new member & looking for info

FightingSioux

Hello,

I'm new to the board. I've been a Devils fan since Zach Parise joined the organization. I live in northern Minnesota and am an avid fan of the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux.

I'll be in Newark on business next week and am looking to attend Wednesday night's game against Anaheim. I'm wondering how easy it will be to obtain a good single seat for the game outside the arena before the game. Are there other places where I might be able to purchase a single ticket prior to the game? Also, I will be staying in the Rahway area. Would my best bet be to grab a cab to the game, drive and park, or catch some other public transportation.

Looking forward to seeing Parise and Zajac play live. I'll be wearing my Fighting Sioux jersey, so if anybody sees me at the game, stop me and say hello.

Edited by FightingSioux

Hey there!

Okay my office is in Rahway... there's a trains station downtown on the corner of West Milton St. and Irving St. Newark Penn Station is a few stops North of Rahway.... Rahway, Linden, Elizabeth, North Elizabeth (you'll probably skip that stop), Newark Airport, Newark Penn **.

Round Trip is in the realm of 6.75 or so per person. Arrive at the trainstation 10-15 minutes before your departure time and buy tickets at the machine on the platform so you don't have to deal with the on-train surcharge.

There's a big parking deck in Rahway by the train station. For the time you'll be gone, parking should cost you 4$ at the deck.

As far as tickets... you won't need to scalp outside the arena. You can go to the box office and get a seat anywhere in the arena. Wednesday night Devils games against teams NOT named the Rangers won't be sold out.

If you don't want to wait for the box office, go to ticketmaster.com or stubhub.com You will be able to get in the building for really cheap trust me.

Where in the "Rahway area" are you staying? I'll def be able to help you out with what you should do.

If you drive and you're in Rahway... you can either drive to Clark and get on the parkway

Take exit 140 onto Rt. 22 EAST. Then take Route 21 North into downtown Newark... then make a left on Lafayette St. and look for parking.

(You could also take the parkway to exit 142. Stay right through the tolls onto 78 East. From there you can take Exit 57 to the Prudential Center and follow the signs.)

If you take Rt 1 North from Rahway, just go North until you see signs for Rt 21 North and downtown Newark.

If you want a cab, Station Cab is the best cab in Rahway. I don't know how expensive that would be. You might be better off taking the train. Station Cab's # is 732-388-2222

If you drive, make sure to drive up and down Mulberry St before you park in a lot. I never pay for parking and am always able to find a spot on the street. A little walk is definitely worth saving 15-20 $ on parking.

If you need more help or have more questions, send me a PM or e-mail me

atimoni2628@gmail.com

Hello,

I'm new to the board. I've been a Devils fan since Zach Parise joined the organization. I live in northern Minnesota and am an avid fan of the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux.

I'll be in Newark on business next week and am looking to attend Wednesday night's game against Anaheim. I'm wondering how easy it will be to obtain a good single seat for the game outside the arena before the game. Are there other places where I might be able to purchase a single ticket prior to the game? Also, I will be staying in the Rahway area. Would my best bet be to grab a cab to the game, drive and park, or catch some other public transportation.

Looking forward to seeing Parise and Zajac play live. I'll be wearing my Fighting Sioux jersey, so if anybody sees me at the game, stop me and say hello.

I have an extra in Section 209, if you don't mind loud fans with attitude :evil:

Thanks for the offer Crasher, but since this may be the only home Devils game I get a chance to make it to, I may spend a little more and try to get closer to the ice.

Anytime :P

and just come early for warmups and sit with the REAL fans!!!!

209 is one of the most fun sections I have sat in at the arena. The only problem is that there are some guys up there that drink A LOT and are intent on talking about everything BUT the game. It's still fun though. I usually sit in either section 209 or section 7.

The good thing about the expensive seats is that the way the arena is designed, it's twice as loud down there with the crowd, music, on ice action, goal horn, etc. The bad part is that it's mostly corporate NYC suits down there that won't get off their Blackberries or talk about their jobs.

Although there is some guy up in 209 that refuses to get his face out of his Blackberry, even when I'm having lunch with him...

Although there is some guy up in 209 that refuses to get his face out of his Blackberry, even when I'm having lunch with him...

Hey you answered a text or two also :P

I'm taking notes for my thoughts from 209 so I don't forget!! *hrmpf*