Photo

Lockout 2012-2013 (Hockey's back!)

• Please log in to reply
1718 replies to this topic

Poll: Lockout 2012-2013 (Hockey's back!) (130 member(s) have cast votes)

When will we see hockey?

1. Oct 12 (10 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

2. Nov 12 (19 votes [14.62%])

Percentage of vote: 14.62%

3. Dec 12 (26 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

4. Jan 13 (33 votes [25.38%])

Percentage of vote: 25.38%

5. Feb 13 (1 votes [0.77%])

Percentage of vote: 0.77%

6. Mar 13 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. Apr 13 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

8. Oct 13 (14 votes [10.77%])

Percentage of vote: 10.77%

9. Never (27 votes [20.77%])

Percentage of vote: 20.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1461 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,805 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:14 PM

It's not the absence of Parise alone that worries me, it's the absence of both Parise and injured Henrique that causes me some concern.

Edited by Devilsfan118, 05 January 2013 - 03:14 PM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#1462 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

The idea that the team won't succeed without Zach Parise is pretty laughable; I happen to recall a disaster season that he was injured for much of, that nearly ended in a playoff berth regardless.

in a long run you still need those kind of players, real warriors. I never said we'd be horrible but we were a better team with Zach thats for sure. Thats like saying that the Devils would have never really needed Brodeur after all cause we saw that a guy like clemmenson can do the job. Or that Pittsburgh doesnt need Crosby since they are still a good team without him.

Edited by SterioDesign, 05 January 2013 - 03:19 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#1463 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

It sucks losing Parise, but we got the best years out of him. I'm fine letting someone else overpay for what he did HERE

#1464 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

@BretHedican: I'm hearing that the #NHL #Lockout is over! Let's get back 2 watching the greatest gm on earth! & let's not allow this to ever happen again!
gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#1465 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,317 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

I'm not trusting that.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#1466 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

Even if the NHL and PA reach a deal, I can't get excited or celebrate the lockout being over. The damage is done as far as I'm concerned. A shortened season after a 3rd lockout won't even feel like a real season to me. Not trying to be a downer but it's just the way I feel, I'm sure most will disagree with me.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#1467 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,805 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

@Ledger_NJDevils: One Devils player: "I'm hearing (lockout is over). I'm ready to go, but I'll believe it when I see it... I'm just waiting for the call."

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#1468 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,903 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

Even if the NHL and PA reach a deal, I can't get excited or celebrate the lockout being over. The damage is done as far as I'm concerned. A shortened season after a 3rd lockout won't even feel like a real season to me. Not trying to be a downer but it's just the way I feel, I'm sure most will disagree with me.

. I don't blame anyone for not being as excited as they would be for the season to start under normal circumstances, and damage is done- some of it possibly never to be undone- but the damage would be a lot worse if the season was cancelled altogether. Two canceled seasons in 8 years is absolutely laughable. There's no way to defend that, I'm sorry.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1469 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

I propose fans across the league get up and walk out after the first period at all opening night games. I thought the first stoppage of play, but buildings are still half empty then.
gallery_47_36_882.png

#1470 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,903 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

I propose fans across the league get up and walk out after the first period at all opening night games. I thought the first stoppage of play, but buildings are still half empty then.

. And they'll thank you as you leave, as they'll have your money anyway. If you want to protest, don't go at all.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1471 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

. And they'll thank you as you leave, as they'll have your money anyway. If you want to protest, don't go at all.

That's tough for pissed off season ticket holders that have already given teams their money. My suggestion is just the easiest to be pulled off but will never happen. The game will return, and so will everyone by the the the playoffs start, just like the last two times. Our average attendance went up 1200 per game in 95.
gallery_47_36_882.png

#1472 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

So if this is true, how many games will the season be?

#1473 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

per Tg

Repeat, the CBA is not done. Just hearing that they've agreed on the number of years 10-years with opt out after Year 8.

www.SterioDesign.com

#1474 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,004 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

Thats good I guess.

#1475 Scott O

Scott O

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

Woo! No more lockouts until 2021 :lock:

(assuming, of course, these idiots figure this out in the next 9 months)

#1476 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

Things have cooled off in terms of stuff leaking/people talking. Meetings still taking place. Soon enough we shall know something..

#1477 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

I like the idea, but the other way around. League/PA negotiators took the offseason and first half of the season off, so we should take the first two periods off and show up for the third. Spend the first two periods in local establishments contributing to the people who were hurt the most by this circle jerk of a lockout.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#1478 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,102 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

Love it DIG...great idea.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#1479 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,102 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

This pretty much sums it up for me. As a whole, they all come off like a bunch of clowns right now.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#1480 lilgriffey84

lilgriffey84

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

It's not the absence of Parise alone that worries me, it's the absence of both Parise and injured Henrique that causes me some concern.

Forgot Henrique got hurt. When is he due back?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users