GDT: 2012 NHL Draft discussion (Rumors and trades)

Derlique

One other thing I'll add, wouldn't it have been cool if the when the broadcast replayed Mario getting drafted that it be followed by the mentioning of the FACT that the Penguins intentionally lost games to have the worst record in the league that year. I can dream can't I.

isnt it weird that they never showed any clips of Lemieux getting drafted and putting the Pens jersey and all.... ?

oh wait... they can't cause he refused to put the jersey on !!!

isnt it weird that they never showed any clips of Lemieux getting drafted and putting the Pens jersey and all.... ?

oh wait... they can't cause he refused to put the jersey on !!!

You might be thinking of lindros.

EDIT: Just checked. You're right.

Edited by Daniel

Finally home and catching up. Some quick thoughts...

Montreal made out well getting Galchenyuk and Collberg with their first 2 picks.

I like what Buffalo did with their first 3 selections. Risk/Reward pick in Grigorenko who fell to them, solid prospect in Girgensons, and a quality defenseman in Jake McCabe.

Really surprised to see Anthony Stolarz from Jackson, NJ drafted 45th overall from the Flyers. His stock really skyrocketed this year.

Frk seems like a typical Detroit move, watch him stay healthy and put it all together now.

Interesting that Daniil Zharkov fell all the way to the last pick of the 3rd round.

I'll post more on the Devils draft picks but they certaintly added forward depth to the organization.

i wish Lou would put Tedenby in the lineup to start the season hoping he does well and so we can trade him for some value.

I really like Tedenby but he's just not fitting with Deboer's "repetitive dump and chase and working along the boards until we puck make his way to the point in hope to get a deflection in front" system is good for him, Tedenby would be a good fit with a team who actually try to make plays in the o-zone like vancouver or Chicago.

Cause i just can't see Teddy cracking the lineup ever and sticking around with our system now. He's actually super fast so he can get to the puck in zone and he's good around the board for his size surprisingly but he couldnt handle the constant pounding in the playoffs. Hes too easy to knock off the puck

i wish Lou would put Tedenby in the lineup to start the season hoping he does well and so we can trade him for some value.

I really like Tedenby but he's just not fitting with Deboer's "repetitive dump and chase and working along the boards until we puck make his way to the point in hope to get a deflection in front" system is good for him, Tedenby would be a good fit with a team who actually try to make plays in the o-zone like vancouver or Chicago.

Cause i just can't see Teddy cracking the lineup ever and sticking around with our system now. He's actually super fast so he can get to the puck in zone and he's good around the board for his size surprisingly but he couldnt handle the constant pounding in the playoffs. Hes too easy to knock off the puck

Tedenby doesn't fit with anything right now because he is not very good. He's also not super fast, which to me is his biggest knock. He didn't seem to generate very much with his speed this year - it's not like he's some Zharkov sort of player, getting breakaways and not cashing in - he was getting nothing.

And even if he did do well, he's not being traded for 'some value', nor is 'some value' better than the possibility that Tedenby does turn into a good player.

its quite clear from Conte's interview with TG that if either of the goalies were there, the Devils would have taken either before Matteau. They're happy with him it would appear but the idea that they weren't taken a goalie was clearly wrong.

I don't think that's totally clear - I think were Matteau not there and one of the goalies was there, they definitely would've taken one of them. It's less clear what happens if Matteau is there and so is one of the goalies.

I don't think that's totally clear - I think were Matteau not there and one of the goalies was there, they definitely would've taken one of them. It's less clear what happens if Matteau is there and so is one of the goalies.

the way it read seemed to me that conte thought about goaltending and liked them both, but they were gone so matteau was the highest on their board. what was also clear is the organizational philosophy of best player available regardless of position in the first round.