Tedenby Benched JL Replies "I'll Pass."

Quinn01

"Rookie RW Mattias Tedenby was a healthy scratch for the first time this season. When asked why, Lemaire replied, "I’ll pass."

— Tom Gulitti

I just dont see the reasoning behind benching a player, esp a rookie, for not being constant or at the time taking a bad penalty but after JL reviewed it, it wasnt a penalty at all. Could JL be having a bit of a power trip? He had issues with Langs last season, benched him. Zubrus had issues and whether or not it was really an injury or not, he is out. If anyone is going to be benched.....it would be Marty or Kovalchuk.

Is he just using Tedenby as an example for the rest of the team?

He had to make room to bring in powerhouse Brian Rolston.

Well in that case I would have rather seen him sit Sestito.

We're not in the locker room nor meetings, so we won't know why. Likely if it was play-related then we would know why

True. Bergfors was benched a few games in Atlanta for running his mouth to much.

Edited by Quinn01

Rookies sometimes might just need a game or 2 off to get hungry and get their head straight. Hopefully he comes out next game looking like he wants to earn a spot.

Speaking of rookies, I was impressed with Palmieri's game last night. He seemed to work hard and bust his ass, not to mention registering an assist on Kovies goal.

Speaking of rookies, I was impressed with Palmieri's game last night. He seemed to work hard and bust his ass, not to mention registering an assist on Kovies goal.

Yeah, I noticed Palmieri a lot when he was on the ice, in more of a positive manner than anything. Maybe part of it was seeing A number over 30 out there :P But seriously, he played decently. I hope Tedenby gets back in the lineup sooner rather than later, the last thing we need is one of our promising young players getting pissed of at an interim coach.

JL will probably scratch a lot of our rooks in the next few days...The two young guys that I saw a lot of and was impressed by was Palmieri and Zharkov. Sharky's speed is top notch and I noticed him make a nice move too...Our energy line of Pelley-Sestito-Clarkson actually played well...

What I HATE is that JL said "I'll pass." What in the hell does that mean?? He'll pass? Does it mean he's not impressed?? Does it mean he doesn't want him on the team at all?? That is serious.

What I HATE is that JL said "I'll pass." What in the hell does that mean?? He'll pass? Does it mean he's not impressed?? Does it mean he doesn't want him on the team at all?? That is serious.

That answer bugged me too but what the **** else is new? Every little thing's got to be a state secret like the Kovy scratching. The only reason it ever got out he missed a meeting was all the international attention this received. For all we know it could be disciplinary-related with Tedenby too though I somehow doubt it.

You have to hold rookies accountable for poor play. Tedenby doesn't play a lick of defense. He is basically catching his breath for another attack offensively.

How about holding ANYONE accountable for poor play then? Please, Jacques shows his toughness by bullying the kids and letting the vets do what the heck they want. What I liked about Jacques the first time around was he really did treat everyone equally since he hadn't been here before and wasn't attached to anyone.

So Jacques benches Tedenby by mistake the two games ago and then fixes his error by not even dressing him? That sucks and I hope it doesn't continue. Tedenby doesn't deserve to be sat when people like Langenbrunner, Arnott, and Rolston are allowed to play.

Tedenby got benched at times by JMac as well. He is a rookie and small so I dont worry about about him missing a game here or there or having some games with small minutes. If he played full time he will be well worn out by seasons end and more susceptible to injury and less likely to be improving on his defense.

Tedenby got benched at times by JMac as well. He is a rookie and small so I dont worry about about him missing a game here or there or having some games with small minutes. If he played full time he will be well worn out by seasons end and more susceptible to injury and less likely to be improving on his defense.

It seemed like Teddy was the odd man out because of Rolston having to play. I understand the crappy situation is but how many people would rather have Rolston in the lineup over Tedenby?

i don't even think rolston wants that, so i'll say 0.

there was at least 1.

JL

I rather not have Lemaire calling out specific rookies in the press so I don't mind the I'll pass comment. Benching rookies a game can have a much bigger impact long term then it does vets. Especially when the team looks so lost that everyone looks worse then they actually are.

Joe