Visnovsky staying in Slovakia

SterioDesign

Visnovsky plays in Slovakia, and teams aren't playing each other 7 times (thankfully). Still, this is great news for NJ, as the Islanders basically have Streit, Hamonic, McDonald, and lol Matt Carkner signed to play defense for them next year. They need someone else.

Visnovsky plays in Slovakia, and teams aren't playing each other 7 times (thankfully). Still, this is great news for NJ, as the Islanders basically have Streit, Hamonic, McDonald, and lol Matt Carkner signed to play defense for them next year. They need someone else.

Where'd you hear that?

If the 7 game thing was true, the Atlantic would be at such a disadvantage

Edit- looking at their D they'll probably have to call up rookies like Reinhart and De Haan

Edited by SMantzas

Where'd you hear that?

If the 7 game thing was true, the Atlantic would be at such a disadvantage

Edit- looking at their D they'll probably have to call up rookies like Reinhart and De Haan

De Haan is out for the year already. They'll have to sign someone or make a trade.

I haven't heard any talk about playing 7 games w/ each divisional team since the CBA was agreed to - I hear talk of 3 games with conference opponents (30 games) and between 4 and 5 games with divisional opponents (4+4+5+5 = 18).

De Haan is out for the year already. They'll have to sign someone or make a trade.

I haven't heard any talk about playing 7 games w/ each divisional team since the CBA was agreed to - I hear talk of 3 games with conference opponents (30 games) and between 4 and 5 games with divisional opponents (4+4+5+5 = 18).

A trade huh? Too bad Lou they're in the division. Grabner or Okposo would look good in red and black

A trade huh? Too bad Lou they're in the division. Grabner or Okposo would look good in red and black

Devils and Islanders make the odd trade, so it could happen. Pieces involved are probably too good though.

I'm not surprised, the word at the draft was that he was never going to report to the Islanders, even if the season started on time.

Cynical me says the Isles like the huge cap hit without having to spend any real dollars.

Cynical me says the Isles like the huge cap hit without having to spend any real dollars.

They don't get the cap hit if he doesn't report, he's not a 35+.

Devils have traded with the Islanders plenty over the years. If the Devils could fetch Josh Bailey out of there for Tallinder + something or Greene + something? I'd do that. Bailey's still real young but he's never going to be a great player and it's not like the Islanders have him at an enormous discount anymore.

They don't get the cap hit if he doesn't report, he's not a 35+.

I believe they would be. Visnosky isn't retiring, he'd be suspended. Suspensions still count on the cap hit.

David Pagnotta@TheFourthPeriod

Visnovsky forfeits his $3M salary. NYI will contest his $5.6M cap hit; could look to reverse trade again. (They lost 2nd RD pick for nadda)

------------------------------

So the Isles could just skip contesting it, take the cap hit, and then say they're at the floor.

Players suspended by teams don't count on the cap. Look at 50.10.c of the old CBA. Unless that has changed in the new agreement, and I don't see why it would because it's senseless to count suspended players, Visnovsky won't help them reach the floor unless he's actually here.

Edited by Triumph

What a joke...it's obviously because he's on the Islanders and he doesn't want to play for a sh!t team, even though he claims that's not the reason. First he tries to void the trade, and now he decides not to report. At least be a man and tell the truth about it. Of course, I'm happy he won't be playing against us, but in general I think it's pretty classless of him.

Players suspended by teams don't count on the cap. Look at 50.10.c of the old CBA. Unless that has changed in the new agreement, and I don't see why it would because it's senseless to count suspended players, Visnovsky won't help them reach the floor unless he's actually here.

"For Players that are suspended, either by a Club or by the League, the

Player Salary and Bonuses that are not paid to such Players shall not count against a

Club's Upper Limit or against the Players' Share for the duration of the suspension,"

It won't count against the upper limit or against the players share of HRR. It still counts on the clubs cap and can still be used to reach the payroll floor. It works like putting a player on the LTIR, in terms of the cap, I believe.

