Josefson cleared for full contact

SterioDesign

Per TG

Josefson said he was given full clearance for contact when he saw doctor on Tuesday.

DeBoer said hasn't been discussed yet, but it's possible Josefson will make trip to Calgary/Edmonton/Winnipeg next week at least to practice

and per Ledger

Josefson said he was cleared for full contact but wants to take it a little easy the first few days.

Josefson said he's been playing ping pong for a few weeks. When he was cleared to do everything in the gym, he picked up his paddle.

seriously i wonder what DeBoer has in mind now with all those centers our top 9 is pretty much sealed to me now with those lines

Parise Henrique Kovalchuk

Sykora Elias Zubrus

Tedenby Zajac Clarkson

its even disturbing to see Zajac on the 3rd line but wtv... its working so far so i guess Josefson could start either on the wing in Tedenby's spot since he's better defensively

Parise Henrique Kovalchuk

Sykora Elias Zubrus

Josefson Zajac Clarkson

Tedenby Carter Boulton/Janssen/Zharkov

This is an interesting dilemma and I can't see Henrique getting moved away from center at the moment. I think he has a very short leach for offensive production since he clearly leaves some to be desired in the defensive zone. In a perfect world Zajac, Josefson and Elias are our best defensive centers and understand how to play the position. I wouldn't be opposed to Tedenby spending a little time in the AHL to regain he offensive confidence and continue to work in defensive situations like Taormina did.

Parise - Zajac - Henrique

Kovalchuk - Josefson - Zubrus

Sykora - Elias - Clarkson

That's what I hope for.

I wouldn't mess with putting either Josefson or Henrique on a wing (there's usually more defensive responsibility on the wings... or, different responsibilities, at least). Elias, as well as he's done as a center so far this year, can easily make a transition back to the wing.

I'd guess that Tendenby is going down, for a little while at least. He seemed to do real well with Josefson last season, but we'll see what happens.

Oh, and Kovalchuk is staying on the right side. He's a right handed shot, for one; more importantly though, he's made the transition and is committed to it (unlike last season). Sykora can easily go back to the right side (where he started the season). Zubrus is a left handed shot (and a real smart player), so there's no real reason he couldn't go to the left side.

Parise Henrique Kovalcuk
Elias Zajac Sykora
Zubrus Josefson Clarkson

Or, if Sykora and Zubs bugs ya:

Parise Henrique Kovalcuk
Elias Zajac Zubrus
Sykora Josefson Clarkson

Oh man this is awesome. He's already going to travel with the team? Jeez I feel like this is at least a month plus a head of schedule? I thought he was coming back in February the earliest or that he was even out for the season?

I actually thought it was March but either way this is great news.. Gotta love young players, they heal faster and cost less

Yea, a week ago or so the story line was a return around February.

The original estimate was 3 months (it's been 2.5).

It's definitely nice to have him making a comeback so soon.

I wouldn't mess with putting either Josefson or Henrique on a wing (there's usually more defensive responsibility on the wings... or, different responsibilities, at least). Elias, as well as he's done as a center so far this year, can easily make a transition back to the wing.

except that elias is the team's best center and plays his game best as a center. furthermore, that line goes up against the other team's top line often and usually plays them to even. i would not mess with that line.

i think i most agree with jas0nmacissac's lines once everyone is healthy and 100%. I could see JJ's first couple of games being 4th line duty to get him into the swing of things.

Was I dreaming? Or was it not too long ago when every single Devils fan was worried, rightly so, about our lack of depth at the center position? I'm amazed we're actually having a legitimate conversation present day about what to do with the "logjam" of good centers we have at this point (when J.J. returns). Don't get me wrong, I'm psyched we have this "problem." But man, I'm still shaking my head that THIS situation corrected itself as quickly as it did. Maybe it's just me ...

heh It's definitely not your imagination!

Just remember though, that Zajac was seriously injured, Henrique was an unknown (and untested) quantity, and that Josefson was (and still is, really) basically untested.

Honestly, I'm not as syked about getting JJ back as I was about Zajac finally playing again. Not that I'm complaining; Josefson has a bunch of talent and potential, but he is still a new(ish) player.

I'd guess that Tendenby is going down, for a little while at least. He seemed to do real well with Josefson last season, but we'll see what happens.

