Lets go Mets!!!

Devils Pride 26

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phils tonight have Hamels vs Redding.. Redding is garbage for the Nats, so mark in a win for the Phillies already.. Perez i think is gonna be hot tonight; once again, just like last year, he is called upon to make a BIG stand.. LETS GO OLLIE! LETS GO METS!

Edited by nmigliore

This is the Phillies. Trust me, they will find a way to lose it.

Not this year, they don't have Billy Wagner around to blow big games late in the season or Abreu as their 'team leader' :P

I can't believe how bad this team is right now. Wright's an awful fielder, Reyes just stinks period now and Delgado was damn lucky to score when he was lollygagging towards third base. And Ollie had one of his periodic meltdowns that keeps him from being a great pitcher and relegates him to being a decent pitcher with overpowering flashes.

EDIT: Real wonderful job by Ollie, 3.2 innings, 6(+?) runs. And OF COURSE Rollins drives in two with a single, just give him the damn MVP now! It's as if the baseball gods hate us since the Wright MVP chants started :P

Edited by Hasan4978

Wright sucks at fielding.. Perez sucked tonight.. Our offense looks on cue but our defense is not - once again this out-of-sync thing is hurting us.. Perez is leaving now with bases loaded (top 4) and 2 out, 6-3 Marlins.. ugly.. fvckING ugly.. And to top it the PHillies are winning.. wtf? dont they ever lose.. Seriously the NAtionals are fvcking bitches, they play like its Game 7 of the WS vs the Mets and suck vs the Phillies.. this seems so fvcking set-up.. i cant wait until hockey season.. next Wednesday, most likely i won't be watching the MEts since they wont be playing Wednesday with the other Playoff-clinching teams..

Sorry if i sound stupid but im really disappointed right now

Wright sucks at fielding.. Perez sucked tonight.. Our offense looks on cue but our defense is not - once again this out-of-sync thing is hurting us.. Perez is leaving now with bases loaded (top 4) and 2 out, 6-3 Marlins.. ugly.. fvckING ugly.. And to top it the PHillies are winning.. wtf? dont they ever lose.. Seriously the NAtionals are fvcking bitches, they play like its Game 7 of the WS vs the Mets and suck vs the Phillies.. this seems so fvcking set-up.. i cant wait until hockey season.. next Wednesday, most likely i won't be watching the MEts since they wont be playing Wednesday with the other Playoff-clinching teams..

Sorry if i sound stupid but im really disappointed right now

Mets are done. If they wanted the Division they couldve had it a long time ago, they dont WANT it enough..... its over.

Worst collapse in sports history. Other than the Phillies in '64 (and they're getting that back now aren't they?) nothing can compare really. Certainly not in hockey or basketball where a ton of teams make the playoffs anyway. And football collapses are one game, maybe a few but this is just painful every day for a month plus now. I remarked to a co-worker that 'I complain about the Jets being heartbreak kids, this is far worse than anything they ever pulled', his response was 'Yeah but you sort of expect it from the Jets'.

This kind of thing changes franchises. I'm sorry I like the man but Willie's got to go. Omar and Peterson haven't exactly earned their money either. Yes it falls on the players for ultimately half-assing it in June and July, giving away games they should never have and Mr. Reyes is the first target there...but management's got to be held accountable for something this drastic.

You lose seven straight to the Phillies, five of six to the Nationals and have a record of ONE GAME OVER .500 at home you don't deserve squat.

the only good thing that will come out of this will be willie getting fired for showing total incompetence when it comes to managing the bullpen and failing to provide any spark to the team

Worst collapse in sports history. Other than the Phillies in '64 (and they're getting that back now aren't they?) nothing can compare really. Certainly not in hockey or basketball where a ton of teams make the playoffs anyway. And football collapses are one game, maybe a few but this is just painful every day for a month plus now. I remarked to a co-worker that 'I complain about the Jets being heartbreak kids, this is far worse than anything they ever pulled', his response was 'Yeah but you sort of expect it from the Jets'.

This kind of thing changes franchises. I'm sorry I like the man but Willie's got to go. Omar and Peterson haven't exactly earned their money either. Yes it falls on the players for ultimately half-assing it in June and July, giving away games they should never have and Mr. Reyes is the first target there...but management's got to be held accountable for something this drastic.

You lose seven straight to the Phillies, five of six to the Nationals and have a record of ONE GAME OVER .500 at home you don't deserve squat.

I love Reyes, but he's been awful. However, the offense has still been doing overall pretty great. The pitching is just awful.

Edited by metallidevils

Yesterday's game was fascinating, it almost deserves it's own thread but I'll put it here.

First of all, why any team would start fights when they're trailing 9-0 and way out of it is beyond me. The Marlins (I guess mainly Olivo) have serious mental issues. And if you're going to throw at anyone why throw at Castillo anyway? Just because he went 3-3 up to that point?!

I was at the game but not particularly looking towards third base when the fight started so I didn't entirely know what happened till I got home and watched the tape. But everyone was chanting 'Jose, Jose', I figured he must have said something to the pitcher - turns out Olivo challenged him to a fight and ran at him :blink: I did see Sandy Alomar in the mix and thought HE started it, turned out he did jump in to prevent Reyes from getting hit. That's Sandy SR. not Jr. :o Talk about backing your team. Sounds like Rick Peterson of all people was going nuts on Olivo even before then. And being at a game and seeing TWO different bullpen-clearing incidents as well as a big Mets win was niiiice.

It was one of the best atmospheres at the stadium all season, despite a loser group of Philly fans that were parading around the upper deck in 'Choke '07' t-shirts, one with a mini-Mr. Met hung up by a noose :angry2: They were basically daring people to curse and throw stuff at them (and I think a few did) :P

By the end of the game the Philly game had started, and when they put up the '1' on Washington's scoreboard in the top of the first the crowd roared like crazy. Of course the Met game ended soon after. I actually went off to Coney Island just to walk around there and sightsee a little since I'd never been there. Even though most of the stuff was closed there's still a lot of food places and kiddie-type rides open, plus I wanted to see the boardwalk and Keyspan Park. When I did walk by Keyspan Park I saw the scoreboard on...I was curious so I took a look and lo and behold - they were showing the Philly game on TV :o Evidently there was some sort of game or function that had taken place and they were finishing up and left the game on for the ten or so people there. That's when I found out it was 4-1 in the eighth, but they finally did turn it off with it 4-2 and two outs in the bottom of the eighth oh well. So I walked around a little and watched the last half-inning in a bar, slapping hands and shaking hands with a few people when the final out was made :lol: