Post Lockout Trades/Signings Thread

Triumph

he said he couldnt wait for the devils to make up their mind and wait for the whole Zach saga to be over. too lazy to find the quote though

does "try to sign him" would have been better in my original sentence ? it was dumb not to try, there ya go. It's still on Lou

I don't remember any quotes like that, but maybe I just missed them. I think that's more Devils fan guesses and it's now morphing into a reality that didn't happen. I think it's pretty obvious Poni could have gotten more money that he got, so I don't think money was his driving factor.

http://blogs.northje...igns_with_jets/

The Devils did get in contact with Ponikarovsky’s agent, Rick Curran, this afternoon, but never were in the actively involved in negotiations.

I'm guessing the conversation went like this:

"Hey Rick, we'd like to see where Poni's free agency is at"

"Lou, Poni wants to play in Winnipeg with Antropov"

"Ok, Rick, that's fine, we wish him the best"

------------------------------

The Devils have oodles of cap space, it's not like Lou had to wait around to see if he could spend $1.8 million dollars or that Lou can't handle multiple negotiations at once.

Edited by Devils731

I can't remember who it was exactly, but my friend's dad met Ponikarovsky through a business associate last summer and found out that there was a either a coach or front office person that he wanted to re-unite with because he had a great relationship with them. That was just 1 of the reasons he went there.

he said he couldnt wait for the devils to make up their mind and wait for the whole Zach saga to be over. too lazy to find the quote though

does "try to sign him" would have been better in my original sentence ? it was dumb not to try, there ya go. It's still on Lou

Lou didn't sign anyone. He wasn't sure how the Parise signing would affect the cap, so he really didn't know what kind of money was available yet. Salvador, Marty, and Hedberg all had to wait.

There's also the possibility that Poni wanted to go to Winnipeg regardless.

Lou didn't sign anyone. He wasn't sure how the Parise signing would affect the cap, so he really didn't know what kind of money was available yet. Salvador, Marty, and Hedberg all had to wait.

There's also the possibility that Poni wanted to go to Winnipeg regardless.

Well there you go...why? Cause he waited last minute to try to resign all those guys, ran out of time

Well there you go...why? Cause he waited last minute to try to resign all those guys, ran out of time

No, the money would be an issue regardless. Parise and his agents signed one year with the intension of hitting free agency. Lou didn't know what his cap would look like because he didn't know what Parise's decision would be. Then Zach waited a week to make a decision.

Had Lou signed everyone, it may have limited his ability to match a Parise offer. He had to play it smart.

Wish the Devils had gotten in on Lombardi. Well worth the risk/reward and probably could have been acquired for a prospect.

Connolly appears to be on his way out in Toronto. If he's bought out, he wouldn't be a bad one-year contract for the Devils to take a gamble on. He's hurt every other game, but he'd be good on the powerplay and he'd give some additional offensive options.

Wish the Devils had gotten in on Lombardi. Well worth the risk/reward and probably could have been acquired for a prospect.

Connolly appears to be on his way out in Toronto. If he's bought out, he wouldn't be a bad one-year contract for the Devils to take a gamble on. He's hurt every other game, but he'd be good on the powerplay and he'd give some additional offensive options.

he just got waived. But if he's not good enough to make the Leafs, maybe he's shot now. Though it could just be the Leafs making a spot for Kadri

Connolly has a lot of talent, but he's injured more than Gaborik. I don't see Lou making any moves to add players at this point as I think he's going to give guys like Tedenby a chance to prove themselves. I expect him to pickup someone before the deadline.

Edited by Chuck the Duck

Nick Palmieri just got waived. That Zidlicky trade looks better and better

The only reason NJ included him in that trade is because they saw that as an inevitability themselves. Would we really have thought it odd had Zidlicky been dealt for just a 2nd and a conditional 3rd?

not sure where to post this but i'll post it here.... godamnit could the mtl fans be dumber than they already are... they have all the trouble in the world to sign subban cause they pumped his tires so much that his head is bigger than MTL itself...

now at the scrimmage they had tonight the crowd chanted WE WANT SUBBAN! the whole fvcking game and Subban tweeted "thank you! i miss you guys #habs" i mean... COME ON. they are absurd.

The fans run that team and no wonder they suck so hard and keep firing coaches who dont deserve it

I didn't want to start a whole thread about this, but what about trading Volchenkhov to the Rangers? (I know it'll never happen, but a full day until the next game).

He might waive his NTC if he doesn't have to move his family, and the Rags need another NHL defenseman in the worst way. It doesn't hurt that he's a shot locker. JT Miller or Brian Boyle in return?

I didn't want to start a whole thread about this, but what about trading Volchenkhov to the Rangers? (I know it'll never happen, but a full day until the next game).

He might waive his NTC if he doesn't have to move his family, and the Rags need another NHL defenseman in the worst way. It doesn't hurt that he's a shot locker. JT Miller or Brian Boyle in return?

:tomato: