Devils Sign McGillis, Malakhov, Rafalski

HellOnICE

Malakhov actually played really well for the Flyers last year during his stint with them. He gave the Devils fits.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup, just about to say this. He looked good with Philly last year, but as we all know he is a real wild card. Hopefully he stays healthy and can excell under Robinson.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do ya think Raffi was on hold by Lou until Scott called or was there a prior commitment (wink)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, who knows. Maybe Lou is better at marketing than we think. I know my dad was saying, "that's it, I'm not going to any games this year," until I told him Lou offered the max. Lou could've had an agreement with Raffi saying, "look, I have to make it look like I did everything I could to sign Nieds even though he's not coming back. Here's what I'll do for you ..."

br, you're ready to give up on Hale after one season? He was a rookie playing in the NHL with no professional experience, and he played respectably. To be sure he was weak at the start, but towards the end of the season (before his injury) he was playing solid hockey; I remember a game against the Rangers last year where he was everywhere and hitting anything in blue.

This is a player the Devils initially projected as a top-pairing d-man. I'd like to see him get regular ice time and develop further -- but I'm thinking Lou will keep him in Albany to see if he can play an entire year without injury or illness shortening his season. No need to risk it if McGillis can fill his spot.

honestly i don't care what lou does with hale as long as he's not in a devil's jersey this year. if he gets sent back down to albany thats cool...he's not ready for the nhl. maybe in a year or 2. but if we trade him in some kinda package i'm sure we could get something better for him.

I still expect Scotty to come back, he's in game shape. i've seen him myself personally. He looks great.  :wub:

Well i guess these aren't bad signings, but I expect to see a trade, we have oooodles of defensemen.

So White, who else and a draft pick for Thornton and Boynton?

haha.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We BETTER see a fvcking trade. Being the late riser that I am I just got up and found out the news. Need less to say I'm beside myself with anger. Glad we re-signed raf, but McGillis and Malakhov don't impress me.

oh yes... lets play brown.... our great solution to replace nieder....

I HATE THE NEW NHL>>>>> IT SUCKS!

Raffy is my new second favorite player.  THERE is someone who shows true loyalty.  Lou brought him back from Europe and Raffy repays him by waiting for Scotty-poo to make his decision.  I doubt it's easy to know that you're second priority over someone else but anyways bravo Raffy! Of course my feeling will probably change if it turns out that Raffy will be making 5 mil/yr. <_<

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Raffy just won a new respect from me. He showed some real loyalty in this situation. Rafff is REALLY a Devil now (not that he wasn't before, but he solidifed himself as a career Devil by waiting and showing Lou mad respect).

The Devs can get someone good with White in a package.  He's a proven winner.  I wouldn't mind seeing him go.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He's a steady #4 guy. If the Devils are to move him for a forward, he'd bring back a 3rd liner or inconsistent 2nd-liner at best, neither of which the Devils really need. Unless a highly-touted prospect and draft pick are involved, no one's going to be biting their fingernails in the hopes of acquiring his services.

So with this like how much Cap room do we have?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Until figures leak (nothing yet on NHLPA), we have no idea. Presumably there is very little room left.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh like there is a ton of players to choose from anyway....