Random Thoughts & Stuff

sammyk

That's good you're not quitting. You definitely need to stop being critical, or rather overcritical of yourself. You're still a n00b and I'm sure your employer is well aware of that and knows you're bound to make mistakes. Do you discuss the criticism with your boss or just get upset over it and carry on? I'd imagine you learn from whatever mistakes are pointed out but isn't that how it's supposed to be? Why get upset? Well, hope it gets better with your split assignment.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey I forgot to say what my husband said while we were skiing. He came out of the shower and was puttering around while I was watching sports news on TV - there was a big parade and an event up in Canada.

My husband who I thought had been listening to the whole story looked at the set and said they're Canadian and had this weird look on his face.. I said "Yeah - this week" and he just looks funny and says "WOW.. Canadians are uhhhgly" at first I laughed, then I saw he was serious -- I had to say "Hon, it's the special olympics trials..."

total silence.. then "really? --- oh" then after exchanging looks we both totally cracked up!

Edited by Pepperkorn

Yeah.. but it's not 1592 so....

lonely.gif

I'm a downer today. I

kickcan.gif

hmm - I forget what I

rolleyes.gif

So I have no mp3 so I'm playing around on Pandora. They tell me I like Cake a lot - and it seems I do.

Photobucket has an orange background now... do you think they did that for the impending holiday? :unsure:

I never use this smilie... I always forget... bananadance.gif

Edited by Pepperkorn

I am probably going to have to pay $3.49 for regular tomorrow :( And I don't get the diesel thang either. My Dad has a diesel for the cheapness.....not so much any more. Wonder if he regrets that purchase?

Rowdy has me out geeked with the Pi day, but then the date is all wrong any way because of you Americans writing it all sillily. So technically Pi Day can never exist except to Americans, and even then it happened in the 1500s, so ya all missed it.

I haven't ever had to re-enter my OA password. Even when I have to re-log in (which is rare), it still remembers that one. Oha and that reminds me that I have to put DST back on in my settings.

EDIT: Ack my avatar is irritating.

Edited by ThreeStars

I am probably going to have to pay $3.49 for regular tomorrow :( And I don't get the diesel thang either. My Dad has a diesel for the cheapness.....not so much any more. Wonder if he regrets that purchase?

EDIT: Ack my avatar is irritating.

Rowdy has me out geeked with the Pi day, but then the date is all wrong any way because of you Americans writing it all sillily. So technically Pi Day can never exist except to Americans, and even then it happened in the 1500s, so ya all missed it.

Pi Approximation Day can happen on July 22. (22/7 = 3.14ish)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pi_Day

Um, my Dad said earlier this week that diesel is 1.12pounds/litre. So that works out at about $2.30/litre, so roughly $8.60/gallon. Petrol is probably a little cheaper, but still over 1pound/litre. (note that of that I think roughly 65% is tax)

Um, my Dad said earlier this week that diesel is 1.12pounds/litre. So that works out at about $2.30/litre, so roughly $8.60/gallon. Petrol is probably a little cheaper, but still over 1pound/litre. (note that of that I think roughly 65% is tax)

So I was watching an episode of Law & Order (this season, I'm a few eps behind) and wouldn't you know it, Moira Kelly is in it!

Now I like Moira Kelly but at 40 age has not treated her well. All through the episode I was going back and forth about whether it was her or not because sometimes it didn't really look like her or at least not how I remembered her.

Where is RD? I know she's a Moira fan...what say you, woman!?