Janssen on waivers

SterioDesign

You do know it's Zach Boychuk who is on waivers, right? He has 7 goals in 70+ NHL games.

Still an upgrade over Janssen.

Boychuk is still young and a former 1st round pick

Lou LOVES ex 1st round fallen out of favor elsewhere reclamation projects

Holik, Rupp, Turner Stevenson, Tverdovsky, Zyuzin, Grant Marshall etc.

Not all work out, but he will always be looking to give guys with potential fresh starts in NJ

Edited by '7'

Barch beat out Cam for the Goon spot. Cam will go down to the AHL and be ready for the callup once Barch gets a cuncussion/broken hand. We were all crying about having 2 goons, but I think it's pretty clear now that these first 5 games were used as a pre-season competition period for who would stay up with the big club. Good job by Barch to win the spot. The fact that Barch makes useful contact with the puck on occassion is an instant upgrade over Cam.

Still an upgrade over Janssen.

Boychuk is still young and a former 1st round pick

Lou LOVES ex 1st round fallen out of favor elsewhere reclamation projects

yeah and eventhough he's 2 years older than Josefson he has similar stats and similar excuses, he must have played with some sh!t players while he was in carolina (i assume i dont know) and he has 32 points in 37 games in the AHL this season.

would be a great pickup im sure, we have room and need to try stuff

This move has three implications, all of which are mildly interesting:

1. Matteau has made the team. Otherwise why put Janssen on waivers? You get a free roster spot that way.

2. The team likes what it's seen out of Anderson to at least keep him here until Henrique gets healthy - they could send him down to free up a spot.

3. Adam Larsson is staying on the team, come hell or high water - they're not sending him back to Albany to get a roster spot free.

Now they may do nothing with Janssen after waiving him - this is not uncommon, but at least with a 2 way contract they would get a discount with him playing in the AHL, and with Barch being capable of playing both LW and RW, they could go with him for 30 games, resting him on back to backs after a fight or the like. It implies that IF the Devils are going to make a roster move, it's going to be sending Janssen to the AHL as opposed to other things.

yeah and eventhough he's 2 years older than Josefson he has similar stats and similar excuses, he must have played with some sh!t players while he was in carolina (i assume i dont know) and he has 32 points in 37 games in the AHL this season.

would be a great pickup im sure, we have room and need to try stuff

Boychuk's problem is defense, and that his offense isn't good enough to make up for it. I doubt NJ will take him, but he's certainly more interesting than what usually gets put out there.

Edited by Triumph

This move has three implications, all of which are mildly interesting:

1. Matteau has made the team. Otherwise why put Janssen on waivers? You get a free roster spot that way.

2. The team likes what it's seen out of Anderson to at least keep him here until Henrique gets healthy - they could send him down to free up a spot.

3. Adam Larsson is staying on the team, come hell or high water - they're not sending him back to Albany to get a roster spot free.

Now they may do nothing with Janssen after waiving him - this is not uncommon, but at least with a 2 way contract they would get a discount with him playing in the AHL, and with Barch being capable of playing both LW and RW, they could go with him for 30 games, resting him on back to backs after a fight or the like. It implies that IF the Devils are going to make a roster move, it's going to be sending Janssen to the AHL as opposed to other things.

Boychuk's problem is defense, and that his offense isn't good enough to make up for it. I doubt NJ will take him, but he's certainly more interesting than what usually gets put out there.

Or we could just resume those whole point to...

1- Janssen is absolutely useless and the spot he's leaving will be fill by someone better, 100% guarantee

i still say Boychuck would be a good claim we have cap space and absolutely nothing to lose. His defence could become way better playing here.

I still can't believe Volchenkov got 3 games for that. He extended his elbow maybe a tiny inch and just grazed him. Doubt it was any intent. Boychuk more ran into him

Have you ever seen something in the history of hockey that you thought was suspension worthy? I'm asking because you never think anyone should be suspended, ever.

BTW - that was Ryan Carter punching Volchenkov after the hit, right?

I've always loved Cam's attitude and everything-it-takes approach. That kind of heart on a player with skill would be perfect. Sadly, there's just no spot for him when there are goons out there that can also play the puck. We all know Lou loves him (he was supposedly choked up when he gave him up for Salvador a few years back), but I think even Lou realizes there's no room for 2 goons on the team this year when scoring is so desperately needed.

• Like 1

Or we could just resume those whole point to...

1- Janssen is absolutely useless and the spot he's leaving will be fill by someone better, 100% guarantee

i still say Boychuck would be a good claim we have cap space and absolutely nothing to lose. His defence could become way better playing here.

Even so, the Devils didn't do this last year (knowing full well that Janssen was still awful then) and carried a bunch of garbage on their roster for weeks. They waived Boulton late in the season before rosters expanded.

Boychuk is intriguing, but I don't think NJ will claim him. I don't care about cap space - everyone has that - I care about what his role would be. Right now NJ hasn't shown a willingness to break up the Carter-Gionta-Bernier unit (except late in games). Unless they'd stick him immediately with Zajac and Kovalchuk, I don't see the spot for him. The Devils already have a similar player in Bobby Butler.

Edited by Triumph

Kind of funny that two of Boychuks top youtube highlights are him getting crushed by Devils.

1.) Elbowed by A-Train (3 game suspension)

2.) Drilled by Corrente..ahhh Corrente

https://www.youtube....h?v=5BzK6O287m4

Haha also funny that I was the 1st viewer on that second video.

Lol @ the Chico hate on that first video