Goal song

Bartholomew Hunt

Apparently you sappy sallys got your way. I just got an email from the devils saying to vote for the new goal song. Boy that didnt take long.

Id copy and paste the email but I cant do it from my phone at the moment. Im sure yous will all get the same email and somebody can copy and paste it.

Edited by Bartholomew Hunt

Good for them, in firmly addressing the "why", so there is no more speculation.  Still would've been nice to have asked the fanbase if they would knock it off with the "you suck" chant, in exchange for keeping R&R Part 2, but I don't blame them for not going that route (it would've failed...like I've said, some would've seen it as some sort of challenge and yelled it even LOUDER). 

But they've done a solid job in trying to make it right...being honest about why R&R Part 2 has been permanently sacked, and working with the fanbase in trying to find a replacement. 

• Like 1

it was the plan all along, they just wanted to give a full stop to the you suck chant in a rude way.

I highly doubt that they will get rid of it just by changing the goal song.  I have a feeling that, no matter what song is selected, the "you suck" chant will live on in some form or another. 

Edited by Chuck the Duck

Good for them, in firmly addressing the "why", so there is no more speculation.  Still would've been nice to have asked the fanbase if they would knock it off with the "you suck" chant, in exchange for keeping R&R Part 2, but I don't blame them for not going that route (it would've failed...like I've said, some would've seen it as some sort of challenge and yelled it even LOUDER). 

But they've done a solid job in trying to make it right...being honest about why R&R Part 2 has been permanently sacked, and working with the fanbase in trying to find a replacement. 

With this fanbase we know at least 80% would reject that idea.  People just want an excuse to chant you suck.

With this fanbase we know at least 80% would reject that idea.  People just want an excuse to chant you suck.

Yeah, getting that vibe from the other thread.  It's "you suck" or bust for some. 

i dont give a damn which song become our goal song as long sa we start winning game!!!! anything that could make salvador litlle faster, volchenkov little smarter and harrold out of the lineup.

I would live with taylor swift song «you belong with me if that make us winning lord stanley lol»

it was the plan all along, they just wanted to give a full stop to the you suck chant in a rude way.

...and that was the major stink over this whole situation. That they made that big a deal out of something so minor and pissed off a decent amount of people over being politically correct

I wonder if they are going to have a group of employees listening to each heavily voted entry over and over trying to figure out if there is any way the fans can chant "you suck" along to the music. 

They should have included that in the PowerPlay e-mail:

Please note: any songs submitted that include the word "suck" in any form will be immediately disqualified.  Furthermore, any entry that encourages fans to chant the phrase "you suck" by either lyrics, tone, beat or otherwise shall be disqualified. And finally, anyone who submits a song in violation of this policy will not be qualified for a chance to win the suite tickets against the Flyers.

:koolaid:  :whistling:

Edited by gardenstatepkwy