Fraser & Pelley traded to ANA

SterioDesign

Ledger_NJDevils Rich Chere

Lamoriello called the swap (Fraser, Pelley, 7th rounder in 2012) for Foster and Pielmeier, "a win for both teams."

1 minute ago

Ledger_NJDevils Rich Chere

Lamoriello said he tried "to do the best for" Pelley and Fraser by sending them somewhere they can play as role players.

2 minutes ago

W

Meh, upset Pelley is gone because i liked him as a person. I don't think there's anyone who has ever met him that doesn't. It's just too bad it didn't work out here and he had his chances. He just didn't progress after came back up from that year in Lowell.

But, gettting anything at all is a coup for both Pelley and Fraser so this trade can't be a loss.

It's the type of trade you'd expect right now. Spare parts for projects.

You forgot about Fayne, who's kind of important. Foster will most likely be the 7th when Greene comes back.

I havent seen much of Fosters play but Im assuming then Fayne is a more rounded player then Foster is? All I hear is stuff about Fosters shot from the point. There isnt much else besides that.

What catches my eye is not his shot from the point or the goals...its the 34 assists he put up with Tampa-Bay.

We already got the shot (Kovy, Larsson, Tao) its more of how we move and pass the puck to open space for the shooters.

Definitely agree.. I don't think it's the parts that are the PP's problem, it's the system.. But we all have seen the system get better very recently so I'll hold out hope for now

What catches my eye is not his shot from the point or the goals...its the 34 assists he put up with Tampa-Bay.

We already got the shot (Kovy, Larsson, Tao) its more of how we move and pass the puck to open space for the shooters.

We do need a defensemen that can work the puck more similar to how Taormina/Greene work it. A-Train, Salvador, Tallinder (Up until the past week) dont have the puck moving skills that we really need. If Foster is a puck worker and can contribute to plays with passes then thats a plus.

Per TG

Devils trade Fraser and Pelley and 2012 7th pick to Anaheim for D Curtis Foster and G Timmo Pielmeier

:blink: I think it's sad when a 7th round pick is probably the most worthwhile part of a trade.

To be clear, just realize that the only part of this trade from the Devils' side that hasn't been available to Anaheim through the waiver wire is that pick.

Edited by NewarkDevil5

:blink: I think it's sad when a 7th round pick is probably the most worthwhile part of a trade.

To be clear, just realize that the only part of this trade from the Devils' side that hasn't been available to Anaheim through the waiver wire is that pick.

I think a Foster project is worth the 7th rounder.

Sure Anaheim passed on waivers, but now they get them with salary and contracts going the other way... slightly better... and that slight was just enough to push em.

if this gets kovy off the point then look out for a streak

Agreed... if we can have Foster just launches them at the net... our guys can work for the rebounds. Kovy can fire lasers all day from inside the circle and closer :)