Michael Ryder signs with the Devils - 2 years 7M/$3.5 per.

ghdi

You've got guys like Elias, Zubrus, Zajac, and even Loktionov to do the heavy lifting for the scoring players.  Ryder signed for less than Briere and is probably a better fit and a better player.  Great signing.

+1

When the reports were out that Devils offered more term and dollars, I was scared. Figured he'd get upwards of 4x4.

as a huge Habs hater Boston has always been my 2nd fav team kinda and this is definitely one of my many fav Bruins-Habs moment and it was all Ryder.

That's awesome.  For not being known for his defensive game, that's a great clip to see.  That's compete level.  I like it.

You've got guys like Elias, Zubrus, Zajac, and even Loktionov to do the heavy lifting for the scoring players.  Ryder signed for less than Briere and is probably a better fit and a better player.  Great signing.

im not 100% sure of that. If Ryder would be better than Danny, why did Bergevin didnt even try to keep him, let him walk and then sign Brière ?

im not 100% sure of that. If Ryder would be better than Danny, why did Bergevin didnt even try to keep him, let him walk and then sign Brière ?

Maybe Ryder didn't want to be in Montreal, and Bergevin couldn't help himself when he had a chance to add to the itty bitty forward committee. 

Maybe Ryder didn't want to be in Montreal, and Bergevin couldn't help himself when he had a chance to add to the itty bitty forward committee.

Briere is also French Canadian, and we know how much Habs fans are suckers for wanting players/coaches from Quebec

At first blush, I thought this was a curious signing.   Ryder wasn't even on my radar, but after reading more about him and remembering his contributions during the Bruins SC, I remember how good he was.

My opinion has shifted.  This is a typical Lou "under the radar" type of move that could be huge.   I like our team right now. 

I think this is definitely our best signing of the day by far. Ryder will be a really nice piece on this team. Leadership and experience with the ability to actually score some goals. Wouldn't count on him being more than 25 goal guy but will make teams keep an eye on him letting his linemates develop more chances as well. Nice 2 year deal for ok money. I'll take this over the over reaction over pay Clowe signing. I think Clowe will work well for us, just wish it was for less time and money.

• Like 1

I'm very pleased with the addition as he's a shooter and has been pretty consistent now in terms of production for several years.  Term and AAV are also very acceptable.

He probably needs to be on a line with a Clowe or Zubrus who will battle for pucks and use the body.  Ryder isn't particularly fast or a great skater, but he seems to always get in position for a shot. 

It also sounds like he may have had a few other initial offers with a bit more (ie, 3 yrs, or a 4m per average) before deciding between the Devils and Bruins.

Because Bergevin isn't very smart?  He's had a pretty bad off-season so far.

i really wouldnt say that. I hate montreal but Bergevin did a great job so far for a rookie GM. MTL have a pretty young team and they have lots of great talent coming their way in the next few years. Great depth on forwards

i really wouldnt say that. I hate montreal but Bergevin did a great job so far for a rookie GM. MTL have a pretty young team and they have lots of great talent coming their way in the next few years. Great depth on forwards

Bergevin didn't really acquire any of that talent except Galchenyuk, the rest was already there and he botched the Subban signing last year immensely and is going after guys like Parros after he gave Prust big money last year.