GDT SCF GAME 3: NJ DEVILS vs LA KINGS

lazer

Its so easy to judge players from the sidelines (the couch) and say that they "suck". I'm as guilty as the next since I haven't played hockey in years! I will tell you this much...unless you know what it's like to lace up that old pair of Bauer Turbos and work your ass off on the ice and still come up short...maybe we shouldn't be so quick to judge them for lack of work.

Just my take....Lets Go Boys! LGD

Fan from their opening night at the BBA!

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Eh. You brought it up. I've been wanting Byfuglien since 10-11 but I've been roundly thrashed.(Get it? Thrashed?) Anyway....

Need I remind everyone where out club was the season before? We missed the palyoffs. In the beginning of this season most "experts" expected us to finish 11th in the conference. Here we stand today, Eatern Conference Champions at the very least.

Hell! It was pretty scary the month before the playoffs because we kept going from 6th to 7th to 8th. No one recalls that we barely scratched by. If not for having the great record closing out the season we might have been out of the playoffs.

Now. We need, really need to get younger. I'm pretty sure we're one of the older clubs in the league. That's first order of business.

I hear you bro. Sooner or later the team needs to get younger, faster, and stronger. The Kings have mandhandled the Devils for much of this series. I mean, they've beaten up our players pretty well and have been quicker to the puck.

As for Marty, he's great and we love everything he's given us.. I mean, you can't complain at all really, but he can't be in net forever. Sooner or later Lou needs to realize we need a young goalie to take over. As for the others, Elias will likely hang them up soon.. he's nearing 40. Ditto with Salvador, Sykora.

The team needs a youth movement.

I can't wait to win 4 straight. History will be made.

Amen brother. Go Devils!

Zidlicky out, Tallinder in.

Thoughts?

At this point I'd throw it all at the wall. I love Zidlicky but these past 2 rounds have not been kind to him. I'd take out Zidlicky and Harrold and put Tallinder and Larsson in. I want to get Sykora in there to for his scoring touch. I like Josefson's game a lot so I'd take out Bernier instead. Perhaps the Sykora-Elias-Zubrus line could recreate some magic.

Damn proud of this team no matter what.

It's never easy to see it all end like this...but exactly what way WOULD be easy to watch your team lose in the SCF? There really isn't one.

As long as the player handshakes haven't started, the series is still on, but it's really hard to believe that the Devils are coming back from 3-0. They haven't been able to buy a break, but I can't make a real case for LA not deserving to be up 3-0 in these Finals. I guess one can point out that Games 1 and 2 could've gone either way, but the Devils have had their fair share of "either way" games in these playoffs...they had to win two OT games in Games 6 and 7 just to get out of the first round.

And that's all I really expected/hoped for from the Devils this year...to get past the first round. Once they drew the Flyers in the second round, I thought they'd lose in five. They won in five. Once they drew the Rangers in the ECF, I thought they'd lose in six. They won in six. This has truly been a magic carpet ride, a run no one saw coming...it's unfortunate and sad that it appears to be coming to such an abrupt end, and for now I'm just going to hope that the Devils can find a way to force a Game 6...yes, that's getting ahead of myself, as we don't even know if a Game 5 is in the cards yet, but I guess in this season of surprises, I'm aiming high.

If anything good has come out of this, along with having a new banner to send up to the rafters and a month of entertaining playoff hockey, it's that it looks like the Devils have at least re-established themselves as playoff contenders for the forseeable future, and in the anything-can-happen landscape that has become the NHL playoffs, that's all we can ask for. Clearly Kovy is not 100%, probably nowhere near that, but he's shown that he can contribute when the stakes are raised, and that "one career playoff win" monkey that he carried (somewhat unfairly) on his back is gone for good. Year #2 of his deal couldn't have gone much better for him than it did.

I'll save the offseason stuff for when the offseason actually gets here. The Devils might be wounded, but they ain't dead yet.

Best part of my night last night while watching the game Downtown Toronto at "Real sports" (best sports bar in the world, love watching hockey on a theatre screen) .. anyways.. best part was meeting and having a conversation with Darryl Sittler, who told me its too bad Marty just isnt getting any offensive support, cause hes having a great series.

The man speaks the truth !!

That first goal was extremely deflating, you could see the intensity drop. we were clearly out playing the kings up until that point, then things turned. yeah the kings are tough and quick and are out-hitting us, but we are winning our fair share of puck battles. it looks bad when our smaller D-men get hit or cant knock a forward off a puck, but they also get it out quick most of the time. we havent been forechecked to death by any means

kovy is done. and if it is a back disc problem, then I am officially concerned! a few weeks of rest isnt going to make it "go away". would have been nice to see what he could have done if healthy. he's getting no respect from the defensemen when he carries in - zero gap

im sorry thats outrageous, how many wacks do you get at it before they blow a whistle.

Also another HUGE offsides call before we entered the zone prior to this power play.

According to NHL.com you get at least 3 or 4 whacks. They admit in the article that he took multiple whacks at Brodeur.

"A pinching Martinez followed Dwight King's second, third and fourth whacks and pushed the puck in across the goal line at 5:40 of the second period for a 1-0 lead.

devils decided they would do the same thing in the powerplay immediately following that goal. they charged the net and whacked once, and going for the second one the ref blew the whistle and a defender cross checked our player out of the crease to prevent a second whack.

It's gotta be something about the acoustics in the Fire Lounge. The crowd sounds fine when CBC does telecasts, but they don't do it from the Fire Lounge like MSG and NBC do.

I think youre right (though I thought both CBC and NBC broadcasted from the fire lounge). But you'd figure they could easily adjust for that acoustics.

My obsession with this topic stems from the sht our fan base has taken for years. Yet, this year our fans and the Rock have been awesome. Would like the rest of the country to hear what we are about.

Did anyone see this?

LA Kings mascot Bailey taunted the New Jersey Devils with giant photos of the cast of Jersey Shore during Game 3.

https://plus.google....sts/CrF982zK2TB

Kings+Mascot.jpg

It's actually pretty funny.

I'm not going to rip into them for having no class. We shout "you suck" to the opposing team whenever the Devils score a goal, so if you can dish it.. you need thick enough skin to take it too.

It's actually pretty funny.

I'm not going to rip into them for having no class. We shout "you suck" to the opposing team whenever the Devils score a goal, so if you can dish it.. you need thick enough skin to take it too.

The difference is the Devils' FANS are doing this on their own accord. NJ Devil is not the conductor of the choir. This is an example of the Kings ORGANIZATION doing something minor league like this...pretty bush league to do in a Cup Finals IMHO...