FCC Ruling Gives Verizon & AT&T Access To MSG’s HD Channels

brodeur14301991

I switched yesterday to Fios just because of the savings. I'll deal with regular broadcast Devs games. That was the only reason I held out, then realized it was costing me a fortune for just that and Channel 12 News.

Welcome to FiOS.. Money aside, it really is far superior to cable.. Cable technology is old and pretty much at it's max potential.. Fiber optic technology for TV and Internet in the home is a much newer technology that has a ton of potential

Moved to south Fl several years ago, I have Center Ice through Comcrap. Talk about problems, and maybe I'm being hard on Comcast but they screw up the guide all the time on NJ games so you are never sure what you are recording. Then there is the home games that are always in SD unless I want to listen to the biased away feed ( try listening to a Penguins game, they complain more the Crosby ) and last nights game against Washington Caps was on Versus and the worse feed I have ever seen.

I am thinking about subscribing to NHL website it sounds great, I can choose my feed and watch games through my Apple TV app also it has DVR function all games in HD home and away! I have great bandwidth so that's not going to be a problem. Does anyone else here subscribe to it? I need some friendly feedback! Thank you ahead of time for any suggestions!

Also thanks again to the person who helped me watch the pre season!

Looks like it's a done deal! Coming in mid-December. Verizon Press Release:

Like a home team win in overtime, Verizon, at last, expects to be able to offer its FiOS TV subscribers the channels of the MSG Network in high-definition in the coming weeks.

The HD feeds of both MSG and MSG+ are ultimately expected to be made available to FiOS TV subscribers in New York City and state, northern and central New Jersey, and Connecticut. The two channels will be included in all levels of FiOS TV service packages, except FiOS TV Local.

The company expects the channels to be available in mid-December. The exact channel locations will be determined closer to launch date. FiOS TV already carries MSG and MSG+ in standard definition (SD) format.

http://newscenter.verizon.com/press-releases/verizon/2011/verizon-fios-tv-subscribers.html

Let's just hope CV doesn't find some other way to delay again.

Looks like it's a done deal! Coming in mid-December. Verizon Press Release:

http://newscenter.verizon.com/press-releases/verizon/2011/verizon-fios-tv-subscribers.html

Let's just hope CV doesn't find some other way to delay again.

Best quote of the article:

Soon FiOS TV subscribers can watch all their favorite New York area sports teams in HD, with the picture quality that you can only get from the FiOS 100 percent fiber-to-the-home network

Hey Cablevision, thanks for the HD. And by the way, our service kicks yours in the balls

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.hd-report...-hd/#more-12613

The areas where Verizon will offer the two MSG networks in HD include New York City and state, northern and central New Jersey, and Connecticut. The channels will be included in all FiOS TV service packages except FiOS TV Local.

Mid-December! HELL YEAH!

Edited by Microwavepizza

http://www.hd-report...-hd/#more-12613

The areas where Verizon will offer the two MSG networks in HD include New York City and state, northern and central New Jersey, and Connecticut. The channels will be included in all FiOS TV service packages except FiOS TV Local.

Mid-December! HELL YEAH!

Not so fast buck-o.. Read this load of sh*t http://www.dslreports.com/r0/download/1705188~867507cd2760bbe9d9de1172ff2aa7b5/cv%20stay.pdf

The 2nd Circuit has granted a stay of the FCC ruling until December 13th at 1:30pm so that they can meet and discuss the issue amongst themselves.. So Verizon cannot run fiber until then, and Verizon has said it will take about 2 weeks before the fiber has been run and the signal can come online.. That's assuming that the court rules in the FCC's/Verizon's favor.. They could rule against, or delay further by calling for oral argument from each party

Why did they grant the stay? You can either take the negative outlook and say it's because they feel Cablevision might have a case here, or you can take the positive outlook and say that it's only to prevent Cablevision from filing another appeal saying that the court didn't give them a fair chance

Edited by Colin226

For some reason I thought it was going to get provided on December 2nd...I can't recall how I got that date in my head. Still I was pumped up to see the link that said it would be available in mid-December, but with what Colin pointed out I'm worried that this is going to drag on even further. I'm so tired of this. If Verizon wins the stay or whatever and can start work on December 13th, then I guess not to get my hopes up until December 27th.

Unbelievable! @#+)(!@*# +@#(

Watch your language or you'll get banned

For some reason I thought it was going to get provided on December 2nd...I can't recall how I got that date in my head. Still I was pumped up to see the link that said it would be available in mid-December, but with what Colin pointed out I'm worried that this is going to drag on even further. I'm so tired of this. If Verizon wins the stay or whatever and can start work on December 13th, then I guess not to get my hopes up until December 27th.

I spoke with my Dad (lawyer of 45+ years) who said that the 13th is an incredibly short amount of time for a public case like this.. He thinks it means good things for FiOS and the FCC in this case, so we'll see

Please please let that mean Center Ice is going to get HD for the Devils Home games it is bad enough that even when the Devils are at home they usually give us the away feed. All Devils home games are marked * which means SD which means crappy pic!

Was thinking of getting NHL Game Center on line, but not sure I want to take a chance on another 160.00 for the year and have it suck also I do have a high band width, anyone have any experience with them????

actually, the link i got was from the Devils Twitter... im VERY hopeful it will be soon... haha

but CV are a bunch of asses...

Yeah I spoke to the guy who sent it out for the team (we work another job together).. Sent him the link.. Believe me, we usually know more than the Devils' employees do when something new comes out

The earliest it can be now is December 27th or 28th

Edited by Colin226