NJDevs '13-14 FHL (Fantasy Hockey) is ready to go!

NJDevs4978

For the second year in a row, the Sworn Defenders have elected to forfeit their 1st overall pick and move back...     as a winners perk, we can select our spot in the draft, and this year, we have selected slot #6.

Let's have an active and great season  all!

Don't forget you can only play 82 games per slot.  Someone always forgets.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Complete draft order is up (remember it snakes, so top pick of the first round is top pick for all odd # rounds, and bottom pick for even # rounds, so on after that), and draft is tonight obviously (8 PM):

http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/2013/hockey/34713/draftresults

Edited by NJDevs4978

Fantasy rookie here, forgive me.  What exactly does this mean/require?  So I should only play a couple players each day?

And scores are tabulated daily, and not weekly, correct?

Correct; in this league we don't play each other weekly, but more compare stats throughout the season.

If your team has the most goals total, you will receive 20pts for that category.  If you have the least, you will have 1 point.

If you wanted to, you could load up and play every position, every day...   but you'll finish the game with a month+ to go; so everyone else would catch up to you.   The best strategy is to set your best players and adjust as needed for injury, etc.    You can also cherry pick matchups and streaks for your depth players...   but I wouldn't bench Sidney Crosby for Adam Henrique, etc unless he is injured...   You want to get the most production from each game played :)

lol ayl must have been listening to me during the draft when I said I figured one of the Philly goalies would have a good year, just impossible to tell which one it would be so he drafted both :P  More than likely he's only spotting them in for Rask anyway.

I like my team, I know I jumped on Khabi a bit early as my caddy but after the goalies started flying off the board I didn't trust someone not to pick him...but it's on me to figure out who's playing when and get all I can out of the defending Cup Champs duo ;)

As far as my skaters, I do like picking solid guys early and taking the young player chances late and the draft more or less worked out that way.

Edited by NJDevs4978

lol ayl must have been listening to me during the draft when I said I figured one of the Philly goalies would have a good year, just impossible to tell which one it would be so he drafted both :P  More than likely he's only spotting them in for Rask anyway.

I like my team, I know I jumped on Khabi a bit early as my caddy but after the goalies started flying off the board I didn't trust someone not to pick him...but it's on me to figure out who's playing when and get all I can out of the defending Cup Champs duo ;)

As far as my skaters, I do like picking solid guys early and taking the young player chances late and the draft more or less worked out that way.

I saw it; but that was already my plan anyways.    I like Philly to do well; so if one starts to shine, I'll ship him out to someone needing a goalie.   I figured Emery was the one to get, so drafted him first... then grabbed Mason later.  Any team relying on Mason is doomed though.

Every year I wind up drafting the older injury players it seems  (my value meter just goes off); I always miss drafting on the younger guys (hype meter tells me to stay away)...  but tend to do well on waivers with them (trend watching).

This year, I'm really hoping Tyler Myers turns it around.  But I don't ~need~ him too...   but he's still very young.  A new coach, and Hank coming back; it was a worthwhile gamble.

How the hell did I manage to lose 50 points over 10 days?! :lol:

I feel like I'm probably doing something wrong, but..oh well.

Thats the beauty of the 1st month of the season, crazy swings!

BTW, i cursd myself for picking a ranger, and Stephan had screwed for the 1st few weeks of the season, i have to imagine i passed up on some really good options...

My team has been snake bitten to start the year...  fortunately Rask is proving to be a worthy 1st round pick; and much better than Lundqvist so far this year (but he starts off slow every year).     Seeing a healthy Crosby though... arg.  

I'm in first with getting nothing from my Utilty position (Desharnais) or my fourth D (Fowler).  I'll just plug in Chaisson and Murphy and hopefully be able to stay lazy with my lineup for a while aside from checking goalies and making sure nobody gets hurt.

Seems like this year more than ever you really needed a good draft.  With 20 teams, there's next to bupkus on the wire.

My team has been snake bitten to start the year...  fortunately Rask is proving to be a worthy 1st round pick; and much better than Lundqvist so far this year (but he starts off slow every year).     Seeing a healthy Crosby though... arg.  

Healthy Crosby being the key word lol...but yeah, I was kinda surprised you didn't at least go top four to get one of the big four skaters (Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin, Stamkos).  I know Lundqvist was your target, and I figured Rask would go before him but you never know with these drafts, especially if autopick comes up.  At least I don't have egg on my face with Ovechkin over the other two yet, although the -5 is eh, I never seem to have a good +/- anyway.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I'm in first with getting nothing from my Utilty position (Desharnais) or my fourth D (Fowler).  I'll just plug in Chaisson and Murphy and hopefully be able to stay lazy with my lineup for a while aside from checking goalies and making sure nobody gets hurt.

Seems like this year more than ever you really needed a good draft.  With 20 teams, there's next to bupkus on the wire.

Healthy Crosby being the key word lol...but yeah, I was kinda surprised you didn't at least go top four to get one of the big four skaters (Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin, Stamkos).  I know Lundqvist was your target, and I figured Rask would go before him but you never know with these drafts, especially if autopick comes up.  At least I don't have egg on my face with Ovechkin over the other two yet, although the -5 is eh, I never seem to have a good +/- anyway.

That was my delay in picking my spot;  I was debating between #1 (Crosby), #5 (I throw Tavares in there when I'm thinking top forwards and would take the 'leftover');  or  #6 and grab Lundqvist.   When Lundqvist went five; I took the clock to zero debating Tavares vs Rask.

In hindsight; if I knew how the draft would go beforehand;  I think I pick Tavares at #6 and take Crawford at #15  (who was still available at #19).      

Rask (5-2-0, 1.29gaa, .954, 1SHO) / Kopitar  (0g, 8a, +1)

Crawford (4-1-2, 2.07gaa, .922 / Tavares (4g,6a +1);  

They are both good pairs; but I'd prefer the second pairing I think for the goal scoring from Tavares.    

Then again, Rask has been unbelievably good to start.   

lol I would have been so ticked off if you had done that and got Crawford in front of me.  I'm surprised he did fall that far though, I don't know what I would have done at goalie if he was taken - maybe reach for Luongo who I figured would have a bounceback year. Luongo wouldn't have lasted back to me after my third-rounder anyway, so it wouldn't have been that much of a reach to take him over guys like the always iffy (but good for wins) Fleury, Backstrom, Smith, Holtby and even Cory.

Edited by NJDevs4978