2014-15 Albany Devils and ECHL Thread

thefiestygoat

couple real nice saves by kinkaid, especially the scramble on that PK. Hopefully he's fine tuning for later in the season because I don't have much faith in clemmenson.

I don't think we're going to see Clemmer much...not as a starter, anyway.  I'm guessing Kinkaid will get call-ups when the Devils need want to give Cory a night off.  At least Kinkaid is getting lots of starts for Albany.

Five back-to-backs coming in November...the next six weeks of this schedule are brutal.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

AHL 11/1
Albany lost to Bridgeport 4-1. Scoring for the Devils was Thompson on the power play from Timmins and Bernier. Wedgewood made 22 saves on 25 shots as Albany outshot Bridgeport 27-26. Bridgeport's three goal outburst occured when Burlon was in the box for a 2, 5, and 10 for taking on Gillies after he boarded McPherson. Albany went 1/6 on the PP and 5/7 on the PK. Here is the gamesheet and highlights:

ECHL 10/31
Evansville lost to Indy 4-3 (SO)
Myles Bell RW: 2 Goals (1 PP), Assist, +1, 11 Shots, Scored in SO

ECHL 11/1
Evansville defeated Indy 4-3 (OT)
Myles Bell RW: +1, 1 Shot
Season: 3 GP 2-1-3, +1, 17 Shots Edited by thefiestygoat

I wonder what the reasoning for sending Bell down was. Was it just roster space issues? I figured Bell would be in the A all year for sure. Especially after his pretty awesome overage junior year

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by RizzMB30

I wonder what the reasoning for sending Bell down was. Was it just roster space issues? I figured Bell would be in the A all year for sure. Especially after his pretty awesome overage junior year

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Part of it must be how crowded Albany's roster is and I'd bet another part is so he can play a lot more minutes then he'd get in Albany even if he was in the line up. He's still fairly new to forward so the Devils probably like him getting to play a top 6 role in the ECHL compared to a part time bottom 6 one in Albany.

Albany lost to Portland 2-1 in overtime. Whitney had the Devils goal with assists to Thompson and Timmins. Kinkaid made 21 saves on 23 shots. Harrold and Sislo lead the way with 4 shots each as the Devils outshot the Pirates 32-23. Albany went 0/7 on the PP and 3/4 on the PK. The game had a delay with 8:45 left in the first period due to damaged ice. The teams went off for an intermission then, came back and played the remainder of the first period before taking a two minute break before the starting the second period. Here is the gamesheet and highlights:

Notes:

-- Despite slipping up lately, Albany has taken 14 of a possible 18 points to start the year.

-- Kinkaid has a .931 SV% in 6 games.

-- Thompson and Timmins each have 11 points in 9 games. Their linemate, Whitney, has 9 points in 9 games.

AHL
Albany lost to Hartford 3-1. Thompson had the lone Devils goal with assist going to Kelly and Hrabarenka. Clemmensen made 16 saves on 19 shots in his debut. Boucher and Sislo had 5 shots each as the Devils outshot Hartford 31-19. Albany went 0/4 on the PP and 2/4 on the PK. Here is the gamesheet.

Notes:
-- Paul Thompson's 9 goals league the lead.
-- Scott Timmins had his 9 game point streak snapped.
-- Raman Hrabarenka: 9 GP 3-6-9, +10, 7 PIM, 17 Shots

ECHL
Evansville lost to Elmira 3-2
Myles Bell RW: Goal, +1, 3 Shots
Season: 4 GP 3-1-4, +2, 20 Shots

AHL

Albany lost to Hartford 3-1. Thompson had the lone Devils goal with assist going to Kelly and Hrabarenka. Clemmensen made 16 saves on 19 shots in his debut. Boucher and Sislo had 5 shots each as the Devils outshot Hartford 31-19. Albany went 0/4 on the PP and 2/4 on the PK. Here is the gamesheet.

Notes:

-- Paul Thompson's 9 goals league the lead.

-- Scott Timmins had his 9 game point streak snapped.

-- Raman Hrabarenka: 9 GP 3-6-9, +10, 7 PIM, 17 Shots

ECHL

Evansville lost to Elmira 3-2

Myles Bell RW: Goal, +1, 3 Shots

Season: 4 GP 3-1-4, +2, 20 Shots

What's missing from Hrabarenka's game that no one seems to be talking about him as a legitimate NHL player?  He was pretty close to a .5 a point game player last year as a 21 year old. 

Also, does anyone see Myles Bell going to Albany this year, or does this have something to do with his weird contract status, which I still can't find a clear answer on.  It's interesting in that his point totals in junior compare pretty well to Tanner Pearson, who I didn't realize was a two year overager when he was drafted by LA. 

Bell will be in Albany at some point this year if there are injuries.  He is signed to an AHL deal.  This preserves his waiver ineligibility for another year if the Devils sign him to an ELC next year.

People don't talk about Hraberenka because he's undrafted, but I also think he is running spectacularly hot.  He may end up being a good player, but it's still only a 50 game stretch.  Lou did mention him as someone on his radar when he was talking about the minors.

AHL 11/8
Albany lost to Bridgeport 7-2. Harrold and McKelvie had the goals for the Devils with the assists going to Hrabarenka, Timmins, and Helgeson. Wedgewood started the game and stopped just 8 of 12 shots in 28:13. Clemmensen made 15 saves on 18 shots in 31:34. Albany outshot Bridgeport 36-30 but went 1/8 on the PP and 2/8 on the PK. Here is the gamesheet.