What a joke...it's obviously because he's on the Islanders and he doesn't want to play for a sh!t team, even though he claims that's not the reason. First he tries to void the trade, and now he decides not to report. At least be a man and tell the truth about it. Of course, I'm happy he won't be playing against us, but in general I think it's pretty classless of him.

Maybe he doesn't want to live on Long Island? Maybe he doesn't get along with Matt Moulson from when they were teammates? Who knows. He tried to void the trade because he felt his contract said something which it turns out it didn't.

Anyway, he won't be allowed to play in the KHL anymore, but I'm sure he could play in some other league. If someone doesn't feel like playing for a team they didn't agree to play for, I don't blame them - I mean, he won't get paid, so it's his choice.

"For Players that are suspended, either by a Club or by the League, the

Player Salary and Bonuses that are not paid to such Players shall not count against a

Club's Upper Limit or against the Players' Share for the duration of the suspension,"

It won't count against the upper limit or against the players share of HRR. It still counts on the clubs cap and can still be used to reach the payroll floor. It works like putting a player on the LTIR, in terms of the cap, I believe.

Upper limit is the NHL's word for salary cap. You can read back 2 articles to see how injuries are treated - they DO count against the Upper Limit, but teams are permitted to exceed the Upper Limit.

Edited by Triumph

Upper limit is the NHL's word for salary cap. You can read back 2 articles to see how injuries are treated - they DO count against the Upper Limit, but teams are permitted to exceed the Upper Limit.

Upper Limit is the NHL's word for the Upper Limit. There is a Lower Limit and it is not mentioned here. From 50.5b:

"Lower Limit" and "Upper Limit." For each League Year there shall be

a "Lower Limit" and an "Upper Limit" at or between which each Club must have an

Averaged Club Salary. The range between the Lower Limit and Upper Limit shall be

known as the "Team Payroll Range" (the "Payroll Range" or "Range").

So if the league wanted to apply this to both upper and lower limit they would have said payroll range or range not upper limit only.

Look at this scenario, it's the day before the season. A team is at the Salary Floor and they have to suspend a player who makes $7 million dollars. Now you're telling me that team is in salary cap violation unless they are able to add $7 million in 1 day? Of course they aren't, that's why you need to apply for cap relief of these contracts

Upper Limit is the NHL's word for the Upper Limit. There is a Lower Limit and it is not mentioned here. From 50.5b:

"Lower Limit" and "Upper Limit." For each League Year there shall be

a "Lower Limit" and an "Upper Limit" at or between which each Club must have an

Averaged Club Salary. The range between the Lower Limit and Upper Limit shall be

known as the "Team Payroll Range" (the "Payroll Range" or "Range").

So if the league wanted to apply this to both upper and lower limit they would have said payroll range or range not upper limit only.

Look at this scenario, it's the day before the season. A team is at the Salary Floor and they have to suspend a player who makes $7 million dollars. Now you're telling me that team is in salary cap violation unless they are able to add $7 million in 1 day? Of course they aren't, that's why you need to apply for cap relief of these contracts

Yeah, that makes some sense, and now I see how Upper Limit and Lower Limit are being defined - it's not really a cap workaround since you can't just suspend a player for no reason, but yeah. It'll end up working out for the Islanders anyway.

This probably answers a question I had earlier today, whether the cap benefit recapture formula would act as a cap hit through which teams could hit the floor. No, it could work like this - just counting against the Upper Limit.

Edited by Triumph

You gotta feel bad for the Islanders. Thats two notable players basically dissing their franchise in two years. That will all change with the move to Brooklyn.

Well, they need a little more credibility than that. Being in Los Angeles for years didn't help the Clippers. They had to make a perfect draft pick and trade for an exceptional player to be taken seriously. Being within the boundaries of new york city should help the Isles a lot though.

I usually like to see these things as "business is business", but Visnovsky comes off as a scumbag this time around. If you're an Islanders fan, I think he's hit the point where you don't even want to see him on the ice for your team anymore. How do you cheer for a guy like this?