GDT: Winnipeg Jets @ NJ Devils

Mayday

I will be there as part of my birthday present (was on the 14th) with my wife and 4 friends. I was at the first meeting at the Rock when they won and they gave me a win on my birthday a few days ago. Hope it all continues with a win tomorrow.

Edited by Coorslight

Personally, I have the moving avatars. It doesn't matter what the content is, it's the movement itself. Way too distracting for a forum, where what people are writing is the actual content. Movement naturally draws the eye toward it (it's a survival instinct, after all), so it makes reading content that is next to the graphic difficult.

That's why I rarely read Fire & Ice, incidentally. The constantly moving twitter feed and news ticker are annoying when the main content to consume is written. That kind of thing is great for video content such as television, where half the content that you're consuming is audio, but it's terrible when you're supposed to read the article.

That's also a big reason why I disable signatures on just about every forum I join. Some moron inevitably adds a graphic or something with some motion in it. The pervasive animated gifs on this forum have me "this close" to turning off avatars here... but then I wouldn't be able to see the hottie in Masked Fan's avatar. *sigh*

• Like 1

Personally, I have the moving avatars. It doesn't matter what the content is, it's the movement itself. Way too distracting for a forum, where what people are writing is the actual content. Movement naturally draws the eye toward it (it's a survival instinct, after all), so it makes reading content that is next to the graphic difficult.

That's why I rarely read Fire & Ice, incidentally. The constantly moving twitter feed and news ticker are annoying when the main content to consume is written. That kind of thing is great for video content such as television, where half the content that you're consuming is audio, but it's terrible when you're supposed to read the article.

That's also a big reason why I disable signatures on just about every forum I join. Some moron inevitably adds a graphic or something with some motion in it. The pervasive animated gifs on this forum have me "this close" to turning off avatars here... but then I wouldn't be able to see the hottie in Masked Fan's avatar. *sigh*

First world problems. Lol.

Just joking with ya. I don't mind .GIFs, personally...

Well you can always put you hand to cover them or even some tape.......

Open doors so you walk outside

Close your eyes cant find your place to hide

And you shake as I take it in

Let the show begin

The higher you can , the farther you fall

The longer the walk, the farther you crawl

My body my temple, this temple it rise

"Yes this is the house that Lou built "

my correct version of metallica song about jack house for pre game

Edited by Guadana

Open doors so you walk outside

Close your eyes cant find your place to hide

And you shake as I take it in

Let the show begin

The higher you can , the farther you fall

The longer the walk, the farther you crawl

My body my temple, this temple it rise

"Yes this is the house that Lou built "

my correct version of metallica song about jack house for pre game

actual lyrics, for those interested

Open door, so I walk inside

Close my eyes, find my place

to hide

And I shake as I take it in

Let the show begin

The higher you are

The farther you fall

The longer the walk

The farther you crawl

My body, my temple

This temple, it tilts

Step into the house that Jack built

Anyway, who's in goal tonight ?

Generally speaking, I agree. But people like RWTD, Quinn and DF118 tend to have some kickin' moving avatars, iggy's is legendary and RSC's latest is awesome too.

Oh yeah, and LET'S GO DEVILS!!!!!