Earnest Congratulations To The Devils

Triumph

F off already.

Unbelievable season, still feel like this would have been ours without the injuries. A healthy Kovy probably turns this series, but that's all what ifs...regardless, what a fun team to watch, and fun season. Really going back to last January has been amazing...about as good as it gets without actually hoisting the cup.

Yep. That Cup would've been nice, and I imagine this will hurt if the Devils don't win it (or come close) in the years to come. But there'll be youtube and Adam Henrique's Game 6 OT goal.

with my age, this is absolutely the most proud ive been of my team. at our last cup victory, i was like 12, and although i was ecstatic, i could not appreciate the team as much as i do now.

i love this team, and i am so proud to be a devils fan. i am so excited to see what happens in the offseason and, although im disappointed at our exit, am so siked for next year (PLEASE GOD LET THERE BE A SEASON!!!!)

Excellent thread and post Tri.

It wasn't so long ago that before the playoff season started there were some who thought we wouldn't get out of Rround 1. We made it to the Finals and did so with dignity. There was lots of friendly jabbing and some not so friendly. All in all, it was a fabulous season. Everyone bought into the DeBoer system and it showed. The entire team matured. Thank you NJ Devils for a great season and thank you njdevs.com for all your hard work.

yea whoa whoa whoa, why have i not given DeBoer my absolute praise since our season ended?

I could not have been happier with the hiring of PDB. He took control of this team 100% and was confident in our team from day 1. He stayed with his system and new we would succeed..

I am absolutely proud that PDB is our coach..

Thanks for a great season coach! :cheers:

And I hope PDB brings some long term stability to the coaching position as well...and please Larry stick around (can take or leave Oates)

agree with every single part of this post.

but even if Lou doesn't, i feel like i am actually pretty confident in what he has set up

Edited by Onddeck

Excellent thread and post Tri.

It wasn't so long ago that before the playoff season started there were some who thought we wouldn't get out of Rround 1. We made it to the Finals and did so with dignity. There was lots of friendly jabbing and some not so friendly. All in all, it was a fabulous season. Everyone bought into the DeBoer system and it showed. The entire team matured. Thank you NJ Devils for a great season and thank you njdevs.com for all your hard work.

We were expected to finish 11th by most "experts". Hell, I even remember that arsehole Craig Button saying we would fall out of playoff position.

Amazing up and down season with a whirl wind playoff run filled with tons of emotion. I can't remember the last time I got so amped up / heart racing for this team. What a season! Hopefully Zach resigns and we have another go at it, cause really... who wouldn't wanna see another serious neck beard from Kovy the Russian Bear! SO proud and October can't get here soon enough.

LET'S GO DEVILS! :evil:

Maybe my second favorite Devils team besides 1999-2000.

That could be the emotion of the night or just comparing it to last year which was a disaster.

I'm proud they didn't throw a hissy fit and throw the refs under the bus after the game for what was a terribly officiated game.

Bad reffing is part of the game and when you put yourself in a position where you need to win 4 in a row... One bad break can sink you.

To me the Devils have always been about not making excuses and overcoming adversity and that's a harder standard to meet after losing but I feel they succeeded.

I feel like we have finally escaped the rut of being an also-ran team that lost to Rangers, Canes and Flyers and are back to being a tough out again in the playoffs. Hopefully more good things coming in the future.

Funky ending but a great run and lots of coulda-shoulda-woulda. . . shortchanging the Philth and Rags are happy accomplishments in themselves. Refs suck profusely but it's also a team effort. Disappointing ending but plenty to be proud of still.

Poser fans out in LA don't even know to boo Bettman. :P

Get Parise signed and wait for October. :evil:

I think each and every player deserves praise for this playoff run, even as it's ending how it is.

Congrats to Zach Parise - if you do leave, please don't go to the Rangers. You'll be set for life wherever you go.

Congrats to Travis Zajac - returning from injury to play a stellar playoffs. Lou, if you miss on Parise, let's get this guy locked up.

Congrats to Ilya Kovalchuk - playing hurt for almost the entire playoffs, he's proven how much he wants to win. Can't wait to see the real Kovalchuk back.

Congrats to Petr Sykora - returning from obscurity to score 20+ goals and contribute some key playoff markers. I suspect your NHL career is over, but you made a much better exit this time.

Congrats to Patrik Elias - he's stuck with the team for so long, he played well even through last year's disaster, and while he hasn't had the best playoffs, he's been an indispensable part of the team.

Congrats to Dainius Zubrus - he won a game in the Cup Finals. He signed here claiming that NJ always had a shot to win, and then they went 4 years without winning a playoff round.

Congrats to Alexei Ponikarovsky - even if he only scored 1 goal during the run, he made some key assists. If he goes, he will be missed.

Congrats to Adam Henrique - a playoff to remember forever. 2 enormous goals, plus a Cup Final game winner. He has got a bright future ahead of him.

Congrats to David Clarkson - he's also made his goals count. I suspect he's been injured all playoffs, but he has really come back from last year's disaster season. He had more assists during these playoffs than he did all last year.

Congrats to Ryan Carter, Stephen Gionta, and Steve Bernier - I mention them as a unit because they played like a unit. Bernier too - he will take tons of heat for what he did in Game 6, maybe so much that he can't come back here, but he's been an excellent find, and I wish him luck if he goes elsewhere.

Congrats to Jacob Josefson - his teammates held up their promise that he would play again this season.

For the defensemen:

Congrats to Andy Greene and Mark Fayne - they played brilliant hockey. The NHL unfortunately has seen how good they are.

Congrats to Bryce Salvador - I didn't think he would ever play again. Not only did he play, he contributed several goals and assists to a Cup Finalist team. I don't think he'll be back, but I hope wherever he goes can get a little more of the Salvador magic.

Congrats to Marek Zidlicky - written off in Minnesota, he proved he's still got plenty of hockey left in him.

Congrats to Anton Volchenkov - the team bailed him out for a rough first round series and he acquitted himself well in future rounds.

Congrats to Peter Harrold - an afterthought before the season, he became a reliable third pairing guy. I hope he gets the NHL contract he deserves.

Congrats to Adam Larsson - you didn't play in the Finals, but hopefully you will soon.

And lastly...

Congrats to Johan Hedberg - you got hung with a loss back in Round 1, but who knows where the Devils end up without your play during the season.

...and Congrats to Martin Brodeur. I doubted you all season long, but you proved that you can still be a great goaltender at crunch time. Amazing play in Game 7 against Florida made this all possible.

We beat the Rangers. We beat the Flyers. We didn't beat the Kings - they were a better team. But still, to come back from where they were in December of 2010 to do this is nothing short of remarkable. It's really, really hard to do this.

:cheers: Great post Tri. Congrats to all the boys on a great season, and a great playoff run. I can't even tell you how much I love this team and how proud of them I am.

What a ride it's been and I'm grateful that I got to share it with other die hard Devils fans. Brodeur probably wont win another cup, but I've never seen him come up so big like he did in game 7 vs the panthers, game 6 vs the rags and in games 4 and 5 against LA. He isn't as consistent as he was ten years ago, but the man is still a very good goalie and I hope he's back next year. If not, I fvckING LOVE YOU MARTY!

Very enjoyable season. Congrats to the Kings they earned it. Congrats to the Devils they achieved more than I expected. Marty had a banner play off run. DeBoer is a good coach for the Devils.

I agree with DM, the NHL and the Players Association need to compromise and not have a lockout. Don't do a Washington.

To all of you good health and a good summer.