What is the Devils Plan of Action Now Thread

grcenter47

It meand Kovy can play LW on the top line and gives the Devils the opportunity to maybe get the RW that we've been short of. But are there any RW (or indeed LWs) available through UFA. If not we're gonna have to trade and what are the possibilites there? Is there any chance Lou would go for Nash?

Shane Doan! He is an older, grittier zach parise, slightly less scoring touch, but definately the hard-nosed skater that can play in any situation. 2 years at $8mil i think could get him in.

- Trade Greene, get a prospect and a pick for him.

- other FA of interest:

Dominic Moore

Peter Mueller

Rod Pelley.. jk

Nash, Ryan, Semin..

GO.

If the Rangers can't get Nash then I HIGHLY doubt we would be able to get him either. The same goes with Bobby Ryan. I am sure the asking price is high and the Devils don't have a ton of movable assets right now and I def don't want to give up Yayo or Henrique. NJ also still has to give up a first round pick sometime. I hope the Lou throws some offers out to Semin and Doan just to try but how do you replace Zach Parise? I don't think the Devils will find someone to directly fill that gap this year.

Shane Doan! He is an older, grittier zach parise, slightly less scoring touch, but definately the hard-nosed skater that can play in any situation. 2 years at $8mil i think could get him in.

Dominic Moore

We're not getting Shane Doan or Dominic Moore. Doan wants to stay with Phoenix but wont decide until after July 9th to see what happens with the vote there on new ownership, if that passes, Doan will stay. I like Dominic Moore. I would like him here. His wife was just diagnosed with liver cancer though and he may not even play this year.

There is nothing worth overpaying for on the UFA market right now outside of Semin IMO. And the competition for him is going to be fierce.

I think we re-sign Sykora almost assuredly now and wait til the season gets going before considering a trade with Tedenby filling the roster hole. I dont see outside additions before then. I'd consider Kyle Wellwood, but he's a center and we're pretty set for top 3 centers + he's not very good but did have a decent season last year with a bad Winnipeg team.

I wouldn't mind Andrei Kostitsyn. Does he come close to replacing Parise, of course not, but that's not the goal - the goal is to get better. The Devils aren't out of money - otherwise they wouldn't've made a 'competitive' offer to Parise - but they need to make up for losing Ponikarovsky, at the very least.

Nash, Ryan, Semin..

GO.

Ryan: Are the Devils going to give up Henrique? Because Anaheim has said that they want a few pieces in return, INCLUDING a 2nd line center...which happens to be Henrique in this case.

Nash: Howson expects a bidding war. Henrique, Larsson, draft picks, and maybe another prospect or two would be needed to get him. Willing to give that up?

Doan: Probably looking at a mini-bidding war for his services...Rangers are also interested in him, and his agent has made it know that they'd listen to NY. What's a max that you'd give him?

Semin: Even though his +/- has been great, he's stated that he's not happy about having to play much defense. Fortunately, the Devils are more of a forecheck-and-counter team than a sit-back-and-block team. Also, his aversion to defense might lower his number, but not by much.

I wouldn't mind Andrei Kostitsyn. Does he come close to replacing Parise, of course not, but that's not the goal - the goal is to get better. The Devils aren't out of money - otherwise they wouldn't've made a 'competitive' offer to Parise - but they need to make up for losing Ponikarovsky, at the very least.

Dont know if Lou will go for Tits. I would be okay with him too, but that team suspension for being out late night before a playoff game may turn him off.

Ryan: Are the Devils going to give up Henrique? Because Anaheim has said that they want a few pieces in return, INCLUDING a 2nd line center...which happens to be Henrique in this case.

Nash: Howson expects a bidding war. Henrique, Larsson, draft picks, and maybe another prospect or two would be needed to get him. Willing to give that up?

Doan: Probably looking at a mini-bidding war for his services...Rangers are also interested in him, and his agent has made it know that they'd listen to NY. What's a max that you'd give him?

Semin: Even though his +/- has been great, he's stated that he's not happy about having to play much defense. Fortunately, the Devils are more of a forecheck-and-counter team than a sit-back-and-block team. Also, his aversion to defense might lower his number, but not by much.

I think we could be competitive for Ryan with Josefson as a centerpiece, but obviously need more and his recent injury history definitely lowers his trade value. Henrique is a center, but has not played a lot of center since he's been a regular. The only players on this team without an NTC Id not even consider trading is Henrique and Larsson. We wont have to pay them big bucks for a while and I think Henrique can fill the hole Zach has left. The thing about Ryan is he has made it no secret he wants to go to Philly and they want him.

Nash - Id put this as slim to none unless they're willing to take a package similar to what we gave for Kovy, and they're not. Nash is not UFA for a long time and Howson will get better offers. We may not even be on his list.

Doan - I think that referendum passes on the 9th and he stays in Phoenix.

Semin - Its completely dependent on the cap number. He's the easiest to acquire, but do we overpay for him? Its all about the cost.

I'd rather have a solid 2-way player than Semin - he doesn't excite me at all. I can't stand Bobby Ryan and wouldn't trade assets for him and Nash is too pricey. We should be patient - if Lou sees a good deal he should go for it.

I'd rather have a solid 2-way player than Semin - he doesn't excite me at all. I can't stand Bobby Ryan and wouldn't trade assets for him and Nash is too pricey. We should be patient - if Lou sees a good deal he should go for it.

Semin is a solid 2-way player. His issue is that he takes too many penalties, but other than that, he's a slick defender.