Game Worn Pandolfo Jersey

DevilinLA

Question for the knowledgeble forum here:

I own a few jersies, mostly authentic, a few signed.

I just picked up a game worn authentic Pandolfo from the latter half of 2007-2008 and the playoffs.

Red Edge w/Meigray documentation: $390

I'm new to Game worn stuff - how did I do?

Question for the knowledgeble forum here:

I own a few jersies, mostly authentic, a few signed.

I just picked up a game worn authentic Pandolfo from the latter half of 2007-2008 and the playoffs.

Red Edge w/Meigray documentation: $390

I'm new to Game worn stuff - how did I do?

Was that the one on Ebay? I had my eye on it myself, but didn't have the funds right now.

I know minor league game worns can go for up to 450-500 dollars, but I don't know much about NHL ones.

You did good, I was watching that one on eBay too, it's a nice jersey.

If you want to pick up another game worn jersey cheap, check this post:

http://www.gameworn.net/cgi-bin/GW/ultimat...ic;f=7;t=018271

A lot of the cheaper ones already sold, but there were some great deals (Oduya 1st NHL goal $250, Martin with JM patch $200, Gionta with JM patch $450, Langenbrunner pre-season $200)

Anyway, joining that forum is a good idea too if you're getting into collecting game worn stuff.

You did pretty well at $390 and change, but that's what it will run you from Meigray right now with the 20% off sale they currently have going, so IMO i passed being it didn't beat the Meigray sale $-wise.

There's a sweet, great priced Jason Wiemer 05-06 JM patched jersey on ebay right now. For $270 and free shipping you can't beat that as that jersey sold from meigray for $395.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2005-06-New-Jersey-Dev...1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks for some of the feedback. I though I might be crazy for a sec.

Since we'll be right behind the bench, maybe later ed I'll get him to sign it at the Kings game this year.

What's the biggest hit anyone's done for a game worn?

Thanks for some of the feedback. I though I might be crazy for a sec.

Since we'll be right behind the bench, maybe later ed I'll get him to sign it at the Kings game this year.

NOOOOOOOOOO!

Never get game worns signed. In the game worn hobby, getting gamers signed is a form of grafitti and ruins the value of the jersey.

Out of the 35 gamers i own, the biggest hit i've taken is $1200. That was Pandolfo's Rock Opening Night jersey.

NOOOOOOOOOO!

Never get game worns signed. In the game worn hobby, getting gamers signed is a form of grafitti and ruins the value of the jersey.

Out of the 35 gamers i own, the biggest hit i've taken is $1200. That was Pandolfo's Rock Opening Night jersey.

OH - OK!!!

Thanks for saving me from a mistake - I'm new to this.

Damn noobes..... :dance:

You did well. I was watching that one as well but had some unexpected bills and didn't have the extra cash right now. I was trying to photomatch it to the hole in the sleeve but none of the photos I saw (about 25) showed it. I found it interesting to see that the "A" was included.

Enjoy the jersey!

I don't have any game-worns or even any authentics, but I spent a total of about what you paid for your Pandolfo jersey on my replica 1999 Stephane Richer Lightning alternate jersey.

I paid I think $270 or so for it because this was before I started driving and living on my own so I didn't really have anything important to spend it on, plus it was listed as an authentic so I got ripped off. I contacted the seller and he said it was "foolhardy" of me to assume that by authentic he meant an actual authentic game quality jersey, so obviously he doesn't know much about jerseys or was planning on ripping someone off.

Anyway, it was originally a Roman Hamrlik jersey, and the customization had the incorrect font. I don't much care for Hamrlik and just wanted the jersey because I thought it looked awesome and couldn't seem to find it anywhere. I also didn't realize the font was wrong at the time. I decided to send it out to have the customization stripped which was I think 35, and then had it re-customized as a Richer jersey which was I think 65. I also got the 1999 All-Star Game patch from River City Sports which was like 25-30. The next day I found the same patch on ebay for half the price. :doh1:

So it came to around $390 for this replica jersey. Oh well, at least it looks awesome and has the correct font and such.

Of my 7 game worn jerseys, the most I've ever spent is $350 on a Sykora.

I have a very limited budget so I don't get to buy them as often as I'd like, and I wait a long time in between each one because I'll only jump on one if it's a pretty good deal. My most recent is a Langenbrunner pre-season for $200, and the least I ever spent was $100 for my Albelin pre-season.

NOOOOOOOOOO!

Did you win that one at the NHL auction.

I'm searching for one from that night, anyone...someone recently let go an Andy Greene.

The Pando must be sweet.

BTW that game worn forum is great, and seems your a regular their.

Did you win that one at the NHL auction.

I'm searching for one from that night, anyone...someone recently let go an Andy Greene.

The Pando must be sweet.

BTW that game worn forum is great, and seems your a regular their.

Yep, it came from NHL auction. It's a dogfight for those jerseys on there! My Pando has these ugly sweat stains on the back numbers, hopefully i'll find a photomatch of it.

You hardly ever see any Opening Night or retirement jerseys pop up for sale. I have Marshall from Stevens Night, Rasmussen from Daneyko Night along with Brylin's Garth Brooks goals for kids from NHL auctions and they were tough grabs with the competition and the 5 minute OT rule.

