Nordiques Nation to come back to your town!

devilzibook

When your team sucks complete balls of course there's no interest.

if Winnipeg misses the playoffs by a wide margin for the next 5 years (or longer, just look at Atlanta) do you REALLY think they'll be drawing fans in still? No, they won't.

mdsieve has this one 100% correct

yes they will, i can guarantee that

When your team sucks complete balls of course there's no interest.

if Winnipeg misses the playoffs by a wide margin for the next 5 years (or longer, just look at Atlanta) do you REALLY think they'll be drawing fans in still? No, they won't.

mdsieve has this one 100% correct

The chance of that happening in the Peg is very slim. The team is two years removed from a playoff slot (competed for one for most of last season) and have a core of some good young players. They're not going very far any time soon, but they will compete a lot sooner. The salary cap will almost ensure it provided they continue to have strong drafts.

I'm an American, and I would prefer for the sport to grow in America. Like I said, Quebec had a team, it (for whatever reason) failed and it is time to just move on. Seattle should be the next place to get a team in my opinion. I have zero interest in returning a team to Quebec, and I don't support their cause. Winnipeg just got a team anyway, and it's not even something special really. I doubt a team moves to Canada within the next 5-10 years.

Seattle: Drop it. There's other markets that are more likely to get a team in the US i.e. Portland who already have a hockey ready arena, Kansas City, Las Vegas, and Houston. Seattle does not have an arena and the population is opposed to it. This is why the Sonics failed. I lived in Seattle for a decade and am pretty well versed in that regions sports politics. I think Seattle would be an optimal place for a hockey team because hockey is played in that region, but without an arena and the people willing to vote for it (remember Safeco Field and Seahawks Stadium are not old at all), its not going to happen.

As long as the Canadian dollar is strong, the franchises outside of the sure thing markets like Toronto and Montreal will be able to sustain teams.

Edited by ghdi