GDT: New Jersey Devils @ New York Rangers 7pm

njdevil26

Why is that stupid? If you're going to get docked a minus for getting scored on even-strength, it'd make no sense not to dock you a minus for getting scored on with a man advantage. Likewise, if you're going to get rewarded for being part of a goal even-strength, you should definitely get rewarded for a goal when you have fewer players than the other team.

It makes logical sense, but when it comes to valuing players with +/-, it unfairly penalizes players who only play on the power play. It especially penalizes players like Brad Richards and Ilya Kovalchuk - forwards who play the point on the power play, and tend to play for more than half of the power play. Short handed goals are inevitable, so those type of players get a free -5 every season.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man this thread is my nightmare -- it's thrown my whole Devils perception off kilter pitting my two favorites against each other -- Chico vs Lou. It's like one side of my personality against the other....

:saddevil: only Chico could get me to doubt Lou.

and only Chico badmouthing Lou could make me doubt Chico.

My problem is I have an inner-chico - and an inner-Lou and .. well this conflict is unresolvable in my mind because they can't be split. and that doubt both cast on each other is like the personification of my fatal flaw.... my inner Lou says who gives a fvck what Chico has to say and that unto itself a fatal blow. Chico saying Lou is SO obtuse so purposefully obtuse well thats another death knell.

But Life has taught me both are correct Chico will always seek a path with some dream that he's making a difference and lou will always know, fact of the matter is: it's going to work out how it works out and it's never the be all end all. Chico says but what is the harm in being kind then? And lou says there is actually no harm in not being kind as long as you're not cruel and it's going to take too much time to be as kind as would be required to create any significant change. And we're too fvcking BROKE to be kind -- as for the rest of it -- the crude quips - get over it -- it's just an expression. Do I flip over your stupid ass analogies - no I just walk away and end up insulting your sensitive ass. I dont have time for you CHICO!! Hmm... my inner Lou rather won out in that... but on the OTHER hand this whole post is my inner chico so really who's winning?

SEE WHAT YOU"VE DONE TO ME HERE?????

You know... that's when the simplicity of Ken Daneyko is all you can turn to! :evil:

there now that's solved :evil:

Man this thread is my nightmare -- it's thrown my whole Devils perception off kilter pitting my two favorites against each other -- Chico vs Lou. It's like one side of my personality against the other....

:saddevil: only Chico could get me to doubt Lou.

and only Chico badmouthing Lou could make me doubt Chico.

My problem is I have an inner-chico - and an inner-Lou and .. well this conflict is unresolvable in my mind because they can't be split. and that doubt both cast on each other is like the personification of my fatal flaw.... my inner Lou says who gives a fvck what Chico has to say and that unto itself a fatal blow. Chico saying Lou is SO obtuse so purposefully obtuse well thats another death knell.

But Life has taught me both are correct Chico will always seek a path with some dream that he's making a difference and lou will always know, fact of the matter is: it's going to work out how it works out and it's never the be all end all. Chico says but what is the harm in being kind then? And lou says there is actually no harm in not being kind as long as you're not cruel and it's going to take too much time to be as kind as would be required to create any significant change. And we're too fvcking BROKE to be kind -- as for the rest of it -- the crude quips - get over it -- it's just an expression. Do I flip over your stupid ass analogies - no I just walk away and end up insulting your sensitive ass. I dont have time for you CHICO!! Hmm... my inner Lou rather won out in that... but on the OTHER hand this whole post is my inner chico so really who's winning?

SEE WHAT YOU"VE DONE TO ME HERE?????

You know... that's when the simplicity of Ken Daneyko is all you can turn to! :evil:

there now that's solved :evil:

This forum would be so damned boring without you, PK.