That game worn forum can be a great source of info, but it has gone downhill compared to where it was 4 years or even 2 years ago. Not a whole lot of info is shared anymore due to the legal swords rattling, people having to defend their buddies and dealer friends and just plain not wanting people to know things that could cost them a jersey to someone else. It's full of instigators and petty nonsense. Most of the vet hobbyists left or refuse to post because of the BS. New site owners do nothing to curb the veteran hobbyist's blanket influence to do what they please when they please. Unfortunetly, i've been drawn into too many scrums on there that now i only post when i need to and i help fellow Devils collectors in private rather then in public. It's just not worth contibuting to the eventual downfall of that forum.

I changed my webshots page with my collection on it to private. If you want to see it, just email me at pando20devils@aol.com and i'll send you an invite to view!

Edited by SJP20

Hey SuperJay and JWomp (and any other "gamers"):

1.) What's your opinion on getting players to sign the fightstrap or inside crest?

Some gamers I've spoke to suggest that as an acceptable alternative to the jersey "graffitti" ...

2.) Just out of curiosity, shot-in-the-dark, what's one of those specialty jerseys (i.e. Opening Night) fetch on the open market? A low or mid-level player, not a Brodeur or Elias (which must be through the roof).

Hey SuperJay and JWomp (and any other "gamers"):

1.) What's your opinion on getting players to sign the fightstrap or inside crest?

Some gamers I've spoke to suggest that as an acceptable alternative to the jersey "graffitti" ...

2.) Just out of curiosity, shot-in-the-dark, what's one of those specialty jerseys (i.e. Opening Night) fetch on the open market? A low or mid-level player, not a Brodeur or Elias (which must be through the roof).

1) If you absolutely must get your game worn jersey signed, then yes, it's on the inside crest or fight strap, not on the outside. Personally, and this is just me, if someone wants a jersey signed buy a replica or authentic to get signed, not a gamer. The autograph adds no value to it and only takes away value. Sure, some people do not care about value or that kind of thing, but if they ever needed to move it because of needing $, they will find it difficult and come under much criticism (especially on that forum).

The only small exception is when the team itself has the jerseys signed as it's better for authenticity purposes since it's the team doing it. Even then, some collectors do not buy them. This is typically done alot on the minor leagues. I have Marcel Hossa's jersey from Messier Night that is signed. The jersey is part of the Rangers team set which they kept and had the players sign, so the authenticity is not in question. Plus it's a GI (Game Issued) as he did not play, so the auto doesn't bother me as it would if he played in it.

2) The specialty jersey prices depend on how much the person wants to re-coup a loss LOL. You might find a good deal on a GI or lower level player, but you'll still pay a nice price. Most people, like myself, that buy them keep them. It's a novelty and resale is hard due to the price and the fact most are only worn for a period or two at the most with almost no wear. For instance, the person who has the Pando Stevens night i've been trying to buy, wants every dime paid for it plus tax and shipping which will bring it to about $1000. I can't blame them as i would do the same thing, but if you buy these things, you just can't resell them without a loss in most cases becuase the cost to buy them is so high you better like it, becuase you're keeping it! I have two other specialty jerseys, Mike Ryan's Sabres Winter Classic and Marcel Hossa Messier Retirement Night mentioned above.

I have always wanted to collect game used jerseys, but unfortunately, I cannot afford them. The only game used ite, I own is a Stick of Patrik Elias that I bought at the Draft Party Sale. I may stick with stick as they are more price friendly, but if I see a jersey that I can afford, I will swoop on it.

I have always wanted to collect game used jerseys, but unfortunately, I cannot afford them. The only game used ite, I own is a Stick of Patrik Elias that I bought at the Draft Party Sale. I may stick with stick as they are more price friendly, but if I see a jersey that I can afford, I will swoop on it.

Here's a nice, price friendly jersey that is the same price as an authentic lettered jersey:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2005-06-New-Jersey-Dev...1QQcmdZViewItem

The supply of JM patch Devils jerseys are drying up and for $270 w/free shipping that's a good buy. I remember that jersey retailed for $399 from MeiGray. That's how i started in the hobby on jerseys like this that were more fun to wear to games then a Brodeur or Stevens that 5,000 other fans in the building had on. I liked the uniqueness and the fact it was the same price as an authentic!

Are you sure it is game-used? I don't remember seeing any game-used sticks there. I thought they were all just pro stock sticks that weren't used and thus were being sold.

Are you sure it is game-used? I don't remember seeing any game-used sticks there. I thought they were all just pro stock sticks that weren't used and thus were being sold.

Most were game used 85-90% but there were pro stock sticks mixed in mostly left handed. I picked up 20 game used sticks that night including an Elias Synergy that was dated "10/27/07" Rock Opening Night.

Damn guess I didn't get there soon enough then.

My wife and i were 4-5th in line and into the equipment area when it opened. I bought alot more including gloves and helmets, but put alot back that i grabbed at first as it was getting out of hand what i had. I did trades for players i missed and it was a cool way to interact with other fans. I gave a kid a Clarkson i had when i overheard he was upset he couldn't find him in the pile. Hey, gotta keep the kids happy those are our future.

Nice, all I got was a Steve Kariya pro stock blade. $20 (or was it $15?) for a composite blade was a great deal, and it ended up being even better since the cashier didn't know the difference between composite and wood so he only charged me 10. I think the pattern sucks but I guess after getting it for so cheap and only using it for outdoor pick-up games I shouldn't complain.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.