Season Ticket Holder Tuesdays

Satans Hockey

I don't think anyone has been talking about these lately but these started off good but the last few have been horrendous. I believe last weeks was free WNBA tickets and then this weeks was to go see Jersey Boys with Daneyko or Grant Marshall for $88 bucks a ticket. Horrendous idea.

My HS the year before I graduated, did a senior trip to see either Jersey Boys or ABBA whatever show that was Mamma Mia?, I'm pretty sure they cancelled the trip because no one signed up, lol. This reminds me of that.

what would you like to see as extra perks? this is kind of just a throw in type deal. i wasn't expecting anything great. i've used maybe 2 or 3 of these which is more than i thought i would.

I've been happy with a few of them, just thought this last one was a terrible idea. Its not like you can talk to Kenny or Grant during the show. Its more of a what's the point idea for this week.

I've been happy with a few of them, just thought this last one was a terrible idea. Its not like you can talk to Kenny or Grant during the show. Its more of a what's the point idea for this week.

You probably meet them in Newark and take a bus ride or something lol.

Can't really blame them for trying to incorporate other Rock events (Seton Hall, the Liberty) or sponsors (Jersey Boys), but yeah they have run out of ideas lol. One week was just a regular game program.

Pfffttt. I could probably get free WNBA tickets on my own.

What were the good ones for reference?

This is the list of all of them, the on ice picture was the best one.

1 - on ice picture after the game in front of one of the goals

2 - free bus ride to long island for the isles-devils game if you purchased a $45 dollar ticket

3 - the pa announcer voicemail message

4 - seton hall vs rutgers for $25

5 - 2012 Stanley Cup game day program and hockey skate lace bag

6 - free game day program

7 - season ticket holder wallpaper

8 - free WNBA Liberty game

9 - jersey boys with grant or kenny d for $88

They weren't any good ones....they are all absolute horsesh!t

Why bother insulting us with these things??!?

I see a lot of people here subscribe to the theory that sometimes it's better to give nothing than a little something?

Had the team left the STH bonuses from the lockout at that long list (which was in addition to the bonuses we were getting during a full season anyway) I think there wouldn't be all of this complaining.. The fact that they are offering something that some feel doesn't have much value just makes those STH pissed it isn't better.. Couple that with the fact that they had some interesting stuff to start the season and you have a lot of people with high expectations

The way I look at these Tuesday things, they're just little things from the team to remind STH they are thinking of them.. In reality, they already gave us a sufficient amount of perks and I personally don't feel entitled to more from the Devils all because I couldn't watch hockey for a few months

Actually the only perk I really want is to have a monthly payment plan for season tickets without having to pay interest.

My friend is a rangers season ticket holder and they have a 9 month interest free payment plan

Agree. Had they done this, I would have been a STH this year instead of having to hold off until next season.

Actually the only perk I really want is to have a monthly payment plan for season tickets without having to pay interest.

My friend is a rangers season ticket holder and they have a 9 month interest free payment plan

The absolute balls on the Devils for charging interest for monthy payments for ticket plans is huge.  I wonder how many season or partial ticket holders have been scared off by these.

I think it's only 1% on a 3 month payment plan.

Yes and 2% for a 12 month payment plan. I just think its ridicilious that they do this, they are asking for full payment in april for a product we won't receive until September. Yes 1% and 2% interest isn't a lot of money in the grand scheme of things but its the principle of it. There's no reason they should be charging interest on payment plans. The Rangers don't even do this bs.

Edited by Satans Hockey

Universities and colleges charge interest/finance fees now too if you use a credit card. I'm taking 1 grad class a semester and if i want to pay via credit card i have to pay 2-3% interest/finance fee. Even some restaurants do too now. Welcome to 2013.

Edited by devils744

The absolute balls on the Devils for charging interest for monthy payments for ticket plans is huge. I wonder how many season or partial ticket holders have been scared off by these.

Not many considering the Devils' increasing number of sth's the past three years.

I get the principle of the thing argument but really 1% of $5000 tickets (a pair in the lower bowl) is $50. That's basically their service charge lol.

But honestly, if an extra $50 is really that big a deal then you probably shouldn't be buying season tickets in the first place.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1

Not many considering the Devils' increasing number of sth's the past three years.

I get the principle of the thing argument but really 1% of $5000 tickets (a pair in the lower bowl) is $50. That's basically their service charge lol.

But honestly, if an extra $50 is really that big a deal then you probably shouldn't be buying season tickets in the first place.

Service charge for what though? You still buy every ticket before the game is played. That's not credit. I don't understand what the fee is for besides not having you pay for 9 months worth hockey at once. A fee covers the cost of something and it doesn't cost the Devils anything to charge you monthly. It'd be a totally different story if the plan allowed you to pay at the end of the month, for the tickets you've now already used. That makes sense. This, however, does not.

Universities and colleges charge interest/finance fees now too if you use a credit card. I'm taking 1 grad class a semester and if i want to pay via credit card i have to pay 2-3% interest/finance fee. Even some restaurants do too now. Welcome to 2013.

That's the credit card companies service charge that they charge the university who then pass it on to the students.  The Devils interest is even if you pay with cash or check, which makes no sense.

The Devils are just trying to nickel and dime their fans.