Game Deals -The 2013 Tix Deals thread--

Devils Pride 26

It's awesome the Devils having been able to draw huge numbers coming out of the lockout and building off the excitement of the playoffs last spring. In particular, the 16 game sellout streak dating back to the playoffs last year. With plenty of fans refusing to go to a game this year, it really speaks to volumes about how far this franchise has come.

And not only the sellouts to start the season, it's the atmosphere at the Rock as well. Mid week last week against the Isles felt like a huge  late season game. Normally Islanders games in the middle of the week and  early in the season are total duds. As far as attendance is concerned and the place was loud and intense.

That said, lets continue to have a 7th man in the stands for our boys in red. Also, butts in seats and fans in the stands surely cannot hurt VBK's finances at this point. There have been plenty of great deals to and they haven't been hard to find. I paid $10 to go to the Islanders game last week and $15 for the Lightning game tomorrow. These are offers that are available to everyone. 

Make an effort to get to the rock and support the team! If I can do it as a broke college student, so can you! 

Edited by Devils Pride 26

Honestly if it wasn't for these really good deals I probably would have not gone to as many games as I already have and plan to go.  Let's be honest, there is no way they would have sold out against the Islanders the other night if it wasnt for the Living Social deal as well as a couple of other dirt-cheap ticket deals going on.  Even that game while it was "sold out" it wasn't quite exactly a packed house.

Hell right now there has been at least 1 ticket deal for every game from the start of the season through the 2/15 game except for the Rags game last night and the Pens game this weekend.

Honestly if it wasn't for these really good deals I probably would have not gone to as many games as I already have and plan to go.  Let's be honest, there is no way they would have sold out against the Islanders the other night if it wasnt for the Living Social deal as well as a couple of other dirt-cheap ticket deals going on.  Even that game while it was "sold out" it wasn't quite exactly a packed house.

Hell right now there has been at least 1 ticket deal for every game from the start of the season through the 2/15 game except for the Rags game last night and the Pens game this weekend.

Who cares though? The team is playing real well at home, and is obviously feeding off the energy. As the OP said, it's even more impressive because there are some people who have boycotted the league. Any fan that comes in pays parking, food and merchandise, so there's more than what meets the eye. And if we can get new fans to come experience Devils hockey, even better

Who cares though? The team is playing real well at home, and is obviously feeding off the energy. As the OP said, it's even more impressive because there are some people who have boycotted the league. Any fan that comes in pays parking, food and merchandise, so there's more than what meets the eye. And if we can get new fans to come experience Devils hockey, even better

The boycotting the league threats were at best halfway serious and I would say over 90% of those who said they would boycott came back immediately.  I think that if the season was completely cancelled there would be more people who would have went through with their threat.  The NHL was right again and will always be right on this.  We are gluttons for punishment.

Also I just got a $38 100-level ticket for the game on Tuesday that includes a hot dog and a drink.  I also never purchase merchandise at the arena and honestly I do not know many people who actually do given their prices.  Therefore other than their share of the parking they are not making a whole lot on me and others like me.  I am not complaining as it is great on my wallet but I am not going to get carried away about this "sellout streak"

Yup, that is what this is all about. I know at HF they have a comprehensive thread where they list discounts and upcoming deals, if this becomes a thread like that then so be it.

Speaking of deals, here is how I'm getting there tomorrow:

Devils vs TB, Thursday Feb 7, 7pm @ The Rockicon1.png

www.newjerseydevils.com/youthhockey

code: devils

Upper (200) level tix, $15 each

100 level tix, $25 each

Lower level tix, $40 each

Yup, that is what this is all about. I know at HF they have a comprehensive thread where they list discounts and upcoming deals, if this becomes a thread like that then so be it.

