Brodeur embarrassed himself and the franchise today

'7'

The Devils showed up.

The fans most definitely showed up. Before the game there was some concern as to what kind of Devils contingent would be there. Some would've signed up right away for 60-40 Rags and been proud of it.

Well today it was a solid 50-50 in the Rags back yard. The Devils fans were loud, proud boisterous. Shouting down Rags fans. Getting chants going, Yelling SUCKS during the Rangers stupid "roll call" The Devils fans completely controlled the energy in the building. Let's go Devils chants were everywhere

The team got off to a blistering start, controlling the puck, outmuscling the Rags. Elias looked like his old self. Jagr was dominant. Up 3-1 on the Rags with the blueshirts in an all out panic Lundqvist looking for a way out. We were poised to stomp those bastards and earn a nice big win on a huge tri state level stage

But no...the pathetic sack of crap wearing #30 would have none of it. All we needed at 3-1 was 2 softies over the rest of the game and we at least get it to OT with a point. Is that so hard?

No. He turns in the most despicable, disgraceful, all out taco bell sh!t of the bed I have ever seen. Brodeur was PATHETIC. He humiliated himself and let the team down with the most disgusting, amateurish display of goaltending anybody has ever seen.

And to top it all off after the sad loser lets another one up to make it 4-3 Rags, PDB KEEPS HIM IN

HE WAS NOT STOPPING sh!t TONIGHT. YOU HAVE TO PUT A REAL GOALIE IN AT 4-3! THAT'S STILL A GAME

but no. It would be too hurtful to his big ego to  skate off mid period and get replaced, so let's have 2 more softies to make it 6-3 and game over.

What was turning out to be a wonderful afternoon became a shameful, humiliating display as the husk of Martin Brodeur was tarred. feathered, and humiliated by the sing song chants from Rag fans

The one winter classic we'll ever get, ruined because a washed up old mans ego couldn't cede the spotlight

Brodeur certainly had a game to forget but I felt like the team embarrassed themselves as a whole. I can't put this all on Brodeur. Careless turnovers and bad positioning and they left Brodeur out to dry. I lost count of how many odd man rushes the Rangers had and they seemed to convert on almost every single one. My problem today is definitely with the team in the last 40 minutes and not Brodeur. Today was really a perfect storm of everything that could go wrong, going wrong.

• Like 1

It wasn't 50-50. I'd say 55-45. There were more Devils fans.  

To only blame Brodeur is beyond crazy. This team had all it's weaknesses and weak links exposed and they were out coached to boot. If Lamoriello couldn't see it before (or admit it) he has to now. 

It wasn't 50-50. I'd say 55-45. There were more Devils fans.  

To only blame Brodeur is beyond crazy. This team had all it's weaknesses and weak links exposed and they were out coached to boot. If Lamoriello couldn't see it before (or admit it) he has to now. 

Every one of the 6 goals should've saved. Even if a give him 3 softies we should be 3-3. He was wretched and cannot be defended

I don't know about every one of the six.

There was some awful defense today in the 2nd...but what 7 is absolutely right about is - the 2nd goal which was garbage beyond terrible awful fvcking awful I want him to retire immediately it was embarrasing - gave them a sign of life and the whole game changed from there. That's why you can't let in sh!t like that. I'm so livid at that display moreso of Marty singlehandledly giving them a sign of life today.

You couldn't have put Cory in after 4-3, I wouldn't have done that to him cold off the bench. It's too dangerous. He needed the intermission to warm up his body.

Every one of the 6 goals should've saved. Even if a give him 3 softies we should be 3-3. He was wretched and cannot be defended

I can't agree with that. It's too subjective of opinion in terms of CS stopping the bad bounces like the puck off Zidlicky's skate. FWIW.. It was 6-3, so it didn't matter with the penalty shot, but CS is still garbage one on one.

At 3-1 they looked like a team that wasn't keeping a lead. They were outskated from the first minute. Everytime the Rangers gained the neutral zone in the first, the Devils backed up. They were hurt by the speed. At times it looked like there was 6 Rangers out there, they were that much better in gaining the zone. Then after the first, the Devils were outcoached AND outplayed to boot. 

