A Weekend Truce

devilsrule33

The New Jersey Devils are back in the Stanley Cup Finals! And it is so fvcking sweet!

With that being said...how about for the weekend we just relax and enjoy this incredible win and run. So maybe for the weekend we avoid talking about...

- How this team blows leads...unless you want to talk about how much sweeter it is when they do win.

- Which Devils played poorly (For this weekend they were all incredible. Every. Single. One.

- Anything about LA and why we may or may not be screwed.

- Which posters need to be called out for not believing or being trolls in the past.

There is a lot of argument on this board. Some that make it great. Others that make it real frustrating. But for the next few days...let's just enjoy this team that we all cheer for.

Edited by devilsrule33
  • Like 4

If they had lost, my weekend would have been ruined as I would have been pissed and nervous as hell and my family would have suffered

Thanks to Henrique I can look forward to some great days with my Wife and kids at the beach.

I know, I take this sh!t too serious.

If you can't be happy...hell ECSTATIC about this team after the last few days and the results and the efforts of this TEAM and what they have done and can't sit back and enjoy this for the damn weekend and smile....then you have problems and the issues are your damn own!!! :P

Savor the moment boys.. Nothing is ever guaranteed in the future.. We are unbelievably lucky to love a franchise that wins so much but the future is always uncertain so be sure to wear Devils gear all weekend and soak in the amazingness of it all

Savor the moment boys.. Nothing is ever guaranteed in the future.. We are unbelievably lucky to love a franchise that wins so much but the future is always uncertain so be sure to wear Devils gear all weekend and soak in the amazingness of it all

well -- luck has nothing to do with it for me. I saw hockey perfection after someone dragged me to a game in 1998. Nothing has changed in terms of how the organizations sees hockey no matter what people say. The day that changes is the day I am no longer a Devils fan. I've always been pretty honest about that. Winning is a by-product of true hockey. I'm here for the hockey.

well -- luck has nothing to do with it for me. I saw hockey perfection after someone dragged me to a game in 1998. Nothing has changed in terms of how the organizations sees hockey no matter what people say. The day that changes is the day I am no longer a Devils fan. I've always been pretty honest about that. Winning is a by-product of true hockey. I'm here for the hockey.

Lou can't live forever and unfortunately we can't buy a championship every few years like you can in the MLB

Lou can't live forever and unfortunately we can't buy a championship every few years like you can in the MLB

True -- but you have to hope the message is stronger than the man even. It's one of the most clear I've ever seen - I guess the mission statement. There is just s real respect for the game of hockey. As it stands there is no confusion about what that means.

I guess some real idiots could pull in after Lou leaves and think a winning record means something - but a lot of people here on this board understand. A lot do not, true enough.

c'est la vie

Hopefully I can love the Devils into my old age... really old age that is