Brylin Definitely Gone

msweet

He had a great career here and a New Jersey Devils we will never forget. He did everything Lou and Devils asked of him and it is finally time to move on. I hope the best for Brylin whatever he may do next here. Maybe Russia or retirement but he has 3 SCC that he will always remember and us Devils fans to remember.

Bye-bye Brylin I wish you well. :)

I won't ever forget the night Sarge netted the 4th goal of game 4 in the SCF in '95. Love ya' Sarge, good luck with whatever happens, hopefully you'll retire and we can look foreward to hopefully putting your #18 up in the rafters

Agreed. Maybe one day we will. There will be others before Brylin though. :)

If Lou happens to snag Hossa will he get his #18? Tough call there.

Or a Devils' ambassador for future Russian signings. Give him credit-- he's about the best English speaking Russian I've ever heard.

Great idea. He would be a great liaison.

I won't ever forget the night Sarge netted the 4th goal of game 4 in the SCF in '95. Love ya' Sarge, good luck with whatever happens, hopefully you'll retire and we can look foreward to hopefully putting your #18 up in the rafters

Dowd should have played in that game.

And #18 is NOT going in the rafters.

Agreed. Maybe one day we will. There will be others before Brylin though. :)

If Lou happens to snag Hossa will he get his #18? Tough call there.

I dunno if I win the lottery will I buy a black mansion or a red mansion. How about we cross that bridge when we come to it?

Ahhhhh Sarge, my boy.

The memories will live on forever and you were truly a legend in NJ.

When one discusses players who are and are not warriors on the ice, your name will always rank up there at the top with the greatest warriors of all time.

Thank you my friend and may God bless.

You were and still are.....INCREDIBLE.

:clap::evilcry:

Ahhhhh Sarge, my boy.

The memories will live on forever and you were truly a legend in NJ.

When one discusses players who are and are not warriors on the ice, your name will always rank up there at the top with the greatest warriors of all time.

Thank you my friend and may God bless.

You were and still are.....INCREDIBLE.

:clap::evilcry:

Is this a serious post?

I'll admit that it'll be weird to see Sarge playing for another team, if he doesn't retire, and I appreciate his years of service to the team. He had his moments, and there will be a lot of good memories of him in Jersey.

But using 'incredible' and 'greatest warrior' to describe this guy is simply beyond belief.

Edited by metallidevils

Is this a serious post?

I'll admit that it'll be weird to see Sarge playing for another team, if he doesn't retire, and I appreciate his years of service to the team. He had his moments, and there will be a lot of good memories of him in Jersey.

But using 'incredible' and 'greatest warrior' to describe this guy is simply beyond belief.

+1.

The guy was serviceable, but there's no way his name and number are going up in the rafters of the rock. Just not gonna happen. The only point you could make for that was that he was on the Devils for a relatively long time. Besides that..

+1.

The guy was serviceable, but there's no way his name and number are going up in the rafters of the rock. Just not gonna happen. The only point you could make for that was that he was on the Devils for a relatively long time. Besides that..

Agreed. I have always like Sarge and what he has done for the team. His loyalty is to be honored and he was a great competitor but don't expect #18 to be hanging from the rafters in The Rock anytime soon.

I am at a loss for words. Timex was the only player to never question his role, do whatever was asked of him, never held out, always gave 125% and people here think incredible and great warrior are beyond belief? All I can say is that you either haven't watched him from the beginning of his career or cannot see the subtle points of the game. For his size he was beat on, dirty checked and NEVER once complained. He got right back up and kept on going. That is a warrior. He is not a player who would cry wah I have an ingrown toenail and I cannot play hence my nickname for him. Pffftttt!

I have always been a Timex fan. I will always be a Timex fan. I will pray that he stays with the Devils in some capacity. He has gone over and above what has been asked of him. Many of today's athletes are spoiled brats and single taskers. Timex was always a multi-tasker.

Timex, like my sig will always say, RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

character0108.gifththumb_yello.gif