Golf.

TrentonDevils

I turned pro 2006, I'll play full-time on the Swedish tour this year. Had an average score of about 73 last season.

The people who say it's not a sport or doesn't require any physical this or that don't really know much. Take it from a pro.

...and that is still eliminating the mental pressure which far exceeds any team sport I've ever partaken in (hockey, floorball, football...).

Good Luck with the full time gig!

Edited by Guest

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, this is an old thread. I just read it and realized I already posted in it... two years ago.

What was your average 2yrs ago :lol:

I suck too but I got a wycked drive....My motto is why go around when you can drive over it or through it..

I have yet to go since my injury last fall but the old heads I golf with are fairly consistent (82-86)

What was your average 2yrs ago :lol:

I suck too but I got a wycked drive....My motto is why go around when you can drive over it or through it..

I have yet to go since my injury last fall but the old heads I golf with are fairly consistent (82-86)

I have a decent drive- I can usually pop it in the 225-230 range consistently. My biggest problem is consistency in the rest of my game. I have a tough time from 90 yards and in. If I had more time to practice I would, but it's tough when you can only play a few months out of the year and have to work full-time. If I could retire tomorrow, I would be a much better golfer, because it would be all I'd do. :P

ahhh the golf thread is back, it must be the offseason for sure now. lol

Im a golfer too, dont play as much as I should but try to play a couple times a month. I average in the 90s for 18 holes.

Let's see...with the driver I hook the ball pretty badly (maybe cause I'm left-handed but I play righty? who knows?) Good with fairway woods and hybrids, decent with iron shots, good with chips, mediocre putting.

I'm thinking we have an NJDevs golf outing this summer? It'd be a hell of a time B )

Let's see...with the driver I hook the ball pretty badly (maybe cause I'm left-handed but I play righty? who knows?) Good with fairway woods and hybrids, decent with iron shots, good with chips, mediocre putting.

I'm thinking we have an NJDevs golf outing this summer? It'd be a hell of a time B )

That's not a bad idea at all...

• 2 weeks later...
Let's see...with the driver I hook the ball pretty badly (maybe cause I'm left-handed but I play righty? who knows?)

The tendency for a lefty playing rightie is usually a fade/slice, since you're leading with your strong side and your weak side can easily lag behind a bit.

I should know, I'm like you in that aspect. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Golf is indeed a sport, if you don't think there are advantages in golf for being an athlete you are insane. First it requires tremendous amounts of coordination. Second, in order to hit the ball far you need to have fast twitch muscles, flexibility and core strength. On top of that it requires amazing timing. Its just as much of a sport as baseball.

Golf is indeed a sport, if you don't think there are advantages in golf for being an athlete you are insane. First it requires tremendous amounts of coordination. Second, in order to hit the ball far you need to have fast twitch muscles, flexibility and core strength. On top of that it requires amazing timing. Its just as much of a sport as baseball.

very true.

If people call Nascar a sport than golf is definitely a sport...... the people that call golf NOT a sport are the people that cant play it! or dont understand it.

Ping G5 9 degree Mitsubishi X stiff shaft

Taylor Made Tour Burner 9.5 Stock Fujikura remax

Titleist PT15 penley stealth shaft

Titleist 904F 5 wood stock shaft

Cleveland TA1 blades 2-PW

Mizuno MP Tour Black GW 53

Ben Hogan Riviera SW 56

Mizuno TP LW 60

Odyssey Two Ball

Ping G2 putter

Ping G5 9 degree Mitsubishi X stiff shaft

Taylor Made Tour Burner 9.5 Stock Fujikura remax

Titleist PT15 penley stealth shaft

Titleist 904F 5 wood stock shaft

Cleveland TA1 blades 2-PW

Mizuno MP Tour Black GW 53

Ben Hogan Riviera SW 56

Mizuno TP LW 60

Odyssey Two Ball

Ping G2 putter

Ball?

Cleveland Launcher 460 9.5 Aldila NV 65-S 350, shortened half an inch.

Callaway Big Bertha 2-iron (ain't swapping this for anything)

Callaway X-Forged 3-PW, Rifle 6.0

Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 52-56-60 wedges

Ping C-67 putter

Pro V1x ball

I've got some stuff lying around like a 5-wood, putters, Titleist spoon etc but I never need them.

• 3 weeks later...
Damn Jason carrying 2 putters? Sounds like someone has (or had) a case of the yips.

Ones for throwing.....I wanted to snap my R7 after I hooked my first 5 drives last week.

Definitely not like riding a bike... After my injury last year it's going to take some time

just to get back to being a bad golfer. So I'm going again today and then Saturday too.

Might have to loosen up a bit before hand at the bar..

Ones for throwing.....I wanted to snap my R7 after I hooked my first 5 drives last week.

Definitely not like riding a bike... After my injury last year it's going to take some time

just to get back to being a bad golfer. So I'm going again today and then Saturday too.

Might have to loosen up a bit before hand at the bar..

I broke my right elbow and the first time I chunked a shot I though my arm was going to fall off. The beer did little to help the pain.

Thankfully 100's of chunks later I'm used to the sting now. And the beer is back to being recreational, not medicinal.

Ouch!!

We ended up playing with two older Korean guys rots and rots of fun. The one guy Kim was real good he could knock the sh!t

out of the ball with one of those old school 10cc drivers. He was coaching and giving his friend sh!t in Korean lol . I only lost

6 balls but found 6. I pared 5 holes(which is good for me) and butchered the rest :evilcry: My short game sucks ass

• 2 weeks later...
Too bad for the rain, the course set up great with decent weather. Hopefully they get both rounds in today.

I played the day before fathers day in a fvcking monsoon... Why??? BC they wanted to :blink:

It was just like that part in caddy shack cups over flowing, greens flooded, fairway ha better

to play the ruff.

• 1 month later...