14 replies to this topic

#1 eldon

eldon

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:45 PM

For 15+ years while watching Jeopardy (on & off), we (wife & I) would first try to guess the Final Jeopardy category before it was announced. Like 'Business and Industry' 'Famous names', etc. Then once the category was announced we'd try to guess an answer during the commercials, before Final Jeop. was shown.
Well my joke guess of a category would always be 'Hockey arenas'.
On Tuesday night's Jeopardy, a category during the first round was 'Home ice'. They gave 5 different NHL arenas and you had to guess which team plays their home games there. Unfortanately no Prudential Center. Just MSG, Scotia Bank Place, Joe Louis, TDNorth & Pengrowth Saddledome. One lady guessed the St. Louis Blues for the Joe Louis arena and no one got the Flames, I forget what the wrong guess was for the Flame answer, but when the guy guessed it wrong, Alex gave him one of those 'oh no's' like everyone should know, when in truth, probably only 2% of the American population knew.
Anyway, that's my really dumb hockey-related story for the day.

#2 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:48 PM

funny....i wonder if their is a youtube of it
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#3 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:15 PM

I hate that Alex does that...like he didn't just read that off a answer card 2seconds ago. Douche.

815631765.gif

#4 ClarkyDano23

ClarkyDano23

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:42 PM

For 15+ years while watching Jeopardy (on & off), we (wife & I) would first try to guess the Final Jeopardy category before it was announced. Like 'Business and Industry' 'Famous names', etc. Then once the category was announced we'd try to guess an answer during the commercials, before Final Jeop. was shown.
Well my joke guess of a category would always be 'Hockey arenas'.
On Tuesday night's Jeopardy, a category during the first round was 'Home ice'. They gave 5 different NHL arenas and you had to guess which team plays their home games there. Unfortanately no Prudential Center. Just MSG, Scotia Bank Place, Joe Louis, TDNorth & Pengrowth Saddledome. One lady guessed the St. Louis Blues for the Joe Louis arena and no one got the Flames, I forget what the wrong guess was for the Flame answer, but when the guy guessed it wrong, Alex gave him one of those 'oh no's' like everyone should know, when in truth, probably only 2% of the American population knew.
Anyway, that's my really dumb hockey-related story for the day.

Lol, I saw this too, if I remember right, he guessed the Montreal Canadiens for the Saddledome
-CD23

"Not one camera, not one reporter. But, guess what? If that kid was hurt, I woulda had everyone in that friggin building in front of my face. Isn't that true? But guess what, no one's hurt, so there's nothing to write about."
-Scott Stevens regarding both, his hit in Game 4 on Sami Kapanen during Round 1 against the Hurricanes in 2001, and the media looking for something to write about

My Youtube Page! - http://www.youtube.com/McKay4429061

My Devils Photos! - http://www.flickr.co...57602625649087/

http://www.pokerroad.com

#5 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,914 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:40 PM

I hate that Alex does that...like he didn't just read that off a answer card 2seconds ago. Douche.

Well, he's Canadian, so I'm sure he knew the answer for that one already.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#6 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:58 PM

One time I was watching Wheel of Fortune with my mom and I got one of the puzzles before any of the letters were up yet. My mom got mad at me saying I must have seen it earlier in the day and I just ruined it for her haha. I think it was pretty easy though, the category was occupation and there was a three-letter word, another three-letter word, and a six-letter word. Can anyone else figure it out?
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#7 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:58 PM

#8 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,314 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:31 PM

Not only is he Canadian, before his game show days, he narrated the Stanley Cup highlight films. I remember seeing a highlight film from the late 50s or early 60s and thought "wtf? is that Trebek??!"
Posted Image

#9 eldon

eldon

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:26 AM

One time I was watching Wheel of Fortune with my mom and I got one of the puzzles before any of the letters were up yet. My mom got mad at me saying I must have seen it earlier in the day and I just ruined it for her haha. I think it was pretty easy though, the category was occupation and there was a three-letter word, another three-letter word, and a six-letter word. Can anyone else figure it out?

Box car Willie? :rolleyes:

#10 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:17 AM

hot box dancer!

:evil:

I'm here for the party

#11 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,987 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:09 AM

hot dog vendor

#12 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:25 AM

hot dog vendor

Yep
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#13 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:42 AM

Thats an odd category and question for jeopardy. They had to guess all 5? Weird.

#14 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:32 AM

hot box dancer!
:evil:

Where do I apply for this?

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#15 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:19 PM

Runyonland!

I love the Will Shortz NPR things liek that... It's fun in the car because I shout 'em out and my husband gets all grumpy -- especially when I shout out the totally wrong answer and he knew the right one but I shouted faster anyhow! :giggle: y'all know, my husband is a saint!

I'm here for the party

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users