Edited by TheRedStorm

Two goals were Salvador and Gelinas making stupid defensive plays giving up odd man rushes, one was Volchenkov taking it in the ass because he was facing the wrong way, one was Volchenkov knocking Marty down, one was Fayne deflecting it through his legs, and one was a double or triple deflection nobody could have stopped.

I seriously wonder if you Brodeur haters watched the game or know anything about hockey. He could have been sharper, but his defense abandoned him.

Schneider faced 5 shots and only the penalty shot was a real scoring chance. And we know what happened there.

Tighter defense would have eliminated the scoring opportunity on 4 if not 5 of the goals Marty yielded.

Edited by mfitz804

No one said he played well. He was terrible. But over the last few years, you've blamed everything short of 9/11 on him. How you can watch a game like that and blame one guy?? That was a total team melt down. Hell, even Cory froze on the one goal against. Only Patty, Jagr, and a couple of others really showed up. 

Marty had a bad game I totally agree.. And for something that he got because he's the team legend, I really expected better of him

That said, the loss is on the team.. We lose with Cory in net simply because they had too many odd man rushes.. Come on, we all knew that putting Marty in was not giving us the very best chance to win.. We gambled with the sentimental move and it burned us but still can't argue that Marty didn't deserve it

We got the early lead and when the Rags began to make it a fasted paced game, their type of game, we tried to match it rather than frustrating them with ours

I'm just glad Cory didn't pull something during the 3rd period. I can't believe he was put in after sitting in that cold weather for two periods.

But yeah, silver lining is definitely that Cory is now questionably the #1 goalie for this team.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'm just glad Cory didn't pull something during the 3rd period. I can't believe he was put in after sitting in that cold weather for two periods.

But yeah, silver lining is definitely that Cory is now unquestionably the #1 goalie for this team.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Fixed

Both Brodeur and Lou have been living off past glory and it's time for both to walk off into the sunset (even forcibly if needed by the management/ownership).  As soon as they announced Brodeur was the starter, I knew we would lose and I kept being convinced despite having the lead (in fact I called it to three of my friends watching the game that we would blow the lead and be down by at least two goals into the third).  He looked so out-classed and confused on the ice compared to Lundqvist who had a bad 1st period but really locked it down the rest of the game and was certainly more athletic and stable in his positioning.  In fact, despite Elias and Jagr having blast-out 1st periods looked so slow and unenthused the last 30 mins of the game.

They've (Brodeur/Lou) have gotten their grace periods and then some, and in Brodeur's case he's gotten more than enough money on the back end of his career off the Devils after taking discounts during his legendary runs in the late 90s into 2000s.  I don't want to hear Brodeur talk about how he wants to play another year or how he's not done.  He's clearly done and his presence is always going to be a problem because his ego is a factor and Deboer clearly can't make the right call time and time again.

Marty had a bad game I totally agree.. And for something that he got because he's the team legend, I really expected better of him

That said, the loss is on the team.. We lose with Cory in net simply because they had too many odd man rushes.. Come on, we all knew that putting Marty in was not giving us the very best chance to win.. We gambled with the sentimental move and it burned us but still can't argue that Marty didn't deserve it

We got the early lead and when the Rags began to make it a fasted paced game, their type of game, we tried to match it rather than frustrating them with ours

This team doesn't really have an identity Colin because it really doesn't have a cast that can play a specific "game".  What is our game, really that is so different from what others do in the NHL.  This team gives up so many odd man rushes because it's so old, especially at "key" areas.  Both Zidlicky and Salvador get huge minutes and time on the PP and PK respectively.  As great as Zidlicky has been this year offensively, he's good for several odd-man rushes against every game, he has no recovery speed anymore.

Jagr and Elias really worry me down the stretch this year.  This team relies far too hard on them in minutes and production.  Even guys like Zubrus and Ryder looked slower than usual on their skates today.

A team with this much age, inferior talent on the forwards corps and an aging defenseman as captain who get treated with kid gloves while your prized young defenseman is marooned in the AHL is never going to perform consistently or be able to play a full game/hold leads.

C'mon now, whats with your agenda against Brodeur? Every time Brodeur doesn't perform you're ready for him to retire. He had a bad game, we know it, he knows it and the Rangers fvcking know it. It happens, Cory was just as liable to give up five goals. Does it suck? Yeah, but at the end of the day it was just two points in the regular season, and hopefully it will make PDB that Schneider is the obvious choice.