• Please log in to reply
535 replies to this topic

#321 Uncle Lou

Uncle Lou

Draft Pick

• Pond Hockey
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:07 PM

I'm new here but hardly a new Devils' fan.
I'm reading through some of these comments posted for tonight game and I can't believe, after all the Devils have been through this playoff season, that some of you so called fans would doubt. I don't know about you people, but when I watch the Devils play, I see another championship team.

#322 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

HAHA Torts calling the game "Unfair" What a load!

Stan said it almost seemed unfair the rangers lost. Torts disagreed. That dinosaur fischler should call it quits already

#323 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,009 posts

The three stars were Carter, Callahan and some other Ranger (forget who)...I would say it's a joke three star selection but it is kind of indiciative of how the play went.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#324 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:08 PM

What a rollercoaster. I am so happy.

I'm still in shock. The Devils had no business winning this game but pulled it off somehow. If they come out on home ice Friday and play the way they are capable of and have showed us time and time again, then I like their chances. Go Devils!

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#325 yankeesjetsfan

yankeesjetsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:09 PM

if Marty wins the Cup, does he retire?

Mike
Posted Image
Posted Image

#326 davieboynj

davieboynj

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

HAHA Torts calling the game "Unfair" What a load!

That was that POS Fischler, Torts disagreed with him.

I can't believe i just defended Tortorello...
Hedberg: "...You never know what you’re going to get. The grass isn’t always greener on the other side. That’s all I can say. I know this is a very, very good place to be. I’ve been to a few places and I can say this is a very good one.

#327 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

well, regardless, it has to be the Rangers destiny to lose Game 6. AVENGE '94

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#328 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,009 posts

'The next time they let up a 3-0 lead' lol...the fact that was even said makes me laugh. You couldn't get away scripting this stuff in Hollywood.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#329 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Torts was chatty during his press conference.......

#330 pleasepassthesoup

pleasepassthesoup

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

I'm feeling a 4th line goal for us tonight.

I underestimated them.

#331 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,230 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:10 PM

I think you and I are two of the older fans here and have followed this team some of the longest, so I understand your frustration. However, even I lost hope in the late '80s. I missed the Cinderella run of '88 because I was so tired of losing and simply didn't follow hockey that year. I ended up tuning in for the late part of the finals and that was it. Does that make me fair weather? I suppose so. But then again I was there rooting from about '81 when they were lame duck in Colorado to early '88 and there was a LOT of losing and I started up again around '90 or so. Now one minute of losing isn't the same as half a decade of utter humiliation, including the infamous Gretzky attack on our franchise, but I guess I understand the sentiment. Most of our fan base isn't even old enough to know what it is like to have a losing season. Last season was the closest thing they've had those early days.

Just my couple o pennies.

In fairness, the Devils were improving slowly but surely each season after bottoming out in '84 with 41 points, and in '88 had actually gotten off to a nice start to the season before fading, then picking it back up again to get into the playoffs.

Yeah, some of the younger fans can come off as unappreciative, entitled, spoiled, whatever, but for me I've always maintained that fans can't help when they were born. If a fan was born in '87 or some year around then, his early Devils hockey experience might have consisted of watching the Devis win their first Cup...not every playoff run has ended in success, but a fan born in '87 has seen his team get to four Cup finals, win three Cups, be a factor almost every season, and miss the playoffs twice (he wouldn't remember the '89 playoff miss). If that's your frame of reference, yeah, it's easy to feel like it's preordained that your team automatically will enjoy sustained success.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#332 davieboynj

davieboynj

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

The three stars were Carter, Callahan and some other Ranger (forget who)...I would say it's a joke three star selection but it is kind of indiciative of how the play went.

Gio should have been in there.
Hedberg: "...You never know what you’re going to get. The grass isn’t always greener on the other side. That’s all I can say. I know this is a very, very good place to be. I’ve been to a few places and I can say this is a very good one.

#333 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,009 posts

Stan said it almost seemed unfair the rangers lost. Torts disagreed. That dinosaur fischler should call it quits already

Stan's not wrong though...we were complaining enough after losing Games 1 and 3 and we didn't even dominate either game as much as the Rangers dominated for 50 minutes tonight. I mean really, if we're going to complain about losing when we have the better of play let's at least acknowledge it when it (finally) goes the other way.

#334 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,888 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:11 PM

Well we took the Rags best punch and survived...sure some luck was involved but you know what...

the rags 3rd goal was luck

the fact that blatant high stick on callahan went uncalled was luck. That still has me angry, even after the win.

so whatever, that's the way the cookie crumbles. I know what went on, Torts drilled it in them "everybody is saying you're done, tired etc" so after the initial 3-0 shock they rags played with renewed fire and intensity

WE STILL WON

we broke there fvcking hearts. You can bank on it. The rags won't play at this level again, and neither will the Devs.

Edited by '7', 23 May 2012 - 10:12 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#335 davieboynj

davieboynj

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Torts was chatty during his press conference.......

Same as last game... I'm almost positive he was spoken to by the league.

#336 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,427 posts

Not counting my chickens just yet, but if your a Rags fan, are you really confident in this team right now? They have NOT won 2 games in a row in the playoff this season and I have a hard time believing that they will do it now. I firmly believe the Devils are in their head.

The Devils have the skate to the Rags throats not. Lets put them away on Friday!

LETS GO DEVILS!!

Mike

They won two in a row against Ottawa. I do think we will win at this point, though, that was a punch to the kidneys and Lundqvist has not been awesome the last two games. The Rangers came out of the shell tonight and I don't think we were ready for it, we got up 3-0 but they had a hard time with it. Now you have tape as they have rarely come out of their shell in the playoffs

#337 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:12 PM

Same as last game... I'm almost positive he was spoken to by the league.

That or he's just looking for some good karma.

#338 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:13 PM

These are the good ol' days.
It's the whiskey talking.

#339 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,230 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:14 PM

Not counting my chickens just yet, but if your a Rags fan, are you really confident in this team right now? They have NOT won 2 games in a row in the playoff this season and I have a hard time believing that they will do it now. I firmly believe the Devils are in their head.

The Devils have the skate to the Rags throats not. Lets put them away on Friday!

LETS GO DEVILS!!

Mike

Kind of amazing that the Rangers are just 10-9 in the playoffs thus far. They lose Game 6 and they finish the playoffs with a .500 record. You rarely see that from a team that gets to the Conference Finals.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#340 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:14 PM

That or he's just looking for some good karma.

He looks more beaten than anything else.
It's the whiskey talking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users