Oh, and Kovalchuk is staying on the right side. He's a right handed shot, for one; more importantly though, he's made the transition and is committed to it (unlike last season). Sykora can easily go back to the right side (where he started the season). Zubrus is a left handed shot (and a real smart player), so there's no real reason he couldn't go to the left side.

Parise Henrique Kovalcuk
Elias Zajac Sykora
Zubrus Josefson Clarkson

Or, if Sykora and Zubs bugs ya:

Parise Henrique Kovalcuk
Elias Zajac Zubrus
Sykora Josefson Clarkson

Sykora and Elias need to stay together IMO. They feed off each other for sure, always seem to know where the the other one is at the right time.

heh It's definitely not your imagination!

Just remember though, that Zajac was seriously injured, Henrique was an unknown (and untested) quantity, and that Josefson was (and still is, really) basically untested.

Honestly, I'm not as syked about getting JJ back as I was about Zajac finally playing again. Not that I'm complaining; Josefson has a bunch of talent and potential, but he is still a new(ish) player.

Totally agree here. I really hope Josefson turns out to be a solid player. He looks like he can be but there is a lot of hype about him and he hasn't really done much in the NHL in order for me to believe the hype just yet. I'm not being a dick, just saying.

I'll let you all to fill in the rest.. but ideal lines.

Parise-Henrique-?

Kovy-Zajac-?

Tedenby-Josefson-?

?-Carter-Jannsen

Just shows we have a HUGE weakness at RW. I know Clarkson will fit in with on of those lines but other then that, who deserves it?

WOW I am drunk, totally forgot about Elias, Sykora, Zubrus. add that line in and we don't even need the 4th line. IDK what Deboer is gonna do once JoJo gets back

Edited by Coorslight

I'll let you all to fill in the rest.. but ideal lines.

Parise-Henrique-?

Kovy-Zajac-?

Tedenby-Josephson-?

?-Carter-Jannsen

Just shows we have a HUGE weakness at RW. I know Clarkson will fit in with on of those lines but other then that, who deserves it?

WOW I am drunk, totally forgot about Elias, Sykora, Zubrus. add that line in and we don't even need the 4th line. IDK what Deboer is gonna do once JoJo gets back

i was literally just about to ask if you were high, drunk, or somehow fvcked up lol :cheers:

The "Just shows we have a HUGE weakness at RW." is one of the (and one of the most important) reasons that Kovy is not going back to the left wing.

Us fans need to just get over it and accept the fact that Kovalchuk is a right winger now. It's not going to change.

The "Just shows we have a HUGE weakness at RW." is one of the (and one of the most important) reasons that Kovy is not going back to the left wing.

Us fans need to just get over it and accept the fact that Kovalchuk is a right winger now. It's not going to change.

too bad that he basically stays on the left side of the ice as much as possible anyway.

Zajac is not ready to be a top 6 forward and should be kept away from that role until he gets his speed and timing back. Just putting him with Parise doesn't fix that. So to that end, I have no idea what the lines should be.

Edited by Triumph

As soon as he's ready, I'd like to see Zajac play with Kovy. They had great chemistry last year, and JJ looked lost playing with Kovy. JJ needs to get used to NHL speed before he plays with someone who skates all over the place and passes as hard as Kovy. Put him with Clarkson and Tedenby, or move Elias back to wing, but I don't like him with Kovy.

• Like 1

Zajac is not ready to be a top 6 forward and should be kept away from that role until he gets his speed and timing back. Just putting him with Parise doesn't fix that. So to that end, I have no idea what the lines should be.

Tri - assuming that josefson is ready to play on 1/17, you don't think zajac will be in a position to be a top 6?

Josefson on the 4th line for 2 weeks would be ideal situation at this point. By February 1st you have an idea where Zajac and Josefson fit in terms of health and hopefully Tedenby starts scoring by then. Tedenby and Josefson playing well ensures that our 4th line will not suck.

too bad that he basically stays on the left side of the ice as much as possible anyway.

He did for a while there, but he hasn't really been doing that the last few games.

well, except on the power play, where he's supposed to be doing that.

Also, some of what you guys (it's not even close to the first time that I've see this complaint) are seeing is an actual play. DeBoer is telling them to overload one side of the ice, then they set up the triangle in the corner. Tedenby-Zajac-Clarkson do that a lot as well.