2010 NFL thread

MadDog2020

About time the human-interception-factory is gone in Carolina!

Quiet day so far.... usually someone signs right away.....

don't worry the NFL Network will shovel the Combine garbage down your throat till it happens!

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chatter update: Lovie Smith flying to Carolina to meet Peppers one on one and beg the hell out of him to be a Bear

(can't say I blame them, since they don't draft till the 3rd Round, time to get desperate)

There is no team happier about an uncapped year than Carolina. That contract they signed Delhomme to last year was maybe the worst contract in NFL history.

+1 Never understood that contract, especially after his playoff performance prior to re-signing him.

NFL Networks reported that the Chicago Bears has signed FA RB from the Vikings Chester Taylor to a 4-yr-$16M dollar contract with $7M guaranteed upfront. Not a bad contract at all for Taylor. Bears are also close to signing Peppers.

Reports: Bears close with Peppers; Taylor has deal

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/03/05/reports-bears-close-with-peppers-taylor-has-dealn/

The Bears have agreed to terms with free-agent RB Chester Taylor, and the signing of DE Julius Peppers is imminent, according to the Chicago Sun-Times.

Neil Hayes reported Friday that Peppers is expected to sign a six-year contract worth approximately $12 million per season, with the first three years guaranteed. The Eagles and Patriots also have offers out to Peppers, NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora reported.

Edited by SatansDevils

So I guess Chicago is going to do running back by committee with Forte and Taylor. I wonder which one of them will get more carries, should be an interesting training camp battle for carries. Not surprised at all by Peppers.

I'd love Antrel Rolle as a Giant, he and Kenny Phillips at the safeties would be great for the secondary it'd help a lot. I still would like cornerback help, though.

Julius Peppers is officially a Chicago Bear.

Peppers, Bears finalize deal

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=4969071&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

The Bears and Julius Peppers finalized a six-year deal to bring the top free agent in 2010 to Chicago, according to a source.

Peppers was looking for at least $12 million a year in the early part of the contract. The agreement could be worth $40 million over the first three years.

The 6-foot-7, 283-pound Peppers is a five-time Pro Bowler who recorded 10.5 sacks with two interceptions and five forced fumbles last season.

+1 Never understood that contract, especially after his playoff performance prior to re-signing him.

The point of the contract was to lower his cap hit so they were able to re-sign guys like Gross and Peppers. They gave him guaranteed money, but his cap hit was nothing. He was expected to make $1.625 million this year, which is less than 50 QBs in the league. So with that in mind, people don't really get what the point of releasing a QB, who makes so little and would be a great backup for any team. But, I like the direction that they are taking with Moore most likely being the starter. He deserves that opportunity.

So I guess Chicago is going to do running back by committee with Forte and Taylor. I wonder which one of them will get more carries, should be an interesting training camp battle for carries. Not surprised at all by Peppers.

I'd love Antrel Rolle as a Giant, he and Kenny Phillips at the safeties would be great for the secondary it'd help a lot. I still would like cornerback help, though.

Fantastic signing my the Bears on Taylor. He improves them alot and really hurts Minny.

Absolutely thrilled. If Mason plays one more year with Boldin we finally have the pieces for another championship.

LOTCB is right, Flacco has to deliver NOW.

Indeed. You guys look good on paper for sure. Boldin is really the first legit big-play threat that organization has had since maybe Webster Slaughter.

Indeed. You guys look good on paper for sure. Boldin is really the first legit big-play threat that organization has had since maybe Webster Slaughter.

Pish-posh!

Derrick Mason has been one of the best receivers in Football the past decade, he would be a HOF candidate if we didn't have Kyle Boller, Derrick Anderson, Anthony Wright, and a ancient Steve McNair at QB. Unfortunately he is also the only WR that Flacco throws to and teams know it.

Pish-posh!

Derrick Mason has been one of the best receivers in Football the past decade, he would be a HOF candidate if we didn't have Kyle Boller, Derrick Anderson, Anthony Wright, and a ancient Steve McNair at QB. Unfortunately he is also the only WR that Flacco throws to and teams know it.

Mason's a possession receiver, mister get the ball on 3rd and 5... then again... really so is Bouldin when he's not getting his brains beat in.... hence the still pop-gun offense crack :lol:

It's a step... a GOOD step, but they ain't done WR shopping yet if you ask me (esp if Mason does retire)

Go get Antonio Bryant perhaps

Mason's a possession receiver, mister get the ball on 3rd and 5... then again... really so is Bouldin when he's not getting his brains beat in.... hence the still pop-gun offense crack :lol:

It's a step... a GOOD step, but they ain't done WR shopping yet if you ask me (esp if Mason does retire)

Go get Antonio Bryant perhaps

Mason is clearly much more than a possession receiver (averaged 14 yards per catch with 4+ catches of greater than 40+ yards).

I agree, we need more speed to stretch the field and catch those beautiful deep Flacco throws.

Tebow to work out with the Bills...

The thought of this is making me cringe...

91 year old owner...ex QB Jim Kelly campaigning for Tebow...bad thoughts man...bad thoughts.

Edited by LOTCB