Speaking of deals, here is how I'm getting there tomorrow:

Devils vs TB, Thursday Feb 7, 7pm @ The Rockicon1.png

www.newjerseydevils.com/youthhockey

code: devils

Upper (200) level tix, $15 each

100 level tix, $25 each

Lower level tix, $40 each

I would love a thread dedicated to discounts and deals. A lot of the games I get to have to be games where there's a deal. I try to make it to a few division games, but spending $50 just on the ticket and $80-100 on the whole night is a killer for me. If I can see the game, eat and have a few beers for $50-60, it's far more manageable for me.

Thing is, they've ALWAYS had deals for those types of games, and still never cracked 13,000 most Devil-Islander games.  To do it early in the season on a weekday is still impressive, deals or no deals.  It's like people are making up for lost time vis-a-vis going to games.

It is kinda funny how they put the 17625 number on the board a couple of times, they never did that before even in sellouts lol.

Edited by NJDevs4978

And here are two more:

Devils College Nights Tickets for 2/7 Tampa Bay and 2/12 Carolina:

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/gr...1331&group=605

You got another link for that? I think you might have been logged into your account and because of it, the link no longer works correctly. At least it didn't quite work for me and I can't find anything about it on the Devils site.

I would love a thread dedicated to discounts and deals. A lot of the games I get to have to be games where there's a deal. I try to make it to a few division games, but spending $50 just on the ticket and $80-100 on the whole night is a killer for me. If I can see the game, eat and have a few beers for $50-60, it's far more manageable for me.

There's an entire folder devoted to it, it's called the Marketplace.  Of course if it isn't in 'this' forum, most people don't know it exists :P

Thing is, they've ALWAYS had deals for those types of games, and still never cracked 13,000 most Devil-Islander games.  To do it early in the season on a weekday is still impressive, deals or no deals.  It's like people are making up for lost time vis-a-vis going to games.

It is kinda funny how they put the 17625 number on the board a couple of times, they never did that before even in sellouts lol.

They have always had deals, but never where you get lowers for $30, 100's for $20 and uppers for $10 or $15.

They have always had deals, but never where you get lowers for $30, 100's for $20 and uppers for $10 or $15.

I do wonder just how many people took advantage of those deals though, you have to be actively discount hunting on the internet and/or browse message boards to find out about Living Social.  Granted, the number of people who do both increase daily but even my friend's going to more games this year, and she used to go to like one a month - she'll be at four total in the first month of the season this year.

I do wonder just how many people took advantage of those deals though, you have to be actively discount hunting on the internet and/or browse message boards to find out about Living Social.  Granted, the number of people who do both increase daily but even my friend's going to more games this year, and she used to go to like one a month - she'll be at four total in the first month of the season this year.

Not quite sure about that.  The Living Social Deal for both the Caps and Isles game sold out within 3-4 days and each game had approx 2800-3000 tickets sold.  I also got emails about both from Living Social as well as the Groupon for next week's game today.

There's an entire folder devoted to it, it's called the Marketplace.  Of course if it isn't in 'this' forum, most people don't know it exists :P

I had no idea that there had been at least one ticket deal offered this season for almost every game. Until today, all I remember seeing mentioned on this site is a couple of Living Social Deals and maybe one other deal. For whatever reason, no one has been posting them in the Marketplace section as they had in years past.

Maybe if the ticket deal thread could remain in this section, more people would post deals. Until then, unfortunately, it sounds like HF Boards is the place to go to get the scoop. I'm not used to going there.

Is it really that hard to check marketplace if you are interested in buying or getting deals on tickets? Pin it over there and keep the hockey talk in here.

Disagree, if it's a strict ticket thread. I have no issues with it being in Hell...usually only GDT and 1 other thing pinned anyway. 

EDIT: IF, we get it to the point where the first post is all the links to the current deals somehow.

Edited by Coorslight

Disagree, if it's a strict ticket thread. I have no issues with it being in Hell...usually only GDT and 1 other thing pinned anyway. 

EDIT: IF, we get it to the point where the first post is all the links to the current deals somehow.

I've done the complete listing in the past. It is a complete pain in the ass.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.