Devils Viewing Party - Sat Dec 17th @ 7PM

Quinn01

We're not trying to overlook Northern NJ..if you've never been to a viewing party outside of Miami Mike's though, how do you know it's a bust?

We didn't get a strong showing in the poll for Sussex County and we also can't please everyone.

Here's a link to upcoming viewing parties: http://devils.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=73868

Edited by cj241

Fair enough. You'd know better than I would about Nothern NJ being overlooked.

I just wish that I knew where all these viewing parties in Central NJ were. I've seen a couple up in the mountains and a couple down by the shore mentioned, but none have been in the middle.

There have been a couple at Miami Mike's which is in East Hanover and one at North Brunswick Pub on rt 1. Those are about as central as you are going to get. Problem is the demographics as Princeton is central, but it is pretty solid Flyers country. I like in Somerset County and I feel it gets pretty overlooked and there are a ton of Devils fans here.

I know Colin mentioned the Green Knoll Grille as a possible future viewing party spot as the cheerleading coach also works or has worked as a waitress there and the owner is a Devils fan.

I also think these spots would be pretty good:

Freddy's @ Pierce in Somerset

Champps in Edison @ Menlo Park Mall

BTW I just also saw that there is going to be an official team-sponsored viewing party at Anthony's Coal-Fired Pizza in Edison on Parsonage Rd for the Feb 27th game against the Rags. It is a nice place but it is at least in my opinion pretty small for a viewing party.

We're not trying to overlook Northern NJ..if you've never been to a viewing party outside of Miami Mike's though, how do you know it's a bust?

We didn't get a strong showing in the poll for Sussex County and we also can't please everyone.

Here's a link to upcoming viewing parties: http://devils.nhl.co...ge.htm?id=73868

Was there a poll taken? What was the question/results?

Here's a link to upcoming viewing parties: http://devils.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=73868

The first official viewing party of the year at Edison Ale House was a little bit of a bust with only about 15 people showing up to that (better than Vic from Sports express unofficial viewing party there a week or two prior where only about 8 people showed up). The food at EAH is great and so is the beer but the turnout was pretty low.

We also all know about my opinion about Miami Mike's so I wont go there.

The one at North Brunswick Pub was pretty good IMO. They should have more there in the future.

right sorry wrong choice of words. Sussex County has had the worst turn out, or one of the worst, in the poll that was run, so its not on the top of the list as far as locations go for team sponsored viewing parties. Several other members on here have said that the viewing parties arent that great at Miami Mikes. I have personally never been there for one Im just relaying the information that I have heard.

It was an online poll that was taken during the summer. I believe it was on the Devils general's blog or something like that. A lot of us here voted. The most surprising stats were how many Devils fans there were down the shore.

Is that the poll in which Monmouth County came in first?

There have been a couple at Miami Mike's which is in East Hanover and one at North Brunswick Pub on rt 1. Those are about as central as you are going to get. Problem is the demographics as Princeton is central, but it is pretty solid Flyers country. I like in Somerset County and I feel it gets pretty overlooked and there are a ton of Devils fans here.

I know Colin mentioned the Green Knoll Grille as a possible future viewing party spot as the cheerleading coach also works or has worked as a waitress there and the owner is a Devils fan.

BTW I just also saw that there is going to be an official team-sponsored viewing party at Anthony's Coal-Fired Pizza in Edison on Parsonage Rd for the Feb 27th game against the Rags. It is a nice place but it is at least in my opinion pretty small for a viewing party.

I will mention those places to the Team, however we can't have a viewing party for every away game. It's just not possible.

We did one awhile back at Anthony's and it got a pretty decent turnout.

http://devilsarmyblog.com/2011/07/19/devils-army-in-new-jersey/

Just keep in mind that you could vote more than once, that's the unfortunate thing with a poll.

I will mention those places to the Team, however we can't have a viewing party for every away game. It's just not possible.

http://devilsarmyblog.com/2011/07/19/devils-army-in-new-jersey/

Just keep in mind that you could vote more than once, that's the unfortunate thing with a poll.

Oh absolutely and I wouldn't want it every game as it is just too much.

