‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Daniel

Does anyone here think Zajac will be open to signing long term, or are we in for more of this next summer after his agents say the same thing to Lou, and then Zajac books for Winnipeg?

Edited by MadDog2020

This doesn't bother me. I like the WIld as my 2nd favorite team so this gives me more of a reason to watch. The Devils will get by and as I was hoping they would of been able to keep him. The Devils play on and will keep winning and hopefully win that cup next year and show Zach what he is missing.

I didn't see your reply. I went for lunch and came back to 10 more pages and the announcement of the signings. I think Zach didn't do one thing wrong in this entire saga. Fans were going to feel slighted no matter what happened here. Trust me, there are athletes doing 1000x times worse things than saying "we" while under contract and "don't worry". If that's the worst anyone has...well then he's a fvcking class act until he left.

No matter what he did..he'd be fvcked.

If he didn't make those few comments I wouldn't have felt slighted at all. It's completely his right to pick whatever team he wants when he becomes a UFA.

Edit: I apologize for getting angry at you if you truly didn't see my reply.

Edited by devils26

While im upset at him leaving, its the BEST situation for us as Devil fans...

sorry Zach, you are NOT worth that contract. Best of luck to you. Enjoy being home

Whatever, i've moved on... Such is life, can't get crazy about things that are out of your control.

While im upset at him leaving, its the BEST situation for us as Devil fans...

sorry Zach, you are NOT worth that contract. Best of luck to you. Enjoy being home

Whatever, i've moved on... Such is life, can't get crazy about things that are out of your control.

Come on folks.....don't start hating the guy because he made a career decision. Anyone on this board would have taken the deal he took. There is no such thing as loyality when you are talking millions per year. This franchise is not financially stable right now, so I can't blame him for leaving. Anyone who said they never liked him is fooling themselves. He was the best C the Devils had since Stevens. And thank God he didn't go to the Flyers, Pitt or Rangers.

Thank God he didnt go to the Flyers, Penguins, or Kings. That would have been much worse. I have nothing against the Wild and have kind of liked them as a team in the West ever since Jacques was their coach.

Losing Parise won't suddenly make us a sub .500 team. Henrique will fill the void somewhat and we'll get contributions from other players. Time for Kovy to step up.

I love Zach, but that's a stupid contract. It was over the minute they got Suter. They were competitive, they were offering the most, they were home. I'm glad Lou didn't try to match it. Best of luck to Zach, but nobody's gonna be happy at the tail end of that deal.

In utter disbelief. I believed him when he said "don't worry" I think that's what annoys me about this the most. To lead your fans on like that. Lebron didn't even do this. Oh well...let's hope Lou signs semin and runs

What did we learn?

Zach thinks Suter> Salvador

Lou/ownership bent over backwards by signing Bryce to that terrible 3 year deal.

Zach's Christmas gift of 1992 would come back to haunt the Devils 20 years later.

3900437183_788bc532ce.jpg

Edited by hystyk28

Yep, this was over the moment Zach hired an agent. Lou wouldn't hand out a contract unless it made sense for both parties. The agent got him a contract that only makes sense for one party.

It is what it is. I still think Henrique is gonna end up being a better player anyway. There's too much young talent on this Devils team to be upset over losing someone to one of the worst contracts in the sport.

Bingo.

I wonder which situation is worse: Having to watch your homegrown star and all-around likeable guy sign with another team in his prime, or having to watch your star and all-around likeable guy decline much earlier in his career than you expected and weigh down the team with his massive contract?

• Like 1

I wouldn't have even been mad if we'd lost in the first round to do this...but to ditch your team after captaining a run to the Finals is pretty darn unprecedented. Who else did that, Kariya? And he left on a one-year deal.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Maybe we can sign noew someone like Doan, Semin, Sykora, or possible Knuble, and at least we also have some cap space for a goalie in the next few years if we will need one, or to give a raise to Henrique and Zajac.

I'm neither shocked nor even angry about this. It sucks to lose our captain. If its not our coach, its a player.

That said, the contract is awful length wise, he left the conference, and we will likely only see him on our ice once a season unless its in a Stanley Cup Final, which right now is as far fetched as Lou starring in a Magic Mike sequel.

• Like 1

Wish Zach the best of luck, time to close this chapter and move on. Lou tried his best, but his wife and family comes first. Unfortunately, I dont think this was a wise decision as I don't see much improvement in Minnesota. They couldn't get anything done with Heatley, its tough to say two players will make much of a difference. If anyone believes having super stars will win Cups, then look no further from across the Hudson, living proof that organization philosophy, coaching and team play is what wins cups. Devils have always had a player step up, and I am confident it will happen again.

@wyshynski

Lamoriello: said Parise indicated "If it wasn't going home to Minnesota, it would have been coming to New Jersey. "

@KatieStrangESPN

#NJD Lamoriello: "You don't replace a Zach Parise. You just don't do that."

#yourenothelpingthesituation

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.