Retro Night Game Puck

BCdevil

Thanks to a miscommunication, I ended up with 2 extra Retro Night Game Pucks. I figured that I would put at least the first one on eBay to help offset the cost of all of the red/green merchandise that I bought. Depending upon how the first auction goes, I may sell the other one. Here's the link. Thanks for looking.

Edit: Also worth noting is that the puck is in mint condition. The dust and specks in the picture came from the scanner glass, not the puck itself.

img322.jpg

Edited by BCdevil

Were these sold at the souvenir stands? Im gonna kick myself for not looking :(

Yeah. $15. They were the same as a regular offical puck with the exception of the date below the Devils logo.

Edited by mac760

Were these sold at the souvenir stands? Im gonna kick myself for not looking :(

Yeah. I went to a stand on the upper level for something else and saw a sign for these but the stand was sold out, as were 2 others on my way out. I told my brother to keep an eye out for them and get 2 if he saw them. He managed to snag 2 but never told me so I picked up 2 in the Den on the way out. There were some (less than 10) left out on the counter of the Den when I bought mine. I would think that these would have sold like hotcakes if they bothered to put them on the video board.

Edited by BCdevil

I'm keeping an eye on the bidding :evil:

I was sitting looking at it last night and I was like, hmm this looks insanely weird thinking maybe it was French, but then realized they spelled it wrong altogether. It's hilarious.

i put a bid on the puck. im kind of mad haha i was in the Devils Den last night and I didn't even see these. or I would have grabbed one. damn

I'm keeping an eye on the bidding :evil:

oh so your one of those sniper ppl. who just watch something til its about to end and then bid on it in the last cpl of seconds to steal it from ppl....

Edited by Demonic26

oh so your one of those sniper ppl. who just watch something til its about to end and then bid on it in the last cpl of seconds to steal it from ppl....

Thats how you use ebay. If its not buy it now and you dont snipe it you dont win.

We got two of those for free as compensation for how badly they messed up my jersey order.

The manager of the Devils Den ended up personally walking Jamie's jersey, two of these game pucks, and two pins over to the bar that we were at because she felt so bad. This was at 5:30 Wednesday right before the game.

One of the many things I'm very mad at the Devils for right now. It's almost not worth dealing with them anymore.

no bid high enough and it wont happen to you. thats the dirtbag way to do it

No, that's the smart way to do it. Bidding early serves no purpose. It does nothing other than drive up the price of the auction overall, and if you do end up holding on and winning, you're likely paying more than you would if you had waited until the end.

Let's say you're willing to pay $50 for an item. Why bid early and show your hand? Why bid $50 and hope it lasts as the top bid? Just put in your $50 max bid in the final seconds.

We got two of those for free as compensation for how badly they messed up my jersey order.

What happened with your jersey order?

Edited by JWomp

No, that's the smart way to do it. Bidding early serves no purpose. It does nothing other than drive up the price of the auction overall, and if you do end up holding on and winning, you're likely paying more than you would if you had waited until the end.

Let's say you're willing to pay $50 for an item. Why bid early and show your hand? Why bid $50 and hope it lasts as the top bid? Just put in your $50 max bid in the final seconds.

As a seller it sucks. As a buyer sniping is the only way to go.

What happened with your jersey order?

I ordered two jerseys Feb 11 . My Elias one came to my house 2 days later. Jamie's Clarkson had to be sent away for stitching. 1 month and 6 days of calling, emailing, going to the Devils Den.... (this is a very long story short) the jersey showed up at the arena at 5:30 on Wednesday before the game. The manager of the store walked Jamie's jersey over herself to the Arena Lounge and gave us free pucks and pins haha.

But they had told us the jersey would be there in two weeks, three weeks, the first week of March, last Thursday "should be coming in today or tomorrow" and got the same answer Thursday, Friday, SAturday, Monday, Tuesday. Wednesday it was supposed to be there at 11, 1:30 then 5:30.

I ordered two jerseys Feb 11 . My Elias one came to my house 2 days later. Jamie's Clarkson had to be sent away for stitching. 1 month and 6 days of calling, emailing, going to the Devils Den.... (this is a very long story short) the jersey showed up at the arena at 5:30 on Wednesday before the game. The manager of the store walked Jamie's jersey over herself to the Arena Lounge and gave us free pucks and pins haha.

But they had told us the jersey would be there in two weeks, three weeks, the first week of March, last Thursday "should be coming in today or tomorrow" and got the same answer Thursday, Friday, SAturday, Monday, Tuesday. Wednesday it was supposed to be there at 11, 1:30 then 5:30.

Wow yea thats really crappy. Based on your situation and others that Ive heard Im going to stay away from ordering anything from them in the future.

Agreed. I hate it and it's an absolutely filthy way of doing things, but if an item is even remotely interesting, it's the only way to even have a chance at getting it. What really sucks is if you're not going to be available when the auction is due to end. I know there are tools out there that will attempt to snipe on your behalf, but if you're not a regular on eBay, those tools aren't worth the investment.

There are other auction sites that will extend the end time by something like five minutes if someone bids as the auction is coming to a close. It provides more of an authentic "going, going, GONE!" experience. I wish eBay would offer it up as an option, but they never will.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.