Madden to Hawks

Weekes Head

my lasting memory of John Madden

plus the two blown 2 on 1's this year.

time to go.

that was a great read by Weekes to kill the pass. two things stick out there.

1) Richer-Madden-Langs? yeech.

2) he can't roof it to save his life, and when he does, he misses. reminds me when he had Lundqvist beat in the PS against the Rangers in Game 5.

that was a great read by Weekes to kill the pass. two things stick out there.

1) Richer-Madden-Langs? yeech.

2) he can't roof it to save his life, and when he does, he misses. reminds me when he had Lundqvist beat in the PS against the Rangers in Game 5.

oh yea, the big penalty shot miss against Lundqvist. Forgot that one too...would've been one heck of a comeback to tie that game. But Madden has always been Captain Unclutch.

Will miss Maddog. He was a Devils home grown player just like Gionta who will always be Devils in our hearts. Sad to see longtime Devils players go but it is part of the business and it sucks. I wish both Madden and Gionta well and will keep a close eye on both players now they are gone.

Edited by SatansDevils

Great signing for Chicago. He was our best two way player in the playoffs this year (if only he could have scored on all the opportunities he made).

If he can help the Hawks offset the "Hossa effect" Madden may win another cup this year.

Madden is just too self-absorbed. I really like him and want nothing but the best -- but the direction he wants to grow in is not the direction most useful to this team. He's generous hard-working and has a good sense of fair play -- but his sense of self worth the things that make him feel important, trusted, cared about --- they're just all wrong - hollow and misguided. But whatever. He's also not the kind of guy who will learn or grow out of those concepts -- he'll just go through life secretly feeling dicked over. or heck not so secretly. But he ALMOST takes responsibility for his own happiness -- it's just one day he'll hit that wall -- and I've never been sure what he'd do when he got there --- not my problem though! :uni: