61 replies to this topic

#21 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:37 PM

Amazing. How can NOBODY fall on a fvcking football?
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#22 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:41 PM

Hahaha and then they 1-up it by completely botching a sack when they had Brady dead to fvcking rights. Wow.

Horrible.

Edit: What a huge break. Gronkowski stepped out of bounds.

Edited by nmigliore, 13 November 2011 - 10:43 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#23 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,500 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:43 PM

Typical Jets, all talk but can't ever get the job done when the chips are on the line. I feel like Walter Matthau in the first Bad News Bears movie when he snaps towards the end:

'All season long, you've been laughed at, crapped on. Now you've got a chance to spit it back in their faces and what do you do? You're out there like a bunch of dead fish, bonehead plays, mistakes. Don't you want to beat those b******s?!'

Hahaha and then they 1-up it by completely botching a sack when they had Brady dead to fvcking rights. Wow.

Horrible.

I would have thought for sure someone was held on the play, especially when they threw the flag but it turns out Leonard got the penalty :rofl: :rolleyes: But hey, they deserve to get it stuck up their rear ends.

WOW they really got lucky on that one...hopefully NOW they at least hold them to three :P
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#24 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,500 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:53 PM

Why on earth are they even throwing to Greene? Earth to Schotty, THE MAN CANNOT CATCH A FOOTBALL!!! This is a team self-destructing on national TV.

lol Gronkowski gets his TD now, wonderful. Maybe now the Jets will finally wake up and smell the embarassment that is their play.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 13 November 2011 - 10:54 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#25 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,552 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:57 PM

Wow. IF the Jets lose this game (and there's a loooooong way to go in this one), I put it much more on them than I do the Pats, though Brady has gotten it going. The Jets flat-out haven't executed, and that has led to 10 Patriot points.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#26 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,902 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:01 PM

This game pisses me off MUCH more than the Raven blowout. That game was pure domination by Baltimore, this is a self-inflicted wound, and it has been from the get-go.

#27 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,500 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:09 PM

This game pisses me off MUCH more than the Raven blowout. That game was pure domination by Baltimore, this is a self-inflicted wound, and it has been from the get-go.

Ya think? Missed chip shot FG - 3 points. Sanchez calling that timeout at the end of the first half - 4 extra points (the Pats would have only had time for a FG). The goofy punt return fumble - another three points, should have been seven. Greene's stonehands was another seven.

And now it's time to get bogged down inside the ten one more time :P

#28 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,902 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:12 PM

Ya think? Missed chip shot FG - 3 points. Sanchez calling that timeout at the end of the first half - 4 extra points (the Pats would have only had time for a FG). The goofy punt return fumble - another three points, should have been seven. Greene's stonehands was another seven.

And now it's time to get bogged down inside the ten one more time :P

Well, we got in!

The penalties are driving me nuts, too.

#29 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,552 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:13 PM

As always, can't count on NE's defense to take it home. Gonna be up to Brady.
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#30 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,135 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:24 PM

just as i feared

3 years of rex....3 years of 0 pass rush

Edited by '7', 13 November 2011 - 11:25 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#31 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,902 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:25 PM

Gonna be up to Brady.

Not a bad spot to be in.

#32 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,135 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:25 PM

that was unreal...almost as if god guided the ball out of any jet that tried to fall on it.

I thought the folk miss set the tempo, but that was the clincher...about how this game was destined to be.

Edited by '7', 13 November 2011 - 11:26 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#33 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,552 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:33 PM

Not a bad spot to be in.

No, but it'd be nice if the D JUST ONCE could give Brady a chance to breathe a little.

And they just did. Damn! The Jets are going to look back on this and really beat themselves up over this one.

#30 FOREVER!

#34 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,902 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:35 PM

And they just did. Damn! The Jets are going to look back on this and really beat themselves up over this one.

I will definitely stay up to watch Ray Lucas go apoplectic on SNY!

#35 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,500 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:36 PM

that was unreal...almost as if god guided the ball out of any jet that tried to fall on it.

I thought the folk miss set the tempo, but that was the clincher...about how this game was destined to be.

The Folk miss reminded me of the start of last year's playoff game actually, where we were also inside the ten, stalled and he missed a chip shot. The game didn't start getting out of hand till that stupid timeout before our TD, then the implosions started.

The Jets deserve all the **** they're getting from this one, the division's gone, now they're back to having to spit blood just to make the playoffs, if they even do that. Fortunately the Bills have gotten exposed as a bit of a fraud too, so the last wild card is wide open (stil not a believer in the Bengals and the Ravens have a dangerous habit of playing down to their opponent but they have the tiebreak on us) ...but the Jets better figure out a way to defend the great Tebow option offense next week.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 13 November 2011 - 11:37 PM.

#36 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,500 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:41 PM

And wtf bar did Ferguson go to before the game started? FOUR sacks by the immortal Andre Carter, really? When's the last time a Jet had even a two-sack game?

#37 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,902 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:44 PM

And wtf bar did Ferguson go to before the game started? FOUR sacks by the immortal Andre Carter, really? When's the last time a Jet had even a two-sack game?

Seriously ... the guy played like Kevin Carter tonight. Andre the Giant.

#38 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,552 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:51 PM

Sanchez fattening up the numbers in garbage time. This is why QB numbers can be misleading, across the board.

#30 FOREVER!

#39 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,500 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:17 AM

Sanchez fattening up the numbers in garbage time. This is why QB numbers can be misleading, across the board.

I wish he'd have gotten the garbage TD late, that would have helped in my other fantasy game. Too bad I couldn't take some of the 178 points in NJDevs and shift them over there :lol:

#40 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:38 AM

I cant stand Collinsworth.. i despise that man :ECW:

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users