Food around the Rock

Reverend_Hellh0und

So far, the only places that I have visited are Arena Lounge, the Spot and Scullys. Anyone know of any other good places to eat before the game?

Hell's Kitchen has very good food at a great price. Plus it has plenty of Devils fans before games. I almost always go there when I have the time.

I've been meaning to try a lot of the other places mentioned, but I've only tried BCB&G, Scully's, Fernandes and a quick drink at the Spot and Stadium Cafe.

Hell's Kitchen has very good food at a great price. Plus it has plenty of Devils fans before games. I almost always go there when I have the time.

I've been meaning to try a lot of the other places mentioned, but I've only tried BCB&G, Scully's, Fernandes and a quick drink at the Spot and Stadium Cafe.

I've heard Hell's Kitchen is always packed before a game.. that true?

I had to drop off paperwork at city hall the other day and I actually saw a place called Kimora Lounge that looks like they have been trying to get opened for a while. Don't know if it will ever happen but it was cool to see. I also got a shot of the Uber Burger and they said they would be opened next week.

Edited by newarkdev01

I had to drop off paperwork at city hall the other day and I actually saw a place called Kimora Lounge that looks like they have been trying to get opened for a while. Don't know if it will ever happen but it was cool to see.

Where is it?

I also got a shot of the Uber Burger and they said they would be opened next week.

Awesome! Can't wait to check it out.

I've heard Hell's Kitchen is always packed before a game.. that true?

I only go to a few games a year, so I'm not the best judge of that. But most of the games I do go to are the big-name ones -- Rangers, Flyers, Pens, St. Patty's Day, etc. -- and Hell's Kitchen is usually filled. But I've always gotten a table, and the staff makes a great effort to get you your food and drinks in a very timely manner, knowing that you don't want to be late to the game. I've never had a bad experience there.

Rock,

Kimora Lounge is between Lafayette and Green st. I thought it was funny that they labeled it Kimora lounge llc. The uber burger actually shares the space with brick city coffee co which I thought was odd (no partition it's almost like one space) ...along with the fact that they didn't seem to have beer (sort of depressing). I have two cruddy pictures of it but i twas interesting.

Block posed this over on wired...

Uber Burger, an upscale and fun burger restaurant located adjacent to the Prudential Center is opening November 2010. We are seeking experienced, friendly, and high energy people to fill the following positions: Assistant Manager, Lead cook, Grill Cooks, Prep cooks, Cashiers, Service attendants, Counter attendants, and Bartender. We offer – A fun work environment, Competitive pay, Flexible schedules, Full-time and part-time work. APPLY IN PERSON AT BRICK CITY COFFEE COMPANY (11 Lafayette St. Newark, NJ 07102) on the following dates: Thursday, October 21 9am – 6pm and Friday, October 22 12pm – 6pm

http://jobs.nj.com/careers/jobsearch...jobId=31345900

So it looks like they did get a liquor license.

Rock,

Kimora Lounge is between Lafayette and Green st. I thought it was funny that they labeled it Kimora lounge llc. The uber burger actually shares the space with brick city coffee co which I thought was odd (no partition it's almost like one space) ...along with the fact that they didn't seem to have beer (sort of depressing). I have two cruddy pictures of it but i twas interesting.

Wow thats strange that its one space. Thanks nd1

So i just got another juicy tidbit that I have to delay on leaking but...there is a rather well known BBQ chain that's looking to move within a block from the arena. I don't know how far along the talks are but I'm very psyched about this one. I also noticed the liquor license transfer application for John's pizza place as well as the new place on Edison :cheers:

So i just got another juicy tidbit that I have to delay on leaking but...there is a rather well known BBQ chain that's looking to move within a block from the arena. I don't know how far along the talks are but I'm very psyched about this one. I also noticed the liquor license transfer application for John's pizza place as well as the new place on Edison :cheers:

Famous Dave's?

Famous Dave's?

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

A small live music venue/restaurant or a comedy club would be cool as well. As would a Lucky Strike or a Famous Dave's BBQ Blues Club

The area needs more entertainment options that would get people to come downtown. A Paramount Theater restoration would be an amazing addition as well.

I totally called it haha

Theres a pizza place opening on Mulberry street across in the area across from the post office..... Not sure the name or when it opens.

http://www.johnspizzerianyc.com/index2.htm

This is the pizzeria opening up and they will have an outdoor cafe area as well so I'm excited to see how it looks.

ah and too answer the other question, the bbq joint is not famous dave's.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.johnspizzerianyc.com/index2.htm

This is the pizzeria opening up and they will have an outdoor cafe area as well so I'm excited to see how it looks.

ah and too answer the other question, the bbq joint is not famous dave's.

Where exactly is John's going? Street level at the Gateway Center on Mulberry? I wish that place would just open already. I walked through the Gateway last night and other than one sign along a corridor, there's no sign of any work even being done.

If not Famous Daves, and no offense, thank God, that leaves what, Damons, Tony Roma's, Dinosaur, Red, Hot & Blue, and ???

I really hope that bbq place comes through, but we've been teased by this kind of thing before, both inside and outside the arena, and if it's just in the talks stage, it could be years in Newark time before it's a reality.

• 4 weeks later...

Looking for a dive to go get tanked in before the game today, any suggestions?

The Arena Lounge is a good Dive. Brick City is also decent but thats a little more exensive. Its right next to the arena so you dont have very far to go.

The AL has specials for game days for the Devils and you get 15% off your tab if you show them your ticket.

Edited by Quinn01

Looking for a dive to go get tanked in before the game today, any suggestions?

The best dive-like bar closed down last year, unfortunately.

Brick City isn't dive-y to me, it has a modern feel and is usually packed in pretty tight. It's a good place, a little on the expensive side, but it packs people in due to quality.

A place that might still be busy but will feel more dive-y might be Port 44, it's about 2.5 blocks away. They do their own microbrews there and it's a traditional wooden tables and bar place.

The Arena Lounge is a good Dive. Brick City is also decent but thats a little more exensive. Its right next to the arena so you dont have very far to go.

The AL has specials for game days for the Devils and you get 15% off your tab if you show them your ticket.

Ive been to Brick City plenty of times, thats likely my target, was hoping for something a little more off the beaten path.

Havent been to the AL yet, so I may hit that up. Thanks guys. The 3-9 Happy hour sounds like a great idea lol.

The best dive-like bar closed down last year, unfortunately.

Brick City isn't dive-y to me, it has a modern feel and is usually packed in pretty tight. It's a good place, a little on the expensive side, but it packs people in due to quality.

A place that might still be busy but will feel more dive-y might be Port 44, it's about 2.5 blocks away. They do their own microbrews there and it's a traditional wooden tables and bar place.

Heard of Port 44 as well. Ill put it on the list.

Im just tired of Brick City really. Ive not ventured away from The Rock much, but Im trying to be more adventurous.