NJDevs4978

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jealous people...

Maybe some of them realize they almost had the Devils and out Cups and got stuck with the Predators.... I'd boo and be upset with that too :D

good point. Remember the Devils were going to be called the Nashvile Cats. I still have the article in my Devils scrap book. :lol:

I know this is old news for all of you but can someone please explain to me how St. Louis tampered with Scott Stevens? I know he was compensation for Shanahan but I don't get the tampering part.

(I'm sure PK would have something to say about anyone tampering with Scott ;) )

The blues had signed Stevens to a contract before July first of the year. Which means that his contract with the Devils had not expired and he was not allowed to talk to anyone other then the Devils without permission. This contract was not valid because it was early, and the Devils matched keeping Steven's services. The league found out this and the swap of picks, taking a first round pick (2001), and 1.5 million dollars was the penalty.

Hey, didn't those bastards just pick one of the players we might have gotten?

Yes, yes they picked a big kid with good wheels and hands, who had he fallen to 22(which was damn near impossible) we would have loved to have him.