‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Daniel

I wish Zach well.

He looked at the Devils with two ageing goalies for two years with no take over goalie in the NHL. Elias and Zajac probably leaving next season. A team in financial bankruptcy. He gets offered $98 M for 13 years. I am sure the Devils weren't close with the money. In a NY heartbeat you take that offer.

Best wishes Zach Parise.

Next: Kovy gets the "C" and the Devils move on, Vanderbeek prays he can keep the team.

We will be OK, we have Marty in goal for 70 games/season.

We have overcome greater loses then this. We have lost hall of famers in Scott Stevens and Scott Neidermayer. We have lost our true heart and soul in Kenny D. We have lost out on players that were greater pieces in the puzzle of the Devils history. Gomez, Holik, Brylin, Madden. All these players have done more for the Devils then Parise ever did for us.

In a great comparison this is no worse then losing Paul Martin to a ridiculous contract to the Penguins and we are seeing how well that has turned out.

The Devils will rise above this and continue on to the success we have always had.

this was basically what i was thinking...

...that and hes a born loser.

I wouldn't have even been mad if we'd lost in the first round to do this...but to ditch your team after captaining a run to the Finals is pretty darn unprecedented. Who else did that, Kariya? And he left on a one-year deal.

Gretzky basically engineered his way to LA with "The Trade" after captaining the Oilers to the cup. Sure the Oilers traded him but that was because Gretzky refused to sign an extension and was going UFA at the end of the next season.

I think he just went to Minnesota so he could be reunited with the greatness that is Nick Palmieri and Kurt Foster. Once we traded those guys it was all over for our chances and we had no shot of resigning him. I think that's all pretty obvious, at least to me.

anyone have any idea what the devils offered zach? if we were short on years and or money id understand more but otherwise he can rot.

We will likely never hear the terms offered. The only thing I've read is that it was "competitive/comparable" to the one he eventually took.

Lou: "I did reach out to (Ryan) Suter. He did not have any interest in coming to this conference."

apparently lou said in the conference call that zach told him it wasnt about the money and that it was about playing home :blink:

If that's the case then why didn't Parise and Sutter take less money to play in Minnesota so their gm could have more money to spend on improving their team. I mean it's all about winning right? $$$$$$$$$$$$$ has nothing to do with it. :rolleyes:

I wish I knew what the realistic chances of Semin coming here would be

Depends how badly we want him. There's going to be lots of competition for him. The Flyers seem to be turning towards Nash and Ryan, dunno about the Pens, Detroit has already been making a move towards him. You gotta think that every team that lost out on Parise may make a move towards Semin. This is why he's waited.

The only way we get Semin is if we pay the most. Does anyone want to offer a $7M deal to Alex Semin? I lean no.

The worst thing Lou can do right now is kneejerk. When we lost Nieds, Lou panicked and signed 3 awful players. Lou is comparing this loss to Nieds.

Not quite the same. We didn't lose a future hall of famer this time.

We didnt lose a defensive anchor on 3 Cup winning teams either.

Niedermayer was devastating to me. This is not good, but not the same level.

Nieds also took less money to go to Anaheim. I doubt Zach took less money this time around.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.