Steve Somers

Blown01NJ

i hate this guy with a passion but i cant not listen to him. he talks nonsense and just hates bad on the devils they could win 778-0 and the rangers will lose 5-0 he wont say anything about the devs just that they got a lucky win but he will suck on the rags about what a good effort they had or that they played well when they lose. he def knows not of hockey but i find myself still listening to him

Is he the guy who only refers to the knicks at the "knickerbockers" and lakers as the "hollywood fakers"?

Yep. And he only refers to the Mets as the Metropolitans and the Isles as the Ice-landers. This guy thinks he's hilarious.

His voice is rape to my ears.

He's working you. You're his lead-in. If you don't listen, likely no one else will. It seems to be a growing trend, so I guess it's working. Not hard to understand why, because Devils fans are amazingly easy to piss off.

This, all of it. It's just shtick, people; if you can't handle it, don't listen.

I don't tune in to sports talk radio often (most of it bores me to tears, mainly because I don't care about most sports), but I was listening to the game online last night and I decided to keep it on after the game ended for some background noise. Somers was talking hockey for quite a while, mostly Rangers and Devils. I didn't get a sense of hatred on his part, just some good-natured ribbing. He treated the Devils fan callers well, IMO. I was amused by some of the Rangers fans who are already thinking Cup. :rofl:

I moved out of NJ to MD in January of 2001. But before I moved I listened to WFAN quite a bit in high school and college since I went to Montclair as I was huge Mets fan before the strike in 94 (I can't get back into it now). I LOVED the schmoozer back in the day. Not sure if he has changed but he has a lot of schtick and he is about entertainment as much as anything else. Besides the NHL channel on Sirius I don't know of a good hockey related show on the radio personally. I miss Steve and while he may make fun of the Devils who cares, he is about getting a rise out of people good or bad, that is his job.