2010 New York Red Bulls PLAYOFFS! GAME TONIGHT 11/4

Satans Hockey

Looks like it's official.

http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/news/_/id/5378712/french-striker-thierry-henry-signs-deal-new-york-red-bulls

Looks like I finally have the desire to watch soccer. Any tips for those who have gone to the new stadium? Preferable sections to sit in, places to go before and after, etc. It looks like I'll probably be trying to get tickets for the 8/28 game against San Jose. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Stand in section 101 with the supporters, they sing and have the most fun in the stadium. Check out El Pastors right on market street as well. Great local food for a decent price.

Also it is official...

http://www.newyorkredbulls.com/news/2010/07/new-york-red-bulls-sign-international-star-thierry-henry

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stand in section 101 with the supporters, they sing and have the most fun in the stadium. Check out El Pastors right on market street as well. Great local food for a decent price.

Also it is official...

http://www.newyorkredbulls.com/news/2010/07/new-york-red-bulls-sign-international-star-thierry-henry

Thanks for the tips. The website labels the supporters section as "standing and singing." Is it standing room only? Depending on whether or not my folks or my girlfriend's folks tag along, actual seats may be necessary.

Preferable sections to sit in

Sorry I didn't see that before I posted, I haven't actually sat in any other section then standing in 101 but what I've heard from other people is that almost anything downstairs is a good seat. I haven't talked to anyone who has sat upstairs but I'm sure the view is great as well.

Thanks for the tips. The website labels the supporters section as "standing and singing." Is it standing room only? Depending on whether or not my folks or my girlfriend's folks tag along, actual seats may be necessary.

There are seats but everyone stands, if you need actual seats then it's not the place to sit. I'd give any other normal section in the stadium a try, it should be a great view.

Sorry I didn't see that before I posted, I haven't actually sat in any other section then standing in 101 but what I've heard from other people is that almost anything downstairs is a good seat. I haven't talked to anyone who has sat upstairs but I'm sure the view is great as well.

There are seats but everyone stands, if you need actual seats then it's not the place to sit. I'd give any other normal section in the stadium a try, it should be a great view.

Thanks for the tips, I really appreciate it!

I've sat upstairs 3 times, the view is good, no complaints. The venue is fantastic & it holds sound very well to the point where even a smaller weeknight crowd sounds loud.

I have not attempted to explore the Harrison area yet. Once I walked from Newark Penn Station (15 min), and the other times I parked in Newark and took the Path.

Personally have never been a huge fan on Henry, but now that he is here will hope for the best. If nothing else I think its a better fit for the league than the original DP.

Just got back from RedBull-Tottenham game. My first pro soccer game. Overall a fun night, and a very entertaining game. The stadium was overall very nice (but the Rock is better :evil: ) The crowd went crazy when Henry scored. Too bad they ended up losing 2-1.

Just got back from RedBull-Tottenham game. My first pro soccer game. Overall a fun night, and a very entertaining game. The stadium was overall very nice (but the Rock is better :evil: ) The crowd went crazy when Henry scored. Too bad they ended up losing 2-1.

Just a note, that was our backup keeper in the 2nd half and he made mistakes on both of those goals. Awesome that you enjoyed the game, hopefully these people who are going to games to check it out for the first time keep coming back.

Just a note, that was our backup keeper in the 2nd half and he made mistakes on both of those goals. Awesome that you enjoyed the game, hopefully these people who are going to games to check it out for the first time keep coming back.

Yea I noticed that they pulled Coundoul in the second half. (I've watched quite a few RedBull games on TV.)

A couple things I was disappointed with about the stadium. The parking lot that we parked in (seemed like the main lot) was a good hike away from the stadium. (If you guys know of somewhere closer, I would appreciate the info, should I go to another game.) The other is that the food was pretty bad, plus they had run out a few things by time I got there. I'm hoping that those are just first-year bugs, that they fix sooner rather than later.

Other than that, It was great. The atmosphere was awesome, despite the fact that I was practically sitting in Hotspur central. I would definitely go back.

Yea I noticed that they pulled Coundoul in the second half. (I've watched quite a few RedBull games on TV.)

A couple things I was disappointed with about the stadium. The parking lot that we parked in (seemed like the main lot) was a good hike away from the stadium. (If you guys know of somewhere closer, I would appreciate the info, should I go to another game.) The other is that the food was pretty bad, plus they had run out a few things by time I got there. I'm hoping that those are just first-year bugs, that they fix sooner rather than later.

Other than that, It was great. The atmosphere was awesome, despite the fact that I was practically sitting in Hotspur central. I would definitely go back.

I agree the parking situation is not good -wait til the weather turns or the cold starts, I parked in the deck. The food was good I thought -- we had the outside portuguese yummies.

Red Bulls sign Rafael Marquez

I admit that I don't know two $hits about soccer, so would someone care to enlighten me on who this is?

Just a serviceable mexican defenseman who is on the downside of his career. He is a pretty dirty player when it comes to playing vs the national us squad, he should put fannies in the seats. He's played for Barcelona for a while and has reaped the benefits of winning everything with them.

Just a serviceable mexican defenseman who is on the downside of his career. He is a pretty dirty player when it comes to playing vs the national us squad, he should put fannies in the seats. He's played for Barcelona for a while and has reaped the benefits of winning everything with them.

Sounds like a great addition

He is a great addition. He is going to drive the other teams in this league crazy. I can't wait for tomorrow when we final get to see a league game again. I'm sick of all these friendlies and all star game nonsense. We should be able to take 3 points from Houston, a team that has struggled this season.

I wonder if European soccer fans look at MLS the same way we look at the KHL.

I think you have to look at the big picture to do this. If anything, they are more SCARED (shocking, I know) of the MLS. You look at every other pro league here, its the top in the world. Quick, who won russia's 4 major sports league last year? I don't know either. Seeing how he are number one in every other sport, I think outsiders fear us from catching on and becoming a force. As long as we aren't, we will get ridiculed for not being on par with the top soccer nations.

Had plans on going to the game this Saturday but not going to happen, I'll probably check out game towards the end of the season, living a few blocks away from the place makes it easy.