Golf.

TrentonDevils

Just wondering who plays golf, and if so what you shoot....

Or maybe you think golf sucks....

I shot a 94 yesterday which was my best score for the year. I used to play when I was a teenager, and just started getting into it again this year. Im officially addicted.

Edited by TrentonDevils

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm. This is not the hobbies forum.

Golf == not a sport.

Definitions of sport on the Web:

* an active diversion requiring physical exertion and competition

* the occupation of athletes who compete for pay

Guess Golf has none of these attributes :rolleyes:

Definitions of sport on the Web:

* an active diversion requiring physical exertion and competition

* the occupation of athletes who compete for pay

Guess Golf has none of these attributes :rolleyes:

Exactly. Golf requires minimal physical exertion and since the folks who play golf are not athletes the second part does not include golf either.

Exactly. Golf requires minimal physical exertion and since the folks who play golf are not athletes the second part does not include golf either.

You even play 18 holes in 4 days with no golf cart??? And there is no competition in golf???

No competition for pay? Tiger Woods plays for free???

There was no level of exertion stated in the defenition. Minimal exertion is still exertion.

No competition for pay? Tiger Woods plays for free???

He said they weren't athletes, not that they didn't get compensated. Wouldn't you have to meet both criteria of the defenition?

Oh, holy crap!

No thread is safe.

Of course the fact it is TD's thread probably stoked the flames.

1 - Not nearly as much as I'd like.

2 - I'm happy to break a hundred.

My best ever was an 82 and it was on a hard course. Chesapeake Bay in Md. :noclue: My short game was on.

Just wondering who plays golf, and if so what you shoot....

Or maybe you think golf sucks....

I shot a 94 yesterday which was my best score for the year. I used to play when I was a teenager, and just started getting into it again this year. Im officially addicted.

Play and get back to me. It's the hardest sport to master on the planet. You have no idea how hard or challenging golf is until you play it. I played hockey for 10 years and I can tell you- it was much easier to learn hockey and get good at it then it ever was for me to learn how to play golf. I was a good hockey player. To this day, I suck at golf.

Golf is very difficult. It might not be as physical as other sports, but to say it's not a sport is unfair.

Being able to master those shots takes a lot of practice. It kind of makes me think of auto racing. Is that not a sport too cause they drive in circles?

I think you have to be in pretty good shape to do that and be a damn good driver. Especially at those speeds.

Auto racing is not a sport either. All activities are not sports. There are competitive knitting and gardening events. Doesn't make them sports. Golf is a hobby. I have played golf many times (both miniature and full size version). Is it difficult? Sure. Is it a sport? No way.

I don't agree because you don't see anyone just winning at these sports. Which means you have to be in pretty good shape to be good. I remember going to driving ranges in CT and I never really improved. I don't know how they're able to hit that ball with such accuracy.

Subject: golf nut

A bachelor took his vacation every summer at Hilton Head.Being a golf nut, he spent two weeks there each year.Last summer he met a woman there and fell head over heels in love with her. On the last night of his

vacation, the two of them went to dinner and had a serious talk about how they could continue the relationship.They both agreed that total honesty was important so there would be no "surprises" later on

that could destroy their love.It's only fair to warn you, I'm a total golf nut," Ed said to his lady friend.

"I eat, sleep, and breathe golf, so if that's a problem,you'd better say so now.""Well, if we're being honest with each other, here goes," she replied."I'm a hooker." "I see," Ed replied, and was quiet for a moment. Then he added, "You know, it's probably because you're not keeping your wrists straight.

Police are called to an apartment and find a woman holding a bloody 5-iron standing over a lifeless man.

The detective asks, "Ma'am, is that your husband?"

"Yes" says the woman.

"Did you hit him with that golf club?"

Yes, yes, I did." The woman begins to sob, drops the club, and puts her, hands on her face.

"How many times did you hit him?"

"I don't know, five, six, maybe seven times.....just put me down for a five."