GDT: Florida Panthers @ New Jersey Devils - 1pm - MSG - KOVY!!

ghdi

Keeping it brief.

Just fvcking win.

new-jersey-devils-sniper-ilya-kovalchuk-

TG just tweeted Kovy is back today. First game since 3/23.

@TGfireandice 1m
Devils coach Pete DeBoer said Ilya Kovalchuk will play this afternoon vs. Florida. It will be his first game since March 23 vs. Florida.

Sullivan is the healthy scratch to make way for Ilya.

Edited by ghdi

And we haven't had a home win since that game, ironically enough :P

We've hardly had *A* win. :P

I don't like us bringing Kovy back already. Just let him get back to 100%. A risk of him getting re-injured before he's even cured? Not cool.

I'd like a nice high draft pick, but I'm watching tonight and it's kind of pointless to root against your team while watching the game so... LGD anyway. Tomorrow and on 04/27, though... draft picks can go screw themselves, I want wins. :P

Foolish to be playing Kovalchuk at this point, and there's no way he's anywhere close to being even 80-90%.  Watch us lose this game too to boot.

I really think this was more Kovy wanting to play than anything else.

Absolutely.  He played last year with a clearly significant back injury/ailment.  You don't need to be a "doctor" to see hockey players pretty much play a lot of the time not in 100 percent shape, and get to decide whether they play with injuries depending on the ability to still do things at an acceptable minimum (ie, skate, pass, move) and the pain threshold associated with that.

Kovy might be able to skate, move the puck, and saucer pass, but we'll find out today whether that shoulder can hold up when he's trying to fire slapshot after slapshot and whether the shoulder doesn't sort of numb out on him.  I wouldn't be surprised if Kovy defers more to Zidlicky on the shooting on the PP.

If he wants to play and the team doctors have cleared him do you honestly think they are going to take a chance with their prize player. If he was in any danger of hurting himself they would not play him also having him out there just gives the other players more room while they all key in on Kovy!

Lets Go Devils !!!!!

This is like the 12th straight powerplay they've scored on against us. We just cannot stop that powerplay

also where the hell was this Panthers effort vs the Rags. Oh yea, they're not playing the Devils so they don't care

Edited by '7'