RUMOR: Gomez to Ducks

smelly

You have got to be kidding me!!!! How the F did this happen? The guy hasn't scored a goal in 5 years and now there's a bidding war for his services????

Gomez has never been about scoring goals. His game is assisting. He had one fluke year here where he hit 30. Most of his goal #'s his whole career are in the teens.

Frankly, I'd rather take a shot with Gomez as 3rd or 4th line center compared what we have now.

Worst case scenario we waive him.

Gomez has never been about scoring goals. His game is assisting. He had one fluke year here where he hit 30. Most of his goal #'s his whole career are in the teens.

Frankly, I'd rather take a shot with Gomez as 3rd or 4th line center compared what we have now.

Worst case scenario we waive him.

I'm just amazed that there are so many teams interested in this guy...

gomez-milk-carton.jpg?w=480

2566574_460s.jpg

Edited by Chuck the Duck

I'm just amazed that there are so many teams interested in this guy...

I'm not surprised. Lots of teams need help down the middle. Yes, he disappeared in Montreal. It's Montreal though. That's the pressure cooker of the NHL. The Blues, a cup contender, gave Wade Redden a shot. Gomez is 33 and could very well find his game. He could be a steal on the cheap if he can find the right fit.

It is telling that everyone and their grandmother is rushing to sign Gomez and there hasn't been one peep on the Sykora front, after all the kvetching over our not signing him.

Good point. No one knows what the status on Sykora is. Haven't even heard or seen his name for over a week it seems. Since the day his agent came out and said Petr will be playing in the NHL this season.

Oh well, there goes that idea.

Edit: Or not? Thanks for lying, OP. No such post on ANA twitter feed. TG confirms that Devils are interested in Gomez still.

The OP didn't lie, he just handled this post incredibly sloppily. My guess is that he read the article on Yahoo sports that has this link in it:

https://mobile.twitter.com/RealKyper/status/292673809763401728#!/RealKyper/status/292673809763401728

Apparently the Ducks and Sharks have or had expressed interested in Gomez. I'd suggest the OP be more careful in both reading, repeating, and posting in the future, but I doubt there was any malicious intent here bud.

The OP didn't lie, he just handled this post incredibly sloppily. My guess is that he read the article on Yahoo sports that has this link in it:

https://mobile.twitt...673809763401728

Apparently the Ducks and Sharks have or had expressed interested in Gomez. I'd suggest the OP be more careful in both reading, repeating, and posting in the future, but I doubt there was any malicious intent here bud.

Alright first of all, that tweet and article came more than a full day after this thread was posted, so you're completely wrong about that. Second of all, the original post pre-edit simply said "Gomez to Ducks" in the title and "per team twitter" inside, implying that the Ducks official team twitter account had tweeted confirmation that Gomez was signed. I typed up my original reply without checking twitter, because I just assumed it was true. Then I decided to go read the tweet myself only to see that no such tweet existed on the Ducks' twitter, and I didn't see any other reliable hockey people confirming Gomez was signed either. So I came back to edit my post after. So yes, as far as I'm concerned, OP did blatantly lie twice in the original post - first by saying that Gomez to Ducks was official when it wasn't (and still isn't) and second by saying that the Ducks twitter account confirmed this, which it did not. A few minutes later he edited in "not official", but that doesn't make it okay. What really happened was either: A) OP saw a tweet from one of the many BS " hockey insider" rumor-mongering Twitter accounts and wanted to be the first one to announce that Gomez was signed here, or B) He just wanted to mess with everyone by posting a fake signing. Either way, this thread sucks.

Next time, make sure you understand what actually happened before you try to lecture me about calling out the OP's BS.

• Like 1