Andy Greene Signed +5 years @ $5M Per Season

Zubie#8

Every time I see Party Poker this enters my head:

"This is the moment, Tonight is the night, we'll fight till it's over. So

we put our hands up like the ceiling can't hold us....."

Damn it. It's in my head now, too. Which is a shame because Weird Al's Foil was in there for the last day or so.

Nick Alberga

@thegoldenmuzzy

Host, Ice Cap on @siriusxmNHL

Nick Alberga ‏@thegoldenmuzzy 14m

Devils have a 4 pm conference call. Imagine it's to announce the return of Kovalchuk

Although I remember a time when TSN said we were trading Parise for Towes. So...

what are they gonna do, announce that kovy has agreed to not play for the next calendar year and will come back next year?

(Sigh)

Unfortunately well have to deal with these "insiders" baiting for attention by brining up kovy for the foreseeable future. People will probably speculate until kovy is 6 feet under.

I'm guessing a Greene extension and/or maybe a trade

How often are trades kept secret?  Something would've leaked by now.

Either an in-house contract extension (Greene) or something not terribly significant, from a player standpoint. 

yahooooo, Lou conference call time.  :yay:  :yay:  :boogie:  :boogie:

lets just hope this isn't a repeat of the party poker deal. what a botch job that was. 

obviously we gotta hope for a Greene extension. or maybe even a trade just to feed excitement to the hyenas that we are

If Brodeur is going to retire without playing again, you'll hear things like 'If Brodeur doesn't get an offer in a few weeks to his liking, he is considering retirement' long before he actually announces it.

Plus that french canadian journalist (Lavoie?) who has direct access to Marty would've tweeted something about this already.

I'm bursting with excitement.  NEWS GUYS.  SUMMER NEWS!  I'd be happy with a Greener extension. 

4 years at 3.5 million a year, maybe 4 a year.

3.5 million? i'd be more surprised than i would be thrilled if we could get him to sign long-term for 3.5

Cory Schneider to retire, and Adam henrique to be traded to the rangers for a bag of pucks.

this is what I expect as a devils fan as of late.

Wow that was suprisingly hard to type on a phone, fvcking auto correct.

Edited by Sneax

3.5 million? i'd be more surprised than i would be thrilled if we could get him to sign long-term for 3.5

I could see it.  Him taking a discount I mean. 

Fixed

I could see this as well.  Salvador retiring would make things a little interesting.  I've been saying that he's going to retire after this season due to injury issues, but he's complained about groin and foot issues, stating that he can't skate very well due to those kind of injuries.