Summer 2013 UFA/RFA Thread

Derlique

Brunner, a bit younger, just as explosive. Doesn't seem to have the attitude issues of Grabvoski.

Well he hasn't officially announced Jagr yet. That may be the only addition

I wouldn't care about any attitude issues. He didn't say anything all year when he was horrendously misused and only said something when they bought him out of his brand new contract just because his (almost certainly braindead) coach decided he needed to be bought out. I don't blame him one bit for going off about it. Maybe he shouldn't have let it be recorded but it's the exact reaction I'd want him to have

I wouldn't care about any attitude issues. He didn't say anything all year when he was horrendously misused and only said something when they bought him out of his brand new contract just because his (almost certainly braindead) coach decided he needed to be bought out. I don't blame him one bit for going off about it. Maybe he shouldn't have let it be recorded but it's the exact reaction I'd want him to have

Yeah, I mean, imagine if you got fired from your job just because your boss is an idiot. You're not gonna walk out the door and tell all your buddies that you appreciated your time with Conglomocorp and thank them for allowing you to further your career during your time with them. You're gonna get drunk and complain about how their a bunch of stupid a$$holes.

I think it works out to be about 5.1 per year. I think he's still yet to live up to the hype but was looking like he started playing really well at the end of last season.

If it's 7 years and $33M, as you said in your last post, that's $4.71 per. If it's $5.1 per over 7 years, that's $35.7M total.

All joking aside, I have mixed feelings about Gomez going to Florida. I go to 20 or so Panthers games a season, so they're my adopted "second team" if I had one, so I'll likely be seeing a lot of Benedict Gomez. My girlfriend, who's new to hockey but crazy about the Devils, asked me about Gomez today while I was explaining that we'd be seeing a lot of him. She asked, "is he more hated than Parise?". Good question.

It is a good question. The answer is right now- yes, Parise is unquestionably more hated by most Devils fans than Gomez. Long term who will turn out to be hated more? We'll see how everything turns out with the rest of Parise's career. Neither of them will be having streets named after them around here anytime soon.

All joking aside, I have mixed feelings about Gomez going to Florida. I go to 20 or so Panthers games a season, so they're my adopted "second team" if I had one, so I'll likely be seeing a lot of Benedict Gomez. My girlfriend, who's new to hockey but crazy about the Devils, asked me about Gomez today while I was explaining that we'd be seeing a lot of him. She asked, "is he more hated than Parise?". Good question.

Trick question, Kovalchuk!

• Like 1

Poni overachieved during the finals run and came back to earth last season. Oh well. Off topic, I tend to avoid Hovkeybuzz because of all the speculative rumors that they spread, but anyone have any info on how legit the Mussa guy is?

Edited by Bibby89