I also see that Hell's Kitchen has been scheduled for a viewing party later this season. Great place but a little small for a viewing party. I guess a lot of the gripes about these viewing parties is that they all seem to be at the same general geographical areas. I know you want to hold them in areas that polled the strongest, but like you said you can vote unlimited times on that poll and can be skewed and will not know how it will turn out until you actually have it.

As for Anthony's I was at that event earlier in the year where Dowd came and talked to each table. Food and drinks are good there and it is a nice place. However I think that viewing party would be pretty popular given teh location and the place is pretty small and I am just afraid some fans will be shut out of it.

Edited by DevsMan84

The first official viewing party of the year at Edison Ale House was a little bit of a bust with only about 15 people showing up to that (better than Vic from Sports express unofficial viewing party there a week or two prior where only about 8 people showed up). The food at EAH is great and so is the beer but the turnout was pretty low.

We also all know about my opinion about Miami Mike's so I wont go there.

The one at North Brunswick Pub was pretty good IMO. They should have more there in the future.

I didn't get to that one unfortunately, and I think the promotion of that wasn't early enough, but they've progressively gotten better. I'm with you on Miami Mike's and we are looking for other locations in Morris County for that particular reason.

And that was definitely talked about with NB Pub.

right sorry wrong choice of words. Sussex County has had the worst turn out, or one of the worst, in the poll that was run, so its not on the top of the list as far as locations go for team sponsored viewing parties. Several other members on here have said that the viewing parties arent that great at Miami Mikes. I have personally never been there for one Im just relaying the information that I have heard.

It's okay, I understand where you're coming from. Stadium Sports was a nice place, but tucked away. If there was a more direct location for a bar/restaurant type place in Sussex County we could definitely look into it.

Oh absolutely and I wouldn't want it every game as it is just too much.

I also see that Hell's Kitchen has been scheduled for a viewing party later this season. Great place but a little small for a viewing party. I guess a lot of the gripes about these viewing parties is that they all seem to be at the same general geographical areas. I know you want to hold them in areas that polled the strongest, but like you said you can vote unlimited times on that poll and can be skewed and will not know how it will turn out until you actually have it.

I've been to Hell's Kitchen on game nights and I see where you're going. We had one for a Stanley Cup Playoff game and got a decent crowd for short notice. We'll see how it is and gauge from there. We can't say no until we try and the owners are helping us out with some great giveaways and food/alcohol specials.

And that's also why we're trying different locations, but Anthony's keeps coming back to us, so we don't want to turn them away when a place is coming to us. If you're in the Morris County area (seems quite a few are) or even Northern area, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE let me know of locations so I can try and get one together for you guys!

I didn't get to that one unfortunately, and I think the promotion of that wasn't early enough, but they've progressively gotten better. I'm with you on Miami Mike's and we are looking for other locations in Morris County for that particular reason.

And that was definitely talked about with NB Pub.

It's okay, I understand where you're coming from. Stadium Sports was a nice place, but tucked away. If there was a more direct location for a bar/restaurant type place in Sussex County we could definitely look into it.

I've been to Hell's Kitchen on game nights and I see where you're going. We had one for a Stanley Cup Playoff game and got a decent crowd for short notice. We'll see how it is and gauge from there. We can't say no until we try and the owners are helping us out with some great giveaways and food/alcohol specials.

And that's also why we're trying different locations, but Anthony's keeps coming back to us, so we don't want to turn them away when a place is coming to us. If you're in the Morris County area (seems quite a few are) or even Northern area, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE let me know of locations so I can try and get one together for you guys!

Thats the problem with living up here in Sussex County.....the whole county is "tucked away". :lol: There arent many good sports bars or places in general around here but I will give it some thought and keep my eyes open. Like stated a few times, having 100 people show up for one game isnt always the best thing as space is limited. I personally would like to get a group of us together up here 3-4 times a season even if its just to all hang out in one place and be loud together. If anyone else has any ideas as far as locations go for Sussex County let me know and Ill make my best attempt to have it happen.

Edited by Quinn01

I would definitely cater to Anthony's if I was the team. They do TONS of stuff for the Islanders (and Panthers, since they're based out of Lauderdale) and are a big sponsor for them. If you follow them on Facebook almost every week they have a new event or ticket giveaway for the Islanders and Panthers and I get the feeling they'd do the same for the Devils. Just sucks their next event is a Ranger game. We have to have something like a .250 or lower winning percentage at the team sponsored viewing parties.

Edited by skeeter

Nice! Finally!

BTW, do you sit in 225?

Yes I do.

I would definitely cater to Anthony's if I was the team. They do TONS of stuff for the Islanders (and Panthers, since they're based out of Lauderdale) and are a big sponsor for them. If you follow them on Facebook almost every week they have a new event or ticket giveaway for the Islanders and Panthers and I get the feeling they'd do the same for the Devils. Just sucks their next event is a Ranger game. We have to have something like a .250 or lower winning percentage at the team sponsored viewing parties.

Haha yeah, our next 3 are versus the Rangers because we figured we'd get a good crowd out. We'll see what happens and hopefully we'll win them!

Hey:

Mon, Feb. 27 - 7:30PM

Devils at Rangers

Anthony's

80 Parsonage Rd, Edison, NJ

I'm there!

:D

(except... that might be a game I'm going to... gotta check my package. :/)

how about one in rockaway nj at the sideline bar & grill? http://www.facebook....13501?sk=photos

Have you ever been there? That would be literally 10 mins or so from me so that would be awesome. I'm not familiar with the place so I have no input on if it would be a good setup or not.

The Stadium is definitely in the middle of nowhere so to speak but I grew up in that area so I guess that's why it doesn't seem that far. It takes maybe 35-40 minutes to get to which isn't around the corner but definitely doable for a fun time. The only time I draw the line is if it'll take longer to get to the viewing party then it would take to get to a Devils game...and, again, their nachos are AWESOME!

Quinn did you get in touch with Erica?

Edited by Coorslight

Have you ever been there? That would be literally 10 mins or so from me so that would be awesome. I'm not familiar with the place so I have no input on if it would be a good setup or not.

The Stadium is definitely in the middle of nowhere so to speak but I grew up in that area so I guess that's why it doesn't seem that far. It takes maybe 35-40 minutes to get to which isn't around the corner but definitely doable for a fun time. The only time I draw the line is if it'll take longer to get to the viewing party then it would take to get to a Devils game...and, again, their nachos are AWESOME!

Quinn did you get in touch with Erica?

I havent yet I planned on making a phone call Monday and see if I can get in touch with her and see what she has to say. If you want to give a call over to Sideline and maybe set something up there prior to me making a call out to Erica, go for it. Just let me know if you plan on doing that and I will hold off on calling the Stadium. Im all for making the drive down there since some of you came up here last time. Maybe you could go in there if its that close and scope the place out maybe talk to someone in person?

I havent yet I planned on making a phone call Monday and see if I can get in touch with her and see what she has to say. If you want to give a call over to Sideline and maybe set something up there prior to me making a call out to Erica, go for it. Just let me know if you plan on doing that and I will hold off on calling the Stadium. Im all for making the drive down there since some of you came up here last time. Maybe you could go in there if its that close and scope the place out maybe talk to someone in person?

Oh yeah you said Monday, I totally forgot that lol my bad. I'm all for Stadium if they are willing. I was only responding to devs82 on Sideline. I'm assuming she's been there before and would know better.

I think realistically we all know an official Devils viewing party will most likely not take place in Sussex County. It's just too far and out of the way for most hard core fans to attend. I would love to see the Devils host one in Morris County in the Roxbury/Ledgewood/Rockaway area...please not Morristown.

Edited by Coorslight

Oh yeah you said Monday, I totally forgot that lol my bad. I'm all for Stadium if they are willing. I was only responding to devs82 on Sideline. I'm assuming he's been there before and would know better.

I think realistically we all know an official Devils viewing party will most likely not take place in Sussex County. It's just too far and out of the way for most hard core fans to attend. I would love to see the Devils host one in Morris County in the Roxbury/Ledgewood/Rockaway area...please not Morristown.

Yeah I dont see it ever officially happening in Sussex which is completely understandable. It just blows. haha Side note, I have the same view as you do about other viewing parties, if it takes me longer to get to the viewing party then it does to the arena, its a no go. Anyway we will make one viewing party happen whether its at the Stadium or Sideline. I wouldnt mind driving down to Rockaway though that way its not the same people driving up here all the time.

Edited by Quinn01