2009 Scarlet Knights thread!

metallidevils

The coaching was highly suspect. The defense had absolutely no idea how to defend against the cincy offense. someone was open on every play, and it was the worst defensive showing i've ever seen. Our offense had 9 straight first down runs. Savage is obviously better/more poised than Natale, but the coaches couldn't see that? And Jabu still gets to play? This loss is on the coaches. There is no way a defense looks that bad if they are prepared for the game.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1 metallidevils on the _efensive showing and obvious LAC of prep.

But now we should see Savage :pray: the rest of the season, and yes, I think Jabu and Natale will still get 3 plays a game or a series of downs. They are seniors. :noclue:

Crasher continues to hope that he doesn't annually spend a thousand bucks on the most disappointing team in new jersey but every year it still manages to work out that way

the Nets??? :P

and no I never spent a DIME on those Rutgers tickets

though I did get to see a Coyotes and Leafs game as the +1 :thumbsup:

I just got annoyed at the force-feed treatment and absurd level of smugness and over-rating of the program by it's own fan base....

don't get me wrong it's nifty that they actually get to a who-cares Bowl and run the score up on some equally trashy mid-tier team, and yes it's a big step up for a program that I've seen half their history's home wins in three seasons... but the way the general perception was from all the people I dealt and interacted with when I was there (and trust me it was plenty to avoid my GF at the time :P)... they felt they were the next up and coming powerhouse in college football which was simply put.... retarded!!! And the attitude annoyed me much like the "Hi I'm a Mac" commercials do!

I just got annoyed at the force-feed treatment and absurd level of smugness and over-rating of the program by it's own fan base....

don't get me wrong it's nifty that they actually get to a who-cares Bowl and run the score up on some equally trashy mid-tier team, and yes it's a big step up for a program that I've seen half their history's home wins in three seasons... but the way the general perception was from all the people I dealt and interacted with when I was there (and trust me it was plenty to avoid my GF at the time :P)... they felt they were the next up and coming powerhouse in college football which was simply put.... retarded!!! And the attitude annoyed me much like the "Hi I'm a Mac" commercials do!

what is wrong with the Mac commercials??... I'm kidding. Did you ever see the south park episode about the people who bought the prius cars and the big smug cloud that threatened the town? With that being said...GO USC!! lol

Why is this a big deal? At least they generate some excitement. I've seen the Devils win 3 stanley cups, and they still get no respect even in their own state. Part of the positive perception is from the rutgers athletics marketing which has done a fantastic job. some of those guys should be hired by the devils.

People kept showing up last year after the 1-5 start and a similar loss to Carolina so they'll probably keep coming again

yeah i had season tickets last year with my friend. He still has them because he stayed local for college, but anyway that UConn kicker saved our asses last year haha

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

awesome game...but on the other hand...i felt so bad for the players and especially the coach, things are really not going their way lately

two weeks in a row a bad loss for UConn after the murder. Things couldn't get much worse for them

• 3 weeks later...