Brodeur out day to day with “non-operable sprain” of right knee, w

Quinn01

"Updating an earlier report, the injury to Martin Brodeur's knee isn't actually a knee bruise.

Brodeur described the injury as a "tweak", although he did state that he didn't feel it was major. "I just kind of tweaked my knee when my leg got caught up under me there in the first," Brodeur said. "When I got up I kind of felt a little twinge under my knee." We'll provide further updates as information is disseminated."

-Bergen Record

Martin Brodeur (knee) didn't participate in the Devils' optional skate on Monday.

-NJ Online

"“I stayed for the last three minutes and when I looked at it I just want to make sure it’s not that bad,” he said..“So, tomorrow we’ll see how it feels and we’ll go from there. I don’t know what I’m going to have to go through, but I don’t think it’s something that’s major at all.”"

-Fire&Ice

When watching him pull his knee out and then stagger to get to his feet, it looked more then just a bruise. I figured he would be out for another week if not more.

Per TG-Devils G Martin Brodeur is having an MRI on his right knee today and will be examined by team doctors.

Devils G Martin Brodeur is having an MRI on his right knee today and will be examined by team doctors.

— Tom Gulitti (@TGfireandice)

February 7, 2011

Time to tank the season. I felt this way a month ago and strongly feel it now. Bring up the youngsters, give them full icetime. Sell off what you can. The draft has a great scorer and a great dman at the top. We should ensure that this franchise gets 1 of them and starts to restock the farm system with more depth.

• Like 1

Time to tank the season because Marty might miss a game or two. Seriously guy, piss off. We have a good backup goalie that can handle the job, especially with how we are playing.

This. I just want to see the Devils continue to play meaningful and good hockey for the rest of the season.

Time to tank the season. I felt this way a month ago and strongly feel it now. Bring up the youngsters, give them full icetime. Sell off what you can. The draft has a great scorer and a great dman at the top. We should ensure that this franchise gets 1 of them and starts to restock the farm system with more depth.

Go away.

• Like 2

we are talking about the 2011 draft right