Notes:
-- Scott Timmins: 11 GP 4-8-12, +9, 0 PIM, 28 Shots
-- Raman Hrabarenka: 10 GP 3-7-10, +10, 7 PIM, 20 Shots and is 4th in AHL D Scoring

ECHL 11/7
Evansville defeated Wheeling 6-3
Myles Bell RW: 3 Goals, +2, 5 Shots* 1st Star

ECHL 11/8
Evansville lost to Toledo 5-0
Myles Bell RW: -1, 1 Shot
Season: 6 GP 6-1-7, +3, 26 Shots

Orlando lost to Greenville 6-3
Maxime Clermont G: 25 Saves on 30 Shots (Season Debut)

AHL
Albany suffered a 4-3 shootout loss to Bridgeport. Black led the way with a goal and an assist as Sislo and Sestito added in the other goals. Matteau had two assists and Whitney, Timmins, and Hrabarenka added an assist each. Clemmensen made 31 saves on 34 shots as well as 3 stops on 5 shootout attempts. Albany outshot Bridgeport 39-34 and went 3/6 on the PP and 4/5 on the PK. Here is the gamesheet. (Bridgeport usually takes a day before they post highlights on YouTube)

Notes:
-- Albany now has a 101.65% PDO (all situations) thru 12 games. It was as high as 109.12% thru 5 games and 105.96% thru 9 games. Small sample size but the loss of Kinkaid and no longer shooting 15-25% a game will do that.
-- Albany's PP is 20.34% and their PK is 74.19%. Their PK was 81.63% before this weekend.

-- No idea why Boucher didn't play, maybe they just gave him a day off.

Stats:
-- Sislo has 6 goals on 33 shots in 11 games.
-- Matteau has a goal and 5 assists in 8 games.
-- Black has 3 goals and an assist in 7 games.
-- Timmins has 4 goals and 8 assists in 12 games.
-- Hrabarenka has 3 goals and 8 assists in 11 games.

ECHL
Orlando lost to Greenville 2-1
Maxime Clermont G: DNP

Well, I didn't think it would be an injury to Boucher that kept him out, fiesty - the Devils play 2 games in the next 2 days and I thought keeping him out would keep him available for callup if they wake up tomorrow and see that Cammalleri and Havlat can't go, they can call him up from Albany, since it's only a short-ish drive from Boston.  Right now they only have 11 definitely healthy forwards on the roster.

Edited by Triumph

AHL 11/12
Albany had a shootout loss to Syracuse 3-2. Timmins scored the first Albany goal with the assist going to Thompson. Sestito had the other goal set up by Scarlett. Wedgewood made 23 saves on 25 shots as well as stopping 1 of 3 shootout attempts. Thompson had the lone Devils goal in the shootout as Sislo and Boucher were stopped. Scarlett had a game high 4 shots as the Devils were outshot 25-22. The Devils PP was 0/4 but the PK was 7/7. Here is the gamesheet and highlights:

Notes:
-- Timmins and Thompson both have 13 points in 13 games.
-- Scarlett has an assist and 11 shots in 4 games.
-- Wedgewood has an .888 SV% in 5 games.

ECHL 11/11
Evansville lost to Orlando 5-4
Myles Bell RW: Goal, E, 5 Shots
Season: 7 GP 7-1-8, +3, 31 Shots

Maxime Clermont G: 26 Saves on 30 Shots

ECHL 11/13
Orlando defeated Cincinnati 4-3
Maxime Clermont G: 31 Saves on 34 Shots
Season: 3 GP 2-1, 4.03 GAA, .872 SV%

I mean, I don't think Albany is that good, although if Timmins has developed into a legitimate 1st line AHL center then perhaps they're decent - even so, they're losing a lot of one goal games here, so it's not like they are being blown out.  They were always going to come back to Earth, it was just a question of when.

AHL
Albany shutout Portland 4-0. Sestito led the way for the Devils with a goal and 2 assists. Whitney, Boucher, and Fraser added the other goals. Sislo picked up 2 assists and Thompson and Timmins added an assist each. Clemmensen stopped all 31 shots he faced as the Devils outshot the Pirates 36-31. Albany went 0/7 on the PP and 7/7 on the PK. Here is the gamesheet.

Notes:
-- Albany's top line continues to produce: Whitney has 12 points while Timmins and Thompson have 14 points in 14 games.
-- Boucher has 2 goals, 3 assists, and 30 shots in 10 games.
-- Sislo has 6 goals, 2 assists, and 36 shots in 13 games.
-- Sestito has 4 goals and 6 assists in 14 games.

ECHL
Evansville lost to Elmira 4-2

Orlando defeated Wheeling 6-3

AHL

Albany shutout Portland 4-0. Sestito led the way for the Devils with a goal and 2 assists. Whitney, Boucher, and Fraser added the other goals. Sislo picked up 2 assists and Thompson and Timmins added an assist each. Clemmensen stopped all 31 shots he faced as the Devils outshot the Pirates 36-31. Albany went 0/7 on the PP and 7/7 on the PK. Here is the gamesheet.

Notes:

-- Albany's top line continues to produce: Whitney has 12 points while Timmins and Thompson have 14 points in 14 games.

-- Boucher has 2 goals, 3 assists, and 30 shots in 10 games.

-- Sislo has 6 goals, 2 assists, and 36 shots in 13 games.

-- Sestito has 4 goals and 6 assists in 14 games.

ECHL

Evansville lost to Elmira 4-2

Orlando defeated Wheeling 6-3

Boucher's offensive production has been disappointing so far, but it's good to see that he's getting shots on net at least. He's doing so to the tune of 3/GP, which I imagine is a quite respectable rate.

Edited